Old 2 Sep 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Excellent report! Glad you’re home safe and missed Dorian.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Fantastic report! Glad to hear you are already booked to go back Thanks so much for sharing all your reviews - really helps with the planning!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to do your trippie it sounds like you both had a fantastic time
I have really enjoyed reading along and will look forward to reading your next one

Joan
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

A great report which I’ve enjoyed. Thanks for posting. Hope you’re getting over the jet lag 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

loved your report, some really great food choices, we are looking at POFQ for 2021 and possibly deluxe dining

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab last few meals, such a shame this is over and you at home. Thanks for sharing it all I've loved reading about all the food.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab report, just got caught up. Loved reading it and thank you for sharing
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

the Pez awards 2019

Now we are back and recovered from the flight (but not our Disney blues) we have time to ponder our food extravaganza and thought it would be useful to share our best and worst with you. And some musings on the highs and lows...

1. Best character meal
Me: I think I’m still with Cape May. It’s just so much more relaxed and less rushed than other places. The Tangled breakfast is however a close second purely on the food.

Eva: Cape May cafe - it’s all about Donald 😊

Worst character meal

Me: purely on the chaos and bad behaviour all around us it’s Chef Mickey. I saw a small boy leap off a table onto Pluto. The parents didn’t care. The place is complete chaos. The food is actually good but it’s like going to see a particularly aggressive football derby with rolling around the floor, food flying everywhere and every man for himself at the buffet. It’s an experience I wouldn’t like to repeat. However Eva loved it so next time I’m taking notes of the sights purely for the entertainment for the Dibb report.

Special mention to Akershus purely on the basis that they have drastically reduced the interesting stuff on the menu - gone are the range of pickled and smoked fish and they don’t even provide hot waffles any more. Shame as I had been looking forward to the veritable smorgasbord that used to be available. Now it’s down to just salmon.

Eva: Cinderella’s Royal Table because the characters didn’t interact - they turned up, signed , photo gone in 20 seconds.

Best one table service meal

Me: I’m going to say Raglan Rd on overall atmosphere and food. We had a great night there. The service beat quite a few signatures and they also let me have two drinks on DDP. Close second was Teppan Edo which is always faultless.

Eva: Teppan Edo - she said the food was really yummy.

Best signature restaurant

Me: if you read last years report it will come as no surprise that this category goes to Monsieur Paul. It was simply head and shoulders above the rest in every aspect. I ate multiple courses of superb food. They will tailor the tasting menu to your requirements and offered impeccable service. It was worth the extra $29 for the tasting menu. I really recommend a visit if you get chance. It’s first on the list for next time.

In terms of other great meals at signatures I rate California Grill, Yachtsman and Hollywood Brown Derby in that order. I loved the food at Flying Fish but felt let down by the service. Having said that, the pork belly starter is one of the best dishes I’ve eaten at Disney. Eva hates it and I would be hard pushed to get her there again no matter how much I bribe her with merchandise.

Eva: California Grill- she loved it here as she was treated like an adult and listened to. She really enjoyed it.

Best snack credit: I had the delight of opening day at Food & Wine. So I was somewhat spoiled for choice. I think I would say that the Thai red beef curry from the Thailand booth wins for me. Non food and wine snack credit award goes to Nudel Gratin from the Germany pavilion. Cheesy pasta goodness. Sweet snack goes to the beignet at French Quarter food court.

Eva: Mickey Ice cream cookie sandwich (no surprise there). Savoury was the chicken korma at the India booth.

Best off site meal

Me: again it’s Longhorns all the way. It’s going to take some beating to knock them off top spot. Excellent value and top food and cocktails. Never disappoints. Highly recommend the spicy shrimp starter and the strawberry margarita

Eva: Vivo Italian Kitchen. That surprised me as she fell asleep but she loves spaghetti bolognese and apparently it’s as close to mine that’s she’s eaten so therefore a winner 😂😂😂

Surprise great meal:

Me: Denny’s burgers. These knocked the socks off anything Disney is doing with a burger. I was really surprised at how great this was. Eva agreed and said it was the best milkshake she had ever had. Cheap as chips. It felt American too if that makes sense.

Worst table service restaurant

Me: one clear winner here. I’m so disappointed to name Be our Guest as the winner here. It was totally shambolic and much as we like meeting the beast, it’s unlikely we would return unless I saw an improvement in their process of seating and the quality of the food they are just throwing out of the kitchen. The only time I left $1 tip and I don’t regret it.

There isn’t a close second on this category such was the awfulness of our evening there.

Eva: as above. It was really rubbish all round.

Worthy mentions:

Boatwrights. They’ve really upped their game. I was shocked at how good it was. The bisque and fritters were outstanding. The brisket on the platter was so tasty. It’s definitely going on the repeat list for sure.

Vivo Italian Kitchen. Good standard comfort food on city walk at a much lower price than other options. Our food was delicious and exactly what we wanted. I would go here again. For quick service we both were pleasantly surprised with Moes Southwest Grill in the food court on citywalk. Try the tacos!

Best cocktail (this is for Minniesmum and Goldia 😂&#128514 this is one hard category. I loved the shaved ice vodka cocktail in Harambe, I loved the grown up lemonade from Woodys. I adored every Marg that passed my lips. However - I’m sticking with my old faithful grey goose slushie from France. Vive le slushy 🤪

Eva’s favourite drink was chocolate milk

Overall we had a brilliant holiday with no majors lows (apart from my tumble into Donald’s boat resulting in a sprained elephant foot😂&#128514.

The highs for us - Halloween party, food and wine festival, unexpected entry into SWGE, riding Hagrids, the lovely Portofino Bay hotel and we also got great weather during the last two weeks with minimal rain. Oh and our first trip to Walmart’s was pretty fun too.

Lows - the ankle obviously, be our Guest was a massive disappointment, the overselling of tickets for H2O meaning we only did 4 rides and let’s not forget the rude pushy parents in Fantasyland 😂😂😂.

Was the deluxe dining plan worth it?

For us yes 100%. We came to the end with one meal credit left. We ate whatever we wanted and were able to choose all our favourites. It worked with character dining and signatures. I prefer starters to puddings and vice versa for Eva. The tips are a bit painful but I see that as the cost of my drinks. We will continue to do deluxe for next year at least. We paid around 60 a day between us to upgrade from free for next year which is what we would pay for breakfast. I don’t really like quick service as I like to sit down with a menu and relax for my meals.

So folks that’s a wrap until next year. We have two weeks booked back at Riverside with the universal bit to be decided - I’d like to try RPR but Hard Rock remains my favourite hotel onsite there. I loved FQ but madam prefers the pool and food court at Riverside. So it’s POR next time ..

Thanks everyone for all the comments and for reading along - it means a lot to me 😊😊😊

Edited at 11:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Really enjoyed your report glad you are safely home no hurricane issues.
Well done on using the credits.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Such a great report. You’ve really convinced me to give deluxe a go in the future too.

Looking forward to your 2020 report already!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List