Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 16 Nov 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

'The One Where They Do Disney' - Day Two

Firstly, I don't seem to have many pictures from today! So I apologise if it seems sparse!

I woke around 7am today – Ellie had been up in the night with a temperature and she woke not long after me so I gave her some more calpol and she dozed back off in her bed. I had a quick bath while I waited for the others to wake up which didn’t take them long and we were all ready to go to breakfast at about 8.15. The que was a bit longer today but it moved quickly and we were seated a bit closer to the buffet today.

The girls had there matching Ariel skirts from last year on today (although last year there was no need for the jumper and tights )

Once we had filled our bellies, we did our usual routine of heading back to the room to sort our park bags and we were outside at the bus stop at 9.45. A bus came and a few people managed to get on but it was pretty full so we waited for the next one. A second one came and pulled up at the bus stop but before opening its doors pulled away and stopped further up, then opened their doors, then everyone ran and it was like a stampede. Rather than try and fight our way onto the bus - we decided to walk to the parks. Google maps said it was about half hour and it probably took us a bit less. It wasn’t that bad of a walk and we walked passed all the Disney hotels talking about which ones we'd like to stay in next time (I have my eye on Sequoia Lodge I think). We arrived at about 10.45 – the men had stopped at a garage on the way so were a bit behind us so we did bag check which didn’t have too much of a que at this point and headed to Starbucks so I could grab my mug.

I got a Cappuccino and my Disneyland Park Starbucks mug which was just under 20 euros. It's so pretty and now sits nicely with my Orlando and Magic Kingdom one!

Once we had finished paying and got our drinks the men had made it into Disney Village so we met up with them and headed into the Studios Park just after 11 taking a few pictures on the way in.

We had decided to head straight to Ratoutille this morning and grab a FP as it was an absolute must do for me, having never ridden it before. When we got there the FP time was at 4.15 – 4.45. This area is so well themed I love it! It was decorated for Christmas (which made a difference to the Halloween in the Disneyland Parc) and they had stalls there for what looked like a Christmas market type thing - would love to visit again at Christmas as this looked so cute.

(One I found from Google of what it looks like open!)

Once we had our Ratoutille FP safely tucked in our pockets, we headed next door into Toy Story Playland. Again, I love the theming here!

The girls were all too short for RC racer so we skipped this one and headed to SlinkyDog instead – this was a 25 minute wait. This was good but such a short ride! We walked past the parachute drop but none of the kids were keen on doing it so we just had a photo op instead.

We saw Buzz and Minnie meeting but they had to be pre-booked on the linberty app (which I had completely forgotten about at this point - I was in the habit of using the DL app but kept forgetting about lineberty – I believe you also have to be close to the park to prebook at 9.45 – so you need to make sure you are there prepark opening which we obviously weren't today).

The que for Crush’s Coaster was way over an hour (we kept an eye on it all day but it never dropped) – I’m not sure why this doesn’t have FP as it seems to be a popular ride. Even TOT dropped to 20minutes later in the day but this never did. Instead we did Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (which reminds me of Alien Swirling Saucers) but I love this! It throws you about way more than you think it would but the cars are quite small! Dan had to try and squeeze in with a giant bag!

I would love to see cars land in DCA - but this is the closest I'll get for a while!

Next up we headed to Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride which was a 20minute wait. The que area for this is a bit depressing and just feels like its been forgotten about abit. The ride was good though– much the same as always.

We asked the kids what they wanted to do next as TOT was only a 20 minute wait but none of them fancied it so we decided on Stitch Live which had an English show starting in 15minutes.

This was hilarious and much better than I was expecting! I think this was a highlight of our day in the Studios park – even if me and Dan did get picked on in the show (he had to stand up and dance to baby shark – which was amusing for the rest of us but not so much for him!). I think this started an obsession with Stitch for all of the girls.

After we exited this show we headed for a toilet stop and had a quick browse in the shops – Leah brought some pins for her lanyard.

and found lots of cuddly toys she wanted!

They had the cutest slippers which were shaped like Minnie’s shoes!

