Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jun 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Day 4 Magic Kingdom

I have no notes from today onwards so have just made Mark go through his photos and tell me the time stamps on each one in an attempt to recreate our day 😂 so if something doesn’t make sense, just go with it!

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom rope drop and extended evening hours

Magic Kingdom, my favourite 😍 I was so excited to get back here after we popped in on travel day.

It was our last planned rope drop, I like to rope drop every park on our first few days - but early entry didn’t start until 8.30am so this was still a relaxed start compared to our other ones. Plus we could just hop on the monorail from the Polynesian, that really made going to MK so easy.

I’d read that rope drop at MK was crackers because it didn’t open early enough to scare people off - so our plan was to get some photos and just soak up the morning atmosphere at my favourite park.
We arrived at 8.02am (thanks photo time stamp!)

The 50th anniversary golden statues are cute so we got lots of photos of them and that beautiful castle

So dreamy. After the photo spree, I thought it was time to hit some rides…but I’d got timings wrong and we actually ended up right in the middle of the mob to rope drop Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! Oops! Got a different angle of the castle while stuck in the crowd though so it was worth it.

We still didn’t bother rushing for 7 dwarves, despite being crammed in with all that humanity, as we’d bought a lightening lane, and instead headed for Winnie the Pooh…you’ll be shocked to read that we walked straight on 😂

Mark was wearing his Sword in the Stone t-shirt so you know what we did next…

Sadly, no future kings there.

We then rode It’s a Small World and visited the prettiest toilets in all the land

Then it was time for Heath’s first go on Haunted Mansion. He was too scared on our last trip, bless him!

You can see he still wasn’t completely convinced!

It was just coming up to 9.30am by now so we decided to grab some breakfast. We went for the fruit and Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow

This was $9.04 including tax.

It had been a few minutes since I’d gazed upon the castle so it was obviously time for more photos and a little walk through to look at the murals

And we spotted more golden statues

It was time for our Seven Dwarfs ILL now, this cost $31.95 for the three of us, including tax. Only Heath had a new magic band and he was sitting with Mark so their photo came through but mine didn’t - you might just be able to see my pasty legs behind them 😄

Next we rode the wildest ride in the wilderness, Big Thunder Mountain - one of our all time favs

We didn’t bother with other rides as we were coming back for extended evening hours later.

It had been a couple of hours since breakfast so must be snack time. I went for the spring rolls in Adventureland - I had a cheeseburger one and a 50th anniversary pastrami. $9.50 for two.

Heath went for a strawberry dole whip float with strawberry Fanta from Sunshine Tree, $6.38

We decided to head back to the pool after we’d eaten. We wanted to rest before coming back that night. It was boiling at this point so we needed to get in the water and cool off.

Some friends waved us off as we left

We were on the boat back to the Poly at 1207 (thanks again time stamp!)

We stopped in at Captain Cook’s, the Poly’s quick serve, for lunch and more vegetables were eaten

You can see why I don’t do a food report right?! Lol!
Loved these posters in the restaurant

Then it was time for the pool and some cocktails

I also tried the fried wontons chips

Highly recommend, they were amazing! I had some left so closed the box and left it on my lounger…came back to find a completely empty box and realised the birds have learned how to get into the closed containers! Very impressive.

There was a pool party for the kids at 3pm each day, Heath loved it - think this was a race for each team to fill a bucket

We headed back to MK for the evening at around 7pm and had a good selection of rides booked

We grabbed a Starbucks as we got back into the park and headed for another new to us attraction, the Hall of Presidents

Heath really enjoyed this! He’s decided he wants to live in America so is quite partial to a bit of their patriotism 😄

It was then time for us to use our genie+ passes for Pirates, Splash and Big Thunder

Splash was down so we had another go on Big Thunder

We made our way across to the other side of the park now, enjoying the cooler evening and pretty lights

We took a spin on Speedway - I hate this ride. It’s noisy, smelly and I got stuck behind a very slow driver!

We decided to watch the fireworks from the People Mover as we didn’t fancy fighting the crowds for a better view tonight.

I grabbed a genie+ for Space Mountain but neither of the boys wanted to join me

Then it was time to defeat Zurg

We grabbed a genie+ for Haunted Mansion - Heath was slightly happier on it this time

It had ticked over into the extended evening hours now so we just had a little walk around, enjoying the park

We rode the Voyage of the Little Mermaid before noticing that the queue for 7 Dwarfs was pretty small - we walked straight on!

We were all exhausted by now so decided to head out - but not before more photos!

Poor Heath was passed out on the bed at 12.23am, after another amazing day!

Tomorrow, it’s Epcot, Topolino’s Terrace and Hollywood Studios - because who needs rest on a Disney holiday?! 😂
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Loving your report so far! Thanks for sharing!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Loving your report so far! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading and commenting!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day and great photos

Joan
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Brilliant day and great photos

Joan
I could wallpaper the whole house in castle photos 😂 thanks Joan
Old 25 Jun 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The castle photos are adorable and I also love the gold statues, so cute! Heath didn't look too keen on his first time round on Haunted Mansion, I'm glad he was a bit happier next time. The stacking and evening hours worked well and you managed to do a walk on of Mine Train, that is good to know as I don't plan on buying any ILL, just using Genie+ and the extra evening hours at MK and Epcot.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The castle photos are adorable and I also love the gold statues, so cute! Heath didn't look too keen on his first time round on Haunted Mansion, I'm glad he was a bit happier next time. The stacking and evening hours worked well and you managed to do a walk on of Mine Train, that is good to know as I don't plan on buying any ILL, just using Genie+ and the extra evening hours at MK and Epcot.
Little spoiler alert for our next EEH…we queued for half an hour for mine train that time…but still better than the giant queues during the day!

I liked having the ILL option when we were feeling lazy, but you definitely don’t need them with early entry, evening hours and genie+