Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Jul 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

Hertz Toll Pass - Miami Pick Up

It's been a few years since flying to Miami and the automatic tolls were not there last time I drove.

Trying to get my head around the Hertz process for tolls, Andy sent me some details just want to get my interpretation correct. if I'm right it's $5.95 fee per usage day plus tolls, with no maximum charge, but am I right in thinking you only get the usage fee on days you use the tolls?

Any help gratefully appreciated
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Yes that what per usage day means. You get charged the $5.95 (plus tolls) for every day that you go through (use) a toll.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
J4ckSkellington
Earning More Ears

Brilliant thank you so much.

I dont think you can even opt out, but it's worth it anyway.

Had a few toll fines in the past, but I think my best was reversing a car in bay in Miami rather than driving in. Me and car hire doesn't mix well!
Jun 06 Quality Inn Plaza Nov 08 Holiday Inn International Drive Nov 09 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas Nov 10 Orange Tree Villa Nov 12 Orange Tree Villa Nov 13 Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld Nov 14 Art of Animation Nov 16 Calabay Parc Villa Nov 17 Hotel Cheyenne Feb 18 Rosen Centre Nov 19 Calabay Parc Villa Aug 22 Dockside Inn and Suites
J4ckSkellington is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by J4ckSkellington View Post
Brilliant thank you so much.

I dont think you can even opt out, but it's worth it anyway.

Had a few toll fines in the past, but I think my best was reversing a car in bay in Miami rather than driving in. Me and car hire doesn't mix well!
You can’t get fined with the toll pass.
I’d never opt out so long as it’s with the ones that charge per usage day or have a low cap.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Softy says there's no such thing as a toll "fine.

The options available are to pay cash (except on the Turnpike and a few others), or just drive through without stopping and you will automatically engage "toll by plate" or buy a Sunpass Pro transponder from CVS, Walgreens and Publix. You can't actually "opt out" of "toll by plate" unless you pay cash or use a transponder. I don't believe that Hertz have an inclusive toll deal like Avis, Budget and Dollar do.

Sadly Hertz's "toll by plate" scheme doesn't have a cap and you'll pay the admin fee every day you use a toll. Unlike Alamo and Avis for instance who do have a cap,

Mick

Edited at 12:28 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS

Always worth noting that if you park kerbside on a public highway you should in most places park in the direction of travel IYKWIM

Not so important in the likes of a Walmart car park where you can park as you like - and regularly drive against the direction arrows

Mick