Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Putting off holidays

I’m lucky to be back from Orlando only a few weeks and am thinking of booking a med cruise for September/October but I’m so hesitant 🙈 I think the whole airport/ flying situation plus testing is making it not worth the hassle 🙈 just don’t know wether just to leave it this year and save the money and stress or just go for it 🙈 any wise words 🤣
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I am off flying since DH went back to his village in Italy , came home on the 10th and brought the lovely Covid with him! He managed to pass it on to DS1 and myself, and we are all feeling very rough! .

Over 2 years we managed to avoid it, and to top it off he didnt really enjoy his weeks break due to
a Too hot
b Getting hit with a 800 euro bill the Govt have now decided to charge 2nd home owners
c Think he was a tad lonely

Think I might have a staycation this summer xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
I am off flying since DH went back to his village in Italy , came home on the 10th and brought the lovely Covid with him! He managed to pass it on to DS1 and myself, and we are all feeling very rough! .

Over 2 years we managed to avoid it, and to top it off he didnt really enjoy his weeks break due to
a Too hot
b Getting hit with a 800 euro bill the Govt have now decided to charge 2nd home owners
c Think he was a tad lonely

Think I might have a staycation this summer xx
Aww sorry to hear this hope you all start to feel better soon xx
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am hesitating booking flights too. I’m not really worried about testing it’s the cancellations that worry me. have a cruise from Southampton in September but I just don’t think I want to chance taking a flight out to a cruise this summer. I would love to holiday in the U.K. but it is just too expensive to book anywhere.

Would you consider a cruise from Southampton ? Testing is still required but the cruise lines do have good covid cancellation policies.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I think it’s always a gamble that something could go wrong but hopefully by September with kids in schools and perhaps less travellers, things will have stabilised. Maybe look at what airlines are being impacted more and then avoid those ones. My friend went to Brussels and back from Glasgow last week no problem with Ryan air. I hope you enjoy it you do decide to book.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I am hesitating booking flights too. I’m not really worried about testing it’s the cancellations that worry me. have a cruise from Southampton in September but I just don’t think I want to chance taking a flight out to a cruise this summer. I would love to holiday in the U.K. but it is just too expensive to book anywhere.

Would you consider a cruise from Southampton ? Testing is still required but the cruise lines do have good covid cancellation policies.
Yeah Southampton would be first choice we have to come from Northern Ireland so it’s flight cancellations that would worry me plus need an accessible cabin that’s just another hurdle 🙈
Old 18 Jun 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Apart from Cruises I really can’t see what the issue or worry is with flights and overseas holidays. Tests, rules, policies, procedures, costs, timetable changes, currency rates, accommodation availability, car rental prices etc are all things to be looked at and dealt with.

With testing now gone there is no issue in my view.

However I accept others may not agree with my stance.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I felt that way last week as we were due to go to Spain on the Saturday- kept worrying about flight , about getting covid before and just wished I booked somewhere here . It was all fine , I was glad I went and am now looking forward to Greece in August .
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally I world never put off a holiday something like Covid then yes of course but nothing else live for today not for tomorrow. If you put off a holiday then something else might happen go while you can yes there problems but they be sorted.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Personally I world never put off a holiday something like Covid then yes of course but nothing else live for today not for tomorrow. If you put off a holiday then something else might happen go while you can yes there problems but they be sorted.
Can I just clarify that I too wouldn’t cancel because of covid. I have holidayed, when allowed, right through the pandemic. We have probably had more holidays than normal because of good prices. It is airline cancellations that worry me. We have friends whose holiday was cancelled on the day.
We would be going on a cruise and if the flight is delayed or cancelled then that ship will have left port !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List