Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jul 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brother just back from Torremelinos had a fantastic trip. Masks out and about for all but stayed in a fantastic hotel with designated sunbathing areas. Would go tomorrow if I could.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
It's TUI and Jet2 saying they will cancel flights if quarantine is reintroduced.

google/amp/s/mir...s-22409598.amp
Yeah, I saw this as well. Not clear on the jet 2 website if they would be cancelling just packages or flight only as well. Just gonna have to wait it out I think and keep everything crossed. Will be doubly annoying as we cancelled a UK break to go to Spain and now you can’t get anything here! Oh well, I suppose it’s the chance you take in these uncertain times.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Brother just back from Torremelinos had a fantastic trip. Masks out and about for all but stayed in a fantastic hotel with designated sunbathing areas. Would go tomorrow if I could.
Glad your brother had such a great time! The authorities in Spain are taking the restrictions very seriously do I wouldn’t have any safety concerns whilst there- I’ve been hearing lots of good feedback from people who are currently in the area.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked to go in 4 weeks, ryanair flights and a villa. We can't go if we have to quarantine on return due to work/school. We can change our villa to next year but would lose the flights or pay to change to next year. I really hope we can go but my concern is that the rules change when we are there!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Yeah, I saw this as well. Not clear on the jet 2 website if they would be cancelling just packages or flight only as well. Just gonna have to wait it out I think and keep everything crossed. Will be doubly annoying as we cancelled a UK break to go to Spain and now you can’t get anything here! Oh well, I suppose it’s the chance you take in these uncertain times.
They were on the news last night and said flights.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Norway has reintroduced quarantine for arrivals from Spain, effective from midnight tonight. So it’s not out of the question, though as yet no other European countries have made a change in relation to Spain.

As to making any such reintroduction localised, I don’t know how practical it would be, if domestic travel in Spain is not restricted. The requirement to wear masks in all public places, currently only in some regions of Spain, could be extended. Since all these decisions are in the hands of politicians in both countries, the outcomes are rather difficult to predict.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I guess for this year at least this is a conundrum that lots are going to be placed in, for the sake of ours and other countries economies governments want us to start traveling again and enjoying our holidays but as the virus hasn’t gone away it’s really taking a chance booking anywhere at the moment, I see on worldometers Spain has over 2200 positive cases yesterday 😢😢😢

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Im in Tenerife now, having a wonderful time.
Old 25 Jul 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Im in Tenerife now, having a wonderful time.
My friend is there too , she’s also loving it.
Have a great holiday 😎
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I flew with jET2 last Tuesday, it was certainly an experience travelling thru Manchester Airport and on the flight with Mask on at all times apart from when you were eating or drinking . Upon arrival in Malaga good procedures in place monitoring arrivals with what appeared to be body heat cameras.

We are in Torrox Costa which is a busy resort, beaches are packed but people are following the guidelines, I saw a cyclist stopped by the Police because he was not wearing a mask.

We have used bars where you are sat outside and can enjoy the weather, with cleaning gel and paper towels everywhere.

Despite the restrictions it is nice to see the sea.

But it is not Florida.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List