Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Sep 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
modjo00
New Poster (2)

Hi. Slightly off topic and I hope people get their points sorted soon. I am looking to book Disney for next summer and have Tesco points. Why s hotels.com a good exchange?
modjo00 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
spurs444
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Been waiting since May but finally had a phone call from Tesco on Friday to say our points would be refunded - 5000 points showing on our balance today.

We where passed back and forth to start with but eventually a really helpful staff member at Tesco took it on and now sorted.
spurs444 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by modjo00 View Post
Hi. Slightly off topic and I hope people get their points sorted soon. I am looking to book Disney for next summer and have Tesco points. Why s hotels.com a good exchange?
For me I had 2 nights book in HRH Club level and all I had to pay was £65 taxes as I had enough Club Card vouchers to pay for the hotel. However it is usually non refundable.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m still struggling- tried again today via hotels.com chat- got nowhere - now Trying to ring them
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ive just been emailed by Hotels.com with a new voucher code for the £180 portion of Clubcard vouchers. Better late than never!
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve just received an email from Hotels.com for a voucher for £315 for my clubcard vouchers.

It seems very disjointed - when I did online chat with Hotels.com back in June, they were adamant that it was Tesco’s issue. Tesco was adamant it was Hotels.com. At least it’s sorted now.

For info, it’s a month and 10 days since we were due to check out from the reservation. Not sure if that helps others still waiting.
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraB
Apprentice Imagineer

LaraB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've got an email too with my refund vouchers 😊
Lindfields 2008 Coronado Springs 2010,
Lindfields 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2022
LaraB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I had an email today too with my vouchers. Personally, I’m delighted with them. When I booked I knew the Tesco voucher part was non refundable. I proactively cancelled the booking and asked if they could help with the refund of the Tesco vouchers due to extenuating circumstances. They emailed back and said they would give me vouchers ( Hotels. Com vouchers) 30 days after I should have checked in. It’s less than 30 days, I didn’t have to chase them any further and they were true to their word - vouchers have arrived 😊
They have a long expiry date too - need to book by 31/12/2022 for stay to be completed by 31/12/2023.
It’s a well done to Hotels.com from me 👍
Hope others get sorted soon x
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Just coming on to say I got mine today as well. I put in a formal complaint on Friday. I had screen shots of all online conversations etc I threatened taking them to the media. I thought it was this that got the voucher sorted but it appears they have sorted them selves out.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me too. I’d written them off to be fair and didn’t even ask Hotels.com about them so it was a lovely surprise to get the email today 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List