Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Aug 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Villa rental- need help

Thinking of renting a villa Sept/Oct next year possibly for 2 weeks out of our 3/4 week holiday.

Haven’t stayed in a villa for years so not sure which community to be looking at. There will probably be 5 adults (no children) staying there.

Not too worried about being on Disney’s doorstep as will get our park fix when staying on site.

Need a little help please folks
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Davenport is the best value but further out than Kissimmee. We liked the Championsgate area and the villas at Solterra are lovely.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Do you have any preferences as there is so much choice, you could look at the villa map on here and see of there is any area you think you would like.
Do you know what you want in the villa, I guess you want a pool and then think about how many bedrooms you will need also do you want a gated community. Do you want it close to eateries or are you happy to stay further out.
We have stayed north of Cagans crossing, just off the US 27 north of the 192, this took far to long to get to and from the parks as it was a drive to I4 or we had to negotiate the traffic on the 192, also stayed near the walmart at Haines city, we personally felt this was too far away for us but I will say my sister loves it there and hopes to buy on Southern Dunes in the future. They are the furthest out we have been and now stay around championsgate where there are good links to the I4 and lots of places to eat.
I would get together with your group and decide what you would like then start by looking at what is available on here.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
My advice would be not to focus on specific communities, but to put all your efforts into finding the best villa which fits all (or the majority) of the requirements for your group, as there will be both fabulous and awful villas on every community.

The problem you may run into is that guests unable to travel this year are often transferring their bookings to the same dates next year which could potentially reduce the choice a little. The best place to start would be to put your dates and requirements into a new thread in the villa rental forum on here to see what is available and if any are suitable. Good luck in your search!

Debra

Edited at 02:25 PM.
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Do you have any preferences as there is so much choice, you could look at the villa map on here and see of there is any area you think you would like.
Do you know what you want in the villa, I guess you want a pool and then think about how many bedrooms you will need also do you want a gated community. Do you want it close to eateries or are you happy to stay further out.
We have stayed north of Cagans crossing, just off the US 27 north of the 192, this took far to long to get to and from the parks as it was a drive to I4 or we had to negotiate the traffic on the 192, also stayed near the walmart at Haines city, we personally felt this was too far away for us but I will say my sister loves it there and hopes to buy on Southern Dunes in the future. They are the furthest out we have been and now stay around championsgate where there are good links to the I4 and lots of places to eat.
I would get together with your group and decide what you would like then start by looking at what is available on here.
Wow, from Cagans Crossing you went to I4 to get into Disney? If you had joined the 192 towards Disney and at 1.5 miles turn up the Avalon Road for 1 mile, turn right onto Hertzog Road for 3 miles and you will be on the Western Way. Another 5 minutes and you will be at Coronado Springs which is next to AK.
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If you have a good budget then Emerald Island - if budget wont stretch that far then Sunset Lakes - both next door to each other just behind the new Margaritaville Resort on the 192 - ideally located for everything !

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hampton lakes, lovely area .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the Four Corners area is perfect, we love Sunset Lakes so always look for availability first. We also loved High Grove and Orange Tree but they are a bit further out.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List