Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando21
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Devastated

I am a long term dibber but decided to change my user name as I don’t know if any of my friends are lurkers on here.

So yesterday we found out my lovely kind caring husband has acute myeloid Leukemia. He started feeling unwell the day we returned from holiday about 2 months ago. He has suffered so much in and out of hospital and finally they have given us a diagnosis.

We were due to go on a big family holiday with our grown up children in October for a special wedding anniversary.

I’m in the middle of cancelling everything and it’s just breaking my heart!. Not the fact that we are not going on holiday but how upset he is at the thought of it. He is a very selfless man and thinks about everyone else first.

He will start having aggressive chemotherapy next week. We have a long road ahead of us.

Don’t really know why I’ve come on here but I feel the need to off load. I’m lucky as I have a fabulous close circle of friends who have been a great help.

Anyway I’m determined we will get through this. If anyone has any positive stories it would help me greatly ♥️
Orlando21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about this awful diagnosis, sending lots of love & positive thoughts to you & your family X
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear your news, sending best wishes for a quick recovery x
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Hi - I just wanted to say that I hope that everything goes well and that the treatment works. Will be thinking of you and your family.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry to hear your news, you have my thoughts and best wishes at this time. I hope he starts to feel better and you can have some good quality family time. Lots of love xx
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear your news 😢😢 stay strong and rely on friends have a natter and a moan to anyone that will listen 😘 just awful news and I hope the treatment goes well and you eventually get the holiday you hoped for xx
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sending you hugs and best wishes.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How absolutely terrible and frightening for you. I am so glad you have some close friends to support you. Sending my positive thoughts your way. X
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So so sorry to hear your news. Wishing you the best of luck with his treatment. Look after yourself xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

So sorry to read this. Sending all my thoughts to you and your family.