Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 May 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
akela6
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1

We getting married on 15th October 2022 then fly on the 17th October to Florida for 3 weeks. Staying in a dibb villa. Hubby to be never been so hes very excited and im excited to show him what makes us always return. Plus exciting for the wedding too.

So good to follow other dibbers plans
Old 18 May 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fiona88 View Post
Hi!
Vegas and NY honeymoon sounds amazing
We get married in just under 2 weeks, we also have dark green in the theme, loose 'travel/adventure' theme at a barn/glamping site venue for the weekend then off to orlando for 3 weeks, we were last there in 2017 so there'll be a few changes.
Oooh exciting times, how many guests do you have coming?

A travel theme sounds lovely, how are you incorporating that? X
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by akela6 View Post

We getting married on 15th October 2022 then fly on the 17th October to Florida for 3 weeks. Staying in a dibb villa. Hubby to be never been so hes very excited and im excited to show him what makes us always return. Plus exciting for the wedding too.

So good to follow other dibbers plans
Aww 15th October is our anniversary 😊

What type of wedding are you having?

I'm so jealous you're going for 3 weeks! I only get 15 days a year annual leave so no way we could do that! X
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
akela6
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1

I am a widow and my fiancé has been married before but thats not stopping us
Wedding for 80 guests at the Riverside Centre, then sit down at the local Rugby Club. The theme is Disney - am lucky my sister is creative and we doing diy decorations. I have a mermaid dress - not what i had in my head as i had a single mastectomy last year and thought it wouldn't suit but i love it. I have some converse from Esty with mickey mouse on and the date. Other half has ordered Disney waistcoats from us. Cake has mickey head balloons going up the side with castle centerpiece. So excited. I am so lucky my boss had allowed me all the time off.
15th appears to be a lucky date - Good Luck to everyone getting married this year x
Old 26 May 22, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Getting married on the 3rd June in Prague.
Honeymoon isn't until September due to work constraint s - going to New Orleans, Nashville and Charlotte
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots of 2022 Brides. Everyone's plans sound great

We get married on September 21st at Auberge du Soleil in the Napa Valley, California. Our colour scheme is blush pink, sage green and gold.

Since our wedding was moved from 2021 and we had already booked our honeymoon which involved a lot of different bookings, we ended up having our honeymoon before the wedding and have just got back from the most amazing trip.
We flew to Vancouver for 2 nights at the Pan Pacific, did the 7 night Alaska Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Disney's first Alaska cruise in 2 years), flew to Hawaii for 3 nights at Aulani and then spent the last 2 nights at Disneyland California. It was a dream trip.

Our wedding trip will be 3 weeks visiting San Francisco, Napa, Monterey, a 4 night cruise to Mexico and then ending with a week in a lovely villa near Disneyland.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

We are getting married at Disney Springs in August on the Paddleboat!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our daughter is getting married this Thursday at Allington castle near Maidstone Kent. Should have been two years ago.

Allington castle is privately owned and so beautiful. Our daughter is having Beauty and the Beast Theme. The Groom has made blue roses in a dome for the tables, and have a Beauty and the Beast glass bell display to drop signed wooden petals in. Flower girls are dropping blue dried rose petals.

Getting so excited now.

Both of us bought our outfits in Florida. Melvin got a suit from Men's Warehouse near the Loop and my outfit was from Macy's

We wish everyone a lovely wedding and honeymoon

Lesley and Melvin
Old 30 Jun 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 80skid View Post
Oooh exciting times, how many guests do you have coming?

A travel theme sounds lovely, how are you incorporating that? X

Sorry I realised I never replied to this, it's all over now we had around 90 daytime, upped to 120 in the evening, we had about 30 staying on site with more close family and friends coming back on the Sunday for a chill out day, the whole thing was just perfect. Everyone said how different it was.
For the theme we had pictures from our various holidays as backgrounds in the invites and on the welcome sign / seating chart. Then each table was named after a location we'd been to, with a photo of us at that place as the table card. We used ordinance survey maps punched into leaves as table confetti and rolled to make cones for the throwing confetti, and some little wooden planes/passports/compasses scattered on the tables.
However, my now wife infiltrated with little gold dinosaurs so it became a weirdly mixed theme

How is your prep going?
Old 14 Jul 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Araks
A Guest at All-Stars

I will get married at the end of September. After that, a vacation in the Philippines awaits me
Araks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List