Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WriterofHorror
Getting to know the DIBB

Confused over Covid paperwork

Hi everyone. We are finally going back in a few weeks after having to reschedule 4 times since 2020. I am desperately trying to make sure I understand all the current requirements for travel. We fly with VA from Heathrow.
Hubby and I are triple vaxxed AND have the NHS pass with printed paperwork.
DD (12) is double vaxxed - do I need the NHS pass paperwork for her too?
Do we still fill in the online form with VA?
We will self test at home before we go and take tests to do just as a precaution as I know we are not required to show a negative test now but is there anything else we NEED to be able to travel, Covid/vaccine related?
The online advice just seems so confusing.
Thanks in advance for any help, I've emailed my travel agent but I know they must be super busy.
Of course I am also worried about Heathrow and luggage and everything else but those things are out of my control.
Take care everyone.
WriterofHorror is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

I am taking all of our passes, my daughter has not had the booster but double jabbed, its on our phones but i have also printed copied (just in case)
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WriterofHorror
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Toria View Post
I am taking all of our passes, my daughter has not had the booster but double jabbed, its on our phones but i have also printed copied (just in case)
Have you got the NHS app/pass/paperwork for your daughter, too? I thought it wasn't necessary for under 16 but now I need to be sure! Thank you.
WriterofHorror is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
casper_gutman
Helping Minnie

Under 18s (aged 17 years and under) aren't required to be vaccinated for travel so don't have to have vaccine pass paperwork. However, if they are fully vaccinated (i.e., for the US, if they've had two doses) then this may make a couple of minor things easier as I understand it.

For instance, there will be no requirement (however weakly enforced) for them to take a test on days 3-5 after arrival. Having proof of vaccination status may also make online check-in possible where otherwise any group including an unvaccinated minor would have to check in in person at the airport.

Older children age 12+ can use the online COVID pass system. Younger children must apply for a letter which is valid for six months. See here:
nhs.uk/conditions/corona...hs-covid-pass/

Edited at 05:49 AM.
casper_gutman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List