Again stock image because I seemed to take photos of hardly anything today!

We had aimed to catch the 3pm stunt show but by the time we had made our way over there they had shut the doors so we opted for the Tram Tour instead. Did they used to have this at MGM? I vaguely remember this from my childhood and could have sworn I saw this in Florida but I may be confusing it with something at Universal?

The fire and water stunt was pretty impressive but the rest we found pretty meh! It’s a shame as this could be really interesting!

Once we’d finished on this it was time for our Ratoutille FP. This was what I had been waiting for and it didn’t disappoint. I LOVED this ride and really hope its open for our Epcot trip next year. It so cleverly done and I would have ridden again straight away!

Modelling those 3D glasses

We were all getting pretty peckish now so we headed out of the park and to Disney Village for some dinner. On our way out we took a couple of photos.

Boo's door! Would love to have met Sully here.

Goodbye Studios

We had decided on Planet Hollywood as we had a 20% voucher. We arrived just before 5 and were told we would have a 15 minute wait so Dan went to the bar where I had a Titantic Cocktail (Vodka, Peach Schnapps, coconut rum, orange, pineapple juice and lemonade) – which was 9.95 without the souvenir glass and Dan had a double G&T (15 euros! And was a tiny, skinny glass! - my cocktail was way better value!)

We didn’t have much of a wait at all and were seated pretty much straight away downstairs, there were only about 2 other tables in here when we arrived but it was full by the time we finished. It didn’t take us long to decide on what we were eating but our waiter said they were advising to just order appetisers and drinks as they had a problem with the kitchen – we hadn’t planned on having starters and after a quick discussion decided to stick with our original plan and just order our mains. He advised there might be a bit of a wait – but I’m glad we stuck to our guns because the food was out really quickly.

I had a Plain Jane Burger, Leah had a hot dog and Ellie had a cheeseburger – Dan had the celebrity BBQ Bacon Burger. The kids meals came with a drink and dessert which they could chose fruit salad or sundae – both of mine chose the sundae. As the kids were having a pudding we decided to share the Toberleone Cheesecake – but our server came back and said they were out of, so we chose the Brownie Sundae – which yup they were out of too. We weren't having much luck trying to get a pudding!

I settled with a Salted Caramel milkshake – the kids desserts came out quickly but we had to chase up my milkshake twice and it really wasn’t worth it once it came! It’s a shame because up until then the service had been really good and quick! The total for us 4 came to 80 euros as we had brought our drinks at the bar earlier – which I didn’t think was too bad. It was a nice meal and I was glad we went early as it was rammed when we left.

On our way out we decided to stop in World of Disney, I got a Christmas Decoration which was 12.99, Ellie brought a Halloween Mickey (19.99) and Leah got a pair of earrings which were Mickey shaped and had her birthstone in. These were 21.99.

(stock image of my Christmas dec as its now safely wrapped in the loft for in a few weeks!)

After this we headed to the bus stop where a bus was waiting for us! After our experience this morning I’m glad the buses worked in our favour this evening. We were back in our room by 7.30 where we watched some telly, snacked on some treats and had a cup of tea before collapsing into bed.

The Studios Park really felt like a half day park considering we hadn’t made it into the park until 11 and were still out by half 4. I know we didn’t ride Crush’s Coaster or TOT but it felt like we had done it justice – the que for TOT was only 20 minutes and there were FP’s available so it would have been easy to squeeze that in had we wanted too. Rock & Rollercoaster was down for our stay unfortunately and I know they are doing a lot of work there at the moment so hopefully in the future we can spend some more time there.
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another great day!

I think you remembering the Studio Backlot Tour which used to be at Hollywood Studios! (I have never been on the tram tour at DLP but I am guessing they are pretty similar!)

I definitely recommend Sequoia Lodge if you do ever stay onsite! We stayed there last year and have booked there for our trip next year, it's a lovely hotel

So great purchases today!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoying the report, thanks for sharing.

