Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jul 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

It was late when we got there but definitely Alamo and Enterprise and another. Didn't see any other desks but we were two hours later than we should have been. Outside cabin was in car park as we only discovered the size of the car they had allocated when we got to the car space. We have some kind of Jeep so apologies if that's nor a full size SUV. It was very late when we got it last night. I'll check the model later.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyDisney View Post
It was late when we got there but definitely Alamo and Enterprise and another. Didn't see any other desks but we were two hours later than we should have been. Outside cabin was in car park as we only discovered the size of the car they had allocated when we got to the car space. We have some kind of Jeep so apologies if that's nor a full size SUV. It was very late when we got it last night. I'll check the model later.
Thank you!
Sounds like a win either way.
Have a fantastic holiday.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyDisney View Post
Nice one FamilyDisney.

Sounds like the outside cabin is a new addition then.

Was you on the Manchester flight?

I'm flying in on the 17th.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

We were on TOM 178 Man to Mlb. Delayed two hours as not cleaned or catered on time. Anyway we are here currently melting in the late afternoon heat trying to understand baseball.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

I booked flight only with tui, car with Alamo separately, arrived here on 25th June, Alamo & enterprise & one other car hire was inside the terminal
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
whelley wigan
Excited about Disney

Promised to update now we're here. Ordered a full size SUV via Alamo / Andy DFCH from Melbourne. Picked up the cases and security within minutes. Quickly to the Alamo checkin desk. The lady behind the counter said I had a choice of an Nissan Armada or a Nissan Armada. No others available unfortunately. However there were wooden boxes on the desk full of keys and she said she'd pick the nicest spec one for me as I really wanted something American. Still got an Armada but the SL spec so lots of equipment - still looks like a tank though! :0)
Old 8 Jul 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by whelley wigan View Post
Promised to update now we're here. Ordered a full size SUV via Alamo / Andy DFCH from Melbourne. Picked up the cases and security within minutes. Quickly to the Alamo checkin desk. The lady behind the counter said I had a choice of an Nissan Armada or a Nissan Armada. No others available unfortunately. However there were wooden boxes on the desk full of keys and she said she'd pick the nicest spec one for me as I really wanted something American. Still got an Armada but the SL spec so lots of equipment - still looks like a tank though! :0)
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated. I’m expecting same when I land in a couple of weeks.

Do you know if the Armada is the new 2021 model? Also what kind of mileage did it have.

Oh. And have a great holiday!
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
whelley wigan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated. I’m expecting same when I land in a couple of weeks.

Do you know if the Armada is the new 2021 model? Also what kind of mileage did it have.

Oh. And have a great holiday!
Cheers!

Yes it's got Jan 21 stamped on the VIN sticker on the drivers door pillar. Covered 30k. Drives well enough with the V8 engine and is in pretty good condition given the mileage and the fact its a hire car. .
Old 8 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Cheers!

Yes it's got Jan 21 stamped on the VIN sticker on the drivers door pillar. Covered 30k. Drives well enough with the V8 engine and is in pretty good condition given the mileage and the fact its a hire car. .
Cool. I did have a look at a few YouTube vids of the new Armada (sad, I know) and it does look much nicer than the older models.
Old 9 Jul 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Great update Whelley, are you a pie eater by the way?
I’m from Ashton.
Flying into MLB next Sunday and have a Full Size SUV with Alamo.
How many seats does the Armada have?

Edited at 10:54 AM.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List