Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Sep 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Taxi to Positano would be quite expensive I think.

Could probably book TUI tours, Have a look on their website.

Have a look at the Sorrentoinsider website as well - that’s who we booked our boat with for Capri (the actual company was called
Restart Boat) as they have lots of tours. We used Antonio Cooperative for the Amalfi/Positano tour.
I’ll have a look. Thanks
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did this tour yesterday after booking it the day before:
tripadvisor/Attrac...s_Campani.html

We had a fantastic day! We wanted to go to Capri but didn’t want to spend too much money on a tour , so picked this one, even though it didn’t include the blue grotto.

They picked us up from our hotel and brought us down to the boat. We then sailed over to Capri and they pointed out a few things along the way and we saw the green grotto, and I think white? And also the romantic grotto. They gave us 4 hours on the island to do whatever we wanted, so we wandered around Capri and then got the bus to Anacapri to do the chair lift to the top (highly recommend!) and got some gelato. We then got a taxi back down to the boat to go back (we couldn’t figure out if there was a bus back and didn’t want to be late!). They then sailed for another short time and stopped for people to go swimming in the water for around 45 minutes. My husband can’t swim so we just dipped our toes in. They then sailed us round the rest of the island before heading back.

We got picked up at 8 and then dropped back at around 4:30. They provided sandwiches for lunch, and then gave us crisps, fruit and a little sweet treat throughout the journey, and also a glass of wine, a Prosecco/limoncello cocktail, and a shot of limoncello.

They done temperature checks, there was hand sanitiser on the boat and a toilet. Masks worn in the taxi to the boat, and not needed on the boat unless you wanted to. The tour is only for 12 people and it felt like there was enough space.

I highly recommend and would love to do it again!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
We did this tour yesterday after booking it the day before:
tripadvisor/Attrac...s_Campani.html

We had a fantastic day! We wanted to go to Capri but didn’t want to spend too much money on a tour , so picked this one, even though it didn’t include the blue grotto.

They picked us up from our hotel and brought us down to the boat. We then sailed over to Capri and they pointed out a few things along the way and we saw the green grotto, and I think white? And also the romantic grotto. They gave us 4 hours on the island to do whatever we wanted, so we wandered around Capri and then got the bus to Anacapri to do the chair lift to the top (highly recommend!) and got some gelato. We then got a taxi back down to the boat to go back (we couldn’t figure out if there was a bus back and didn’t want to be late!). They then sailed for another short time and stopped for people to go swimming in the water for around 45 minutes. My husband can’t swim so we just dipped our toes in. They then sailed us round the rest of the island before heading back.

We got picked up at 8 and then dropped back at around 4:30. They provided sandwiches for lunch, and then gave us crisps, fruit and a little sweet treat throughout the journey, and also a glass of wine, a Prosecco/limoncello cocktail, and a shot of limoncello.

They done temperature checks, there was hand sanitiser on the boat and a toilet. Masks worn in the taxi to the boat, and not needed on the boat unless you wanted to. The tour is only for 12 people and it felt like there was enough space.

I highly recommend and would love to do it again!
Sounds great! Thanks.
Could you have added the blue grotto?
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

When we went on our round Capri trip, we were warned about queuing boats at the blue grotto. He was not joking. The skipper gave us options of..
1. Queueing up.. which he estimated would take over an hour and a half.
2. Going elsewhere round the island and having a longer swim.

We took option 2, a unanimous decision amongst the three families on board.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Sounds great! Thanks.
Could you have added the blue grotto?
Not to the tour we booked, but they told us if we wanted to organise that ourselves whilst on the island we could do that! They said there was a queue, and they took us past on the way back and you could see the queue of boats!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We only waited about 10-15 minutes at the grotto in our boat.
Old 6 Sep 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Neil are you doing a trippie?
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Neil are you doing a trippie?
Nah, not a full one at least. Maybe a quick writeup if I get time.
Old 10 Sep 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Nah, not a full one at least. Maybe a quick writeup if I get time.
Oo yes even a quick trippie
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Just got back from a week in Sorrento, had a lovely holiday even though the weather wasn't great on a couple of days. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Aminta which was fab, amazing views!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List