Regarding Crush - they have trialed fastpass on this attraction a few times but due to its low capacity it just can't cope. It makes the standby line even slower and pretty miserable for those in that queue so they gave up on the idea.

I believe the original plan was to have two sets of tracks, like Space Mountain at MK and Primeval Whirl at AK but due to budgets this was scaled back to just the one. Sadly as it only loads 4 people at a time the queue is always long.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Another great day!

I think you remembering the Studio Backlot Tour which used to be at Hollywood Studios! (I have never been on the tram tour at DLP but I am guessing they are pretty similar!)

I definitely recommend Sequoia Lodge if you do ever stay onsite! We stayed there last year and have booked there for our trip next year, it's a lovely hotel

So great purchases today!

Ah yes I thought that was where it was from! Good to know I hadn't imagined it

Ah wow, what a lovely trip to look forward to next year it looks beautiful! x

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Really enjoying the report, thanks for sharing.

Regarding Crush - they have trialed fastpass on this attraction a few times but due to its low capacity it just can't cope. It makes the standby line even slower and pretty miserable for those in that queue so they gave up on the idea.

I believe the original plan was to have two sets of tracks, like Space Mountain at MK and Primeval Whirl at AK but due to budgets this was scaled back to just the one. Sadly as it only loads 4 people at a time the queue is always long.
Thank you for reading

Ah thank you - that's actually really interesting I did not know it had been trialled previously. Hopefully they can expand it to two tracks one day! It looks like a fun ride!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

There was a Studio Tour in MGM we were just talking about this the other day, I remember it too, pretty sad it wasn't there when we returned. Just heard the one at DLP is closing too, but it does sound like it's outdated.

Another fab day with lots of shopping too those pins are so cute xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
There was a Studio Tour in MGM we were just talking about this the other day, I remember it too, pretty sad it wasn't there when we returned. Just heard the one at DLP is closing too, but it does sound like it's outdated.

Another fab day with lots of shopping too those pins are so cute xx
I’m glad I wasn’t just imagining it! It’s funny what you remember because I don’t really remember much else! Yes it is now, I hope they incorporate/can keep the scene with the fire and water somehow, because it’s so nostalgic (well for me anyway )

We did seem to do rather a lot of shopping in DLP but spent less than we thought we would so can’t have been enough lol! Xx
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I’m glad I wasn’t just imagining it! It’s funny what you remember because I don’t really remember much else! Yes it is now, I hope they incorporate/can keep the scene with the fire and water somehow, because it’s so nostalgic (well for me anyway )

We did seem to do rather a lot of shopping in DLP but spent less than we thought we would so can’t have been enough lol! Xx
It would be lovely but I doubt they will

You can NEVER do enough shopping, there's always more to be done xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Another fab day! I agree about the studios being a half day park...it's desperate for some more attractions so looking forward to seeing what the expansion brings.

Yes the tram ride is very similar to what was at MGM. My little boy loved the bit where there's a dragon that breathes fire.

I do find the French service really lacking compared to the US unfortunately. Everything seems to take longer.

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge last year in December. It was perfect for a Christmas trip, all roaring fires and beautiful decorations.
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Another fab day! I agree about the studios being a half day park...it's desperate for some more attractions so looking forward to seeing what the expansion brings.

Yes the tram ride is very similar to what was at MGM. My little boy loved the bit where there's a dragon that breathes fire.

I do find the French service really lacking compared to the US unfortunately. Everything seems to take longer.

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge last year in December. It was perfect for a Christmas trip, all roaring fires and beautiful decorations.
It really is - I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I thought so! Ah it is fab and s impressive.

That is one area where they just don't live up to WDW! I guess we can't have it all though

Oh wow how amazing that sounds like a dream! It does look perfect for a christmas stay xx
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
It really is - I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I thought so! Ah it is fab and s impressive.

That is one area where they just don't live up to WDW! I guess we can't have it all though

Oh wow how amazing that sounds like a dream! It does look perfect for a christmas stay xx
Yeah should be amazing with Frozen, Avengers and Star Wars!
I think we're hopefully going to try Newport Bay next xx
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List