Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Allears
Looking for my Ears

Fantasmic dining package

Hi there. First time poster. I am on DDP. Family of 4 heading out to Disneyworld this month. Super excited.
Fantasmic is one of the shows we really want to see. Is it necessary to have the dining package to get a decent seat without queuing for ages? and if so which of the three restaurants would you recommend? I have H and V reserved but have read really awful things about it and am thinking of cancelling. TIA for help!
Allears is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it is the best way to ensure you get a good seat without queuing up. Other alternatives are the dessert package but you would have to pay cash for that. There are also fast passes but the trouble with that is it means you won't get any extra fast passes during the day if you are holding that one.

I have not been to H&V but not heard great things about it either. I would change to Mamma Melrose as HBD is 2 credits.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

We did the dining package last year with HBD so we could get good seats. We did in fact get very good seats. We weren't very impressed with the whole dining experience at HBD and it's normally one of our favourites. On our next visit we are going to book the dining package but with Mama Melrose.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Allears
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Thanks so much for your replies. Really helpful. I’ll see if I can change to Mama Melrose.
Allears is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

I personally really enjoy H&V & have just booked the fantastic package for there for in February. It was one of our must do’s for this trip
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have booked Mama Melrose again after doing the Fantasmic package with them last time. We really enjoyed it and their steak and cheese pasta is amazing! The pudding which is a set dessert isn’t much cop but the main course makes up for that! Plus the decent seats at Fantasmic.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just gonna jump on this thread as opposed to starting a new one.. confused about the Fantasmic dining package! We are on DDP next year and Really keen to do Fantasmic on one of the evenings. Does the package cost anything or just 1TS credit? Seems like it should cost more! Thanks x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Just gonna jump on this thread as opposed to starting a new one.. confused about the Fantasmic dining package! We are on DDP next year and Really keen to do Fantasmic on one of the evenings. Does the package cost anything or just 1TS credit? Seems like it should cost more! Thanks x
Just 1TS credit. 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
At mama Melrose can you choose any entree or is it a set menu ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

At mama Melrose there’s a choice of entree but the dessert is set (no choice). Tbh we preferred it when it used to be a 3 course menu at MM rather than the current 2, and as we don’t particularly rate the desserts we probably wouldn’t bother again.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List