Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Mar 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Specific room requests - Pop Century

Hey, I know MDE lets you put in a general request for what area you want your room to be. Is there a way other than calling to put in a more specific request? Like an email address for them? Obviously we know it's always just a request and no guarantee but we'd love to get our ideal spot if its possible so worth a friendly ask
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I put in a building request for my stay at POFQ in September using Chat on the MDE app. They were very helpful.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

In the past I've used the Touring Plans room requestor. I think all it does is forward a request via email to the resort so this is probably something you could do yourself as well.

Last visit in 2019 I stayed at Pop, had a look around the room maps. If I don't remember wrongly I actually requested a specific room number to give them an idea of what sort of room I wanted, and got a room just a few doors down from that so they had clearly taken my request into account!
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
In the past I've used the Touring Plans room requestor. I think all it does is forward a request via email to the resort so this is probably something you could do yourself as well.

Last visit in 2019 I stayed at Pop, had a look around the room maps. If I don't remember wrongly I actually requested a specific room number to give them an idea of what sort of room I wanted, and got a room just a few doors down from that so they had clearly taken my request into account!
I had the opposite experience with Touring Plans when I stayed at POFQ in 2018. My room was on a different floor and in the building furthest away from where I had requested. I mentioned the TP room request to the lady on the front desk and she didn't know what I was talking about. As it was, due to the small size of POFQ it didn't matter too much. However this time I've made my request directly through Disney. I'll see what happens.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Princessb13
Proud to wear my Ears

I was wondering this too. I'm staying at pop and wanted to ask for the rooms to have an adjoining door between our rooms and also one with a walk in shower. Tp don't have that option so was just going to give them a ring directly x
Princessb13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I stayed at Pop in January and had joined the POP Facebook group beforehand.
We had a standard room booked and 7-10 days before our arrival date I requested the 50's section near the skyliner, via live chat on MDE. They said that my request had been noted. When we arrived, thats exactly what we got!

I would say make it clear what you are looking for and no more than 2 location criteria but don't expect to be in a preferred room, if booked a standard.

I was really pleasantly surprised by POP. It was our first stay in a Value resort and I loved the modern rooms and all the storage cubby holes in the bathroom.

I also thought you had a(small) advantage over AofA at the Skyliner station in the mornings, as the entrance is nearer to POP, so when there's a queue it goes along the path into POP. It moves really fast though.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List