Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jul 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The 3 week Sept extravaganza – which turned into a 2 week trip in June with a cruise! Travel Day

Sat 11th June

Alarm set for 0615, we got ourselves ready and walked to T3 via the walkway having done express check out (our room was free with Hilton points so nothing to pay).

Check in was easy as we had done fly ready; we did have to wait a few minutes but no big issue.

Although a man in the queue behind us (I think a Gold member flying PE) moaned and went back to the PE queue because it was taking too long! I might have been slightly pleased that we were sorted out before him.

With our bags gone we headed to the Virgin security; much quieter than the main area although there was a short queue for this too.

Once through security we headed to the clubhouse where it was quite quiet on arrival.

We both had a full English breakfast plus I had a fruit salad, we also had tea and coffee. We were repeatedly offered champagne and there was much surprise when we politely declined as neither of us really drink alcohol.

After breakfast I had a second coffee and we both had water plus I think Rob had a cookie. It was much quieter here and a nice start to the day and even if not flying Upper Class I might well consider a paid lounge on future trips.

We headed to the gate where there was a short queue but we boarded quickly, we were offered more drinks, and unsurprisingly we both stuck to water.

There was apparently a bit of a kerfuffle whilst I was in the restroom - there was a couple with a young baby who was upset and another passenger was apparently annoyed.

Rob says there was a brief confrontation where the one guy told the other to stop looking at his wife and child and then some seat shuffling (the UC cabin was full but there were other family members on board so they were moved around to get the man away from the baby (shocked emoji)

In other news Toff from ‘Made In Chelsea / I’m a Celebrity’ was on our flight and sat across from me in the aisle, I didn’t bother her so no pics but we later discovered she was in Disney doing some TV work for This Morning.

We had a pack of little pretzels plus drink service and then at about 1300 they started serving lunch.

Warm rolls were delivered ahead of the main meals along with our tables being set up with table cloths etc. It’s definitely a different experience than in economy where you get a tray handed to you!

I had pre-ordered pork meatballs (which I assumed effectively meant spaghetti bolognaise and it was pretty similar). This was pretty good, could have done with slightly more sauce.

Rob had breaded chicken and said it was good, his only criticism was that the bread coating could have been a bit crispier.

We both had the passion fruit and chocolate dome for dessert and I then had the cheese and biscuits (and forgot a photo)!

We slept for a couple of hours, Rob took full advantage of the bed feature whereas I just stretched out and put my feet up.

I watched West Side Story and then afternoon tea arrived not long before landing. I had scones and Rob chose the pulled pork; both were good – the scone was huge!

We landed on time and as usual walked into immigration to see a massive queue, this is the worst part about Orlando airport for me and if we hadn’t had reward flights would have chosen any other airline into any other airport to avoid it.

We think 2 or 3 flights had landed just ahead of us and they had very few immigration officers so it took 1 hr 15 to get through (sad face)

At least our bags were waiting so we collected them and mono-railed across. We went to Budget car hire and luckily there was not too long a wait. We collected our visitor toll pass and oddly had to go back to B side to get our car.

We had barely left the airport and were driving toward Boardwalk and some woman almost crashed into the side of us! Luckily Rob spotted her and took avoiding action.

Arrived safely at Boardwalk and headed straight to our room, used phone to open up as annoyingly our magic bands didn’t work (we had done mobile check in).

Next job was to find food, pizza on the Boardwalk was an hour wait so that was a big no, we walked around to Yacht/Beach and ended up at Hurricane Hanna’s where we got lukewarm burgers which were ok but not the best.

We walked back to Boardwalk and watched a little of HGTV until we couldn’t stay awake any longer.

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good travel day shame about the evening meal after your lovely breakfast and lunch .

Joan
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
A rare occasion where the plane food (and lounge food) was better then food on arrival in Florida

Should have gone to Disney Springs and got an Earl of Sandwich but we were too lazy!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
Great start. Looking forward to the rest.🙂
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Jess
Proud to wear my Ears

Great travel day, even with the immigration queue! I love your backpack too!
Disney_Jess is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney_Jess View Post
Great travel day, even with the immigration queue! I love your backpack too!
The queue was awful, I always feel so bad for all the families - because as bad as it is for 2 adults it's so much worse for the kids.

And thanks - the backpack was a gift but it was great especially as I carry 2 sets of glasses with me everywhere...so much room
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to following along. Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great travel day, a bit weird with the guys on the plane, but it all seemed to get sorted out. Thanks for posting all the room pics of Boardwalk, I'm so excited for our stay there this summer. A pain about the pizza window being a long wait and then your lacklustre burgers. I can never be bothered with the trek to Disney Springs on travel day, I'm amazed that people have the energy for it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great travel day, a bit weird with the guys on the plane, but it all seemed to get sorted out. Thanks for posting all the room pics of Boardwalk, I'm so excited for our stay there this summer. A pain about the pizza window being a long wait and then your lacklustre burgers. I can never be bothered with the trek to Disney Springs on travel day, I'm amazed that people have the energy for it.
Yeah, we liked the Boardwalk room. Shame about the food options, definitely not my favourite resort just because of that.