Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Masectomy bras

Please forgive my ignorance, but can anyone advise me on Masectomy bras.
My niece has undergone a Masectomy (Right side only). She lives in India and does not have access to post surgery bras etc. I would love to send a bra for her, as I feel completely useless and I want to help in any way I can.
She has not had an implant, and is currently going through Chemotherapy.
Are there any bras which are 'better' than others? What do I need to be aware of before buying one?
All advice appreciated.
Old 13 Jun 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
Please forgive my ignorance, but can anyone advise me on Masectomy bras.
My niece has undergone a Masectomy (Right side only). She lives in India and does not have access to post surgery bras etc. I would love to send a bra for her, as I feel completely useless and I want to help in any way I can.
She has not had an implant, and is currently going through Chemotherapy.
Are there any bras which are 'better' than others? What do I need to be aware of before buying one?
All advice appreciated.
I have 3 if you’d like them? They are nude 36B in size from M&S. they are pretty expensive to buy although in the U.K. they are subsidised but since your niece is in India they may not be?

PM me with your address if you’d like them I don’t want anything for them.

They are nearly new or not even worn I don’t think. They were my mums which we sadly lost last year and I couldn’t bring myself to throw them out as they are in such good condition and probably not appropriate for the charity shop?

Kat x
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just to add a picture. They are all the same. Lovely and soft with no underwire.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I have 3 if you’d like them? They are nude 36B in size from M&S. they are pretty expensive to buy although in the U.K. they are subsidised but since your niece is in India they may not be?

PM me with your address if you’d like them I don’t want anything for them.

They are nearly new or not even worn I don’t think. They were my mums which we sadly lost last year and I couldn’t bring myself to throw them out as they are in such good condition and probably not appropriate for the charity shop?

Kat x
Thank you Kat xxx - that is so sweet of you, I will PM you my address.
So sorry for the loss of your Mum - I know only too well how hard it is to let go of clothes etc - I lost my Dad 2 years ago and I still have his jumpers in my wardrobe.
Please know that the bras will be very much appreciated and I am sure your Mum will be smiling down on you for your thoughtful gesture xxxx
Old 13 Jun 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Thank you Kat xxx - that is so sweet of you, I will PM you my address.
So sorry for the loss of your Mum - I know only too well how hard it is to let go of clothes etc - I lost my Dad 2 years ago and I still have his jumpers in my wardrobe.
Please know that the bras will be very much appreciated and I am sure your Mum will be smiling down on you for your thoughtful gesture xxxx
No problem. It is true it difficult to part with things from lost family. I miss mum everyday but I am so pleased that these bras will go to help your niece. It’s something people don’t really think about but for a lady going through the mastectomy and treatment process they are very important to get right.

I’ll get those packed up and posted for you.

I wish your niece all the best. 💜

Kat xx
Old 13 Jun 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

This nearly made me cry.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
No problem. It is true it difficult to part with things from lost family. I miss mum everyday but I am so pleased that these bras will go to help your niece. It’s something people don’t really think about but for a lady going through the mastectomy and treatment process they are very important to get right.

I’ll get those packed up and posted for you.

I wish your niece all the best. 💜

Kat xx

Just to let you know I’ve posted the bras out this morning. Let me know when they arrive.

I hope in some small way they will help in easing one of the disappointing side effects of having to have a mastectomy.

Send my love to India for me.

Kat x
Old 14 Jun 22, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you Kat xxx
I will certainly drop you a message once they arrive and they will be so appreciated over in India.

A bit of background on my niece... she is in her early 40's, and is a mother to two (girl aged 11 & boy aged 19) - approx 15 years ago, she discovered a tumor in her leg (bone) and sadly she had to have an amputation just above her knee, followed by a course of heavy chemotherapy. But she is so brave and resilient, she was able to move on with life. They don't have much but she lived a happy life until sadly earlier this year when she discovered a lump in her breast. Following consultations with doctors it was thought the best course of treatment would be a mastectomy and again a course of chemotherapy. As you can imagine everyone is still scared an worried, but my niece is battling through it all.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and lets all hope one day we can hit cancer where it hurts and wipe it out.
Old 14 Jun 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Thank you Kat xxx
I will certainly drop you a message once they arrive and they will be so appreciated over in India.

A bit of background on my niece... she is in her early 40's, and is a mother to two (girl aged 11 & boy aged 19) - approx 15 years ago, she discovered a tumor in her leg (bone) and sadly she had to have an amputation just above her knee, followed by a course of heavy chemotherapy. But she is so brave and resilient, she was able to move on with life. They don't have much but she lived a happy life until sadly earlier this year when she discovered a lump in her breast. Following consultations with doctors it was thought the best course of treatment would be a mastectomy and again a course of chemotherapy. As you can imagine everyone is still scared an worried, but my niece is battling through it all.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and lets all hope one day we can hit cancer where it hurts and wipe it out.
Oh she does sound like a very brave lady! Thank you for the background, all she can is plough on and do as the doctors ask. Cancer (I hate that word) is a blight on humanity and the sooner we kick it into touch the better.

Lots of love and luck to your niece and her family. Xxx

Kat x
Old 14 Jun 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The dibb at its best. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List