Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jul 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I did a day by day trip report of my experiences using Genie+, there is a link to it in my signature. I found stacking worked really well for Hollywood Studios and I was able to book a couple of things in other parks, but really couldn’t stack too much due to the availabilities. But of course this is going to vary according to how busy the parks are anyway.

When I was stacking, I spent the morning chilling out having resort time. “Filler” parks are not a thing for me, lot of people say you don’t need Genie+ in EPCOT or Animal Kingdom, I don’t agree, I found they had really long queues on all the rides. I suppose you could stack during a morning of World Showcase.
Thanks Claudette, I will read your trip report! You sound more my speed as I prefer to have pool time in the morning and hit the parks in the evening/night. It's just my partner and I and we're in our 30s/40s.
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
I am not staying on site and any day I have booked genie plus I have been able to book from 7am

You can stack them in the one park if you want to.. just some parks seem to run out of LL quicker than others so to get the most of your spend on genie plus better to book rides in a different park and make most of $ you have paid for it
Oooo that’s fortunate, I wonder what the benefit of staying on site is I wonder if it’s now opened up to all? Or maybe you’ve just gone under the radar? That’s lucky.
Sounds like you have quickly got the hang of Genie+ 🙂 Hope it’s ok, I’m quite nervous about it all.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
Oooo that’s fortunate, I wonder what the benefit of staying on site is I wonder if it’s now opened up to all? Or maybe you’ve just gone under the radar? That’s lucky.
Sounds like you have quickly got the hang of Genie+ 🙂 Hope it’s ok, I’m quite nervous about it all.

Anyone can get genie plus from 7am whether on or off site- its the Individual Lightning lanes (aka the ones you pay for) which are restricted to those staying onsite at 7am. Everyone else can buy them when the park officially opens.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

I found stacking worked best if you literally just concentrated on the second park of the day if park hopping, so you could plan to go to the first park at opening and do a few rides just via standby but right from 7am start working on a stack for the second park and get in there around 4pm with at least 4 rides stacked.
You have to decide if you’re going for a few E-ticket rides and accept you’re going to only manage 3 or 4 in the day or use it for lesser rides but still get good value in terms of queue bypassing e.g. in MK you could easily do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small world, Pooh, Dumbo, Ariel, Speedway in one sitting, bypassing hours of waiting.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
It’s not lucky, not new and they didn’t go under the radar. Genie+ lightening lanes have always been bookable by both onsite and offsite guests at 7am.

To your question though, not a lot of benefit of staying onsite these days. And I say that as someone who chooses to stay onsite as we don’t drive and it is more convenient.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Anyone can get genie plus from 7am whether on or off site- its the Individual Lightning lanes (aka the ones you pay for) which are restricted to those staying onsite at 7am. Everyone else can buy them when the park officially opens.
Ahh yes of course, I thought things had changed again, apologies, my brains a bit fogged. 🤦🏼 Thanks
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It’s not lucky, not new and they didn’t go under the radar. Genie+ lightening lanes have always been bookable by both onsite and offsite guests at 7am.

To your question though, not a lot of benefit of staying onsite these days. And I say that as someone who chooses to stay onsite as we don’t drive and it is more convenient.
I understand now, thanks. My apologies.
Old 3 Jul 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Following this as I need to get my head around this
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
Following this as I need to get my head around this
So do i as we are off in 5 weeks

To be honest i'm not liking what i'm reading 'stacking' 'hopping' etc

I'll spend all day looking at my phone!
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As long as you get your head around the basics, and have in mind what rides you will need to book first, the rest generally falls into place when you are there.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List