Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
slightly serious Dibber

New Apple Phone?

I thought Iíd post here to see what people think!

I currently have the iPhone 11 Pro and was thinking of upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro for when we go in August. The only reason being is my battery isnít as good as it used to be and with MDE I thought it would be better. We have Genie+ and also will be getting DAS so itís a lot of phone time.

Iíve seen theyíre launching the 14 in a few months so itís the worst time to buy! I have a power bank too so Iím guessing if theyíre both charged everyday thatís should be sufficient?

I donít particularly need to upgrade at this time and it was purely only for the holiday. So is it worth just saving my money and not bother?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Iíd save your money for the holiday. Iíve just upgraded to the 13 Pro Max for the same reason but my old one was a 7 plus and the battery didnít last to lunchtime. Donít think thereís too much difference between 11 and 13 but if youíre really concerned about the battery theyíre only £50 from Apple.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Very Serious Dibber

I agree with Twiggy, save your money for your trip. I went from the 11 pro to the 13 pros and there really isnít that much difference. If anything, wait until they announce the new iPhone, should be some time in late Sept early Oct.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
I agree with Twiggy, save your money for your trip. I went from the 11 pro to the 13 pros and there really isnít that much difference. If anything, wait until they announce the new iPhone, should be some time in late Sept early Oct.
It was the new 14 rumoured designs which stopped me from going to buy one. Iím going to just use my power bank and wait I think. Makes such a difference as that money will cover so much away.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DDad
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Iíd save your money for the holiday. Iíve just upgraded to the 13 Pro Max for the same reason but my old one was a 7 plus and the battery didnít last to lunchtime. Donít think thereís too much difference between 11 and 13 but if youíre really concerned about the battery theyíre only £50 from Apple.
I upgraded from the 11 Pro Max to the 13 version and I can say I wish I didn't.

Absolutely no difference.
DDad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I upgraded to iPhone 13 ahead of my trip as I was worried about the old one, I am so glad I did it Ö but I was on iPhone 5. No I would not change from 11 to 13, that seems unnecessary to me.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The camera sensor on the 13 pro and the ability to take RAW images not JPG is what gets it for me. Though we have found the camera actually to be better in the 12 pro max than the 13 pro max. I currently have a 12 and wish I had for the pro max but mine does not need upgrading yet
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
Imagineer

Iím waiting to after my holiday to upgradeÖneed the money for my holiday.
Old 7 Jul 22, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Does this tempt?

giffgaff/mobile-phon...ivized-handset
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
VIP Dibber

Have you thought about getting Apple to replace the battery, way cheaper than a new phone.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List