Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
So pleased to hear you made it - have a great holiday.
It turned out a brilliant travel day, thanks again for the Manchester Aer Lingus suggestion.
Old 4 Jul 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
It turned out a brilliant travel day, thanks again for the Manchester Aer Lingus suggestion.
So pleased everything worked out well for you 👍
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Well we have finally made it to Florida 🎉🎉🎉 For those thinking of the Inverness Manchester route be prepared for nerve of steel. We had to wait 50 mins for our luggage this morning and loganair would not check us right through so had just under 2hrs to run from terminal 3 to 2 recheck in and clear security we never even had time for a pre departure drink 🤦😫 All being good at mco tho picked car hire up 40mins after landing.

I hope everyone enjoys there holiday when they eventually get !
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
Well we have finally made it to Florida 🎉🎉🎉 For those thinking of the Inverness Manchester route be prepared for nerve of steel. We had to wait 50 mins for our luggage this morning and loganair would not check us right through so had just under 2hrs to run from terminal 3 to 2 recheck in and clear security we never even had time for a pre departure drink 🤦😫 All being good at mco tho picked car hire up 40mins after landing.

Have a super time! We're about to start our journey over to Miami in a few hours. 40 mins out of MCO is impressive!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6

Glad it all worked out. Now you can relax.
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
This morning GLA-LGW-MCO.
Wee but busy in Glasgow but this is to be expected with it being the summer holidays.
We were another case of BA wouldn’t recognise Verifly. This wasn’t an issue. Showed the guy at check in our passes and we were up through security. Again, a little busy but moved swiftly. The plane departed just before 7 and landed on/ahead of schedule.
Now the one I timed for you all! Entered the security queue at Gatwick at 8.33am. The boy left his phone in his pocket so he was pulled over for a pat down. Including this and a check of our bags we were out in 29 minutes. All in all, I’d say times were fine. Waiting to take off just now but everyone is on board. Lord knows what customs is going to be like… 🙈
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
This morning GLA-LGW-MCO.
Wee but busy in Glasgow but this is to be expected with it being the summer holidays.
We were another case of BA wouldn’t recognise Verifly. This wasn’t an issue. Showed the guy at check in our passes and we were up through security. Again, a little busy but moved swiftly. The plane departed just before 7 and landed on/ahead of schedule.
Now the one I timed for you all! Entered the security queue at Gatwick at 8.33am. The boy left his phone in his pocket so he was pulled over for a pat down. Including this and a check of our bags we were out in 29 minutes. All in all, I’d say times were fine. Waiting to take off just now but everyone is on board. Lord knows what customs is going to be like… 🙈
Glad you are on the way.
What rough time did it take you to get through Glasgow security?
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Oh I never thought of looking INV-Manchester.

We fly 2 weeks tomorrow from Aberdeen but have night in LHR before Orlando flight. We have already had 2 Aberdeen cancellations and changes and since weekend all Wed flights been removed.

Putting plans in place to throw at BA worst case so

Plan A was change to Inverness flights to LHR on Wed but flight looking full.

Plan B
Aberdeen/Manchester/Dublin/MCO or direct to MCO from Manchester.

Plan C we could request your route!

Plan D try get easyJet flights and claim back

Plan E train (last resort &#129315

Enjoy your very well deserved holiday!

Can I ask if like Disney44 if your route changes significantly can you claim compensation?

Madness having to think of back up plans 🤣🤣🙈
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good luck to everyone going soon and have a lovely time to all the others that made it there 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
Oh I never thought of looking INV-Manchester.

We fly 2 weeks tomorrow from Aberdeen but have night in LHR before Orlando flight. We have already had 2 Aberdeen cancellations and changes and since weekend all Wed flights been removed.

Putting plans in place to throw at BA worst case so

Plan A was change to Inverness flights to LHR on Wed but flight looking full.

Plan B
Aberdeen/Manchester/Dublin/MCO or direct to MCO from Manchester.

Plan C we could request your route!

Plan D try get easyJet flights and claim back

Plan E train (last resort &#129315

Enjoy your very well deserved holiday!

Can I ask if like Disney44 if your route changes significantly can you claim compensation?

Madness having to think of back up plans 🤣🤣🙈
I would definitely ask to be put on the Inverness Orlando via Manchester flight especially as they don’t seem to be cancelling that route.

they changed mine no bother at all even sort out and extended my car hire as we were due to pick it up from cabana bay and return it when we check in but they moved it to airport pick up at there cost, and the refund for our hotel for the first night is already in my bank account.

I will be putting in a claim for compensation as we have lost a day here and our airport lounge at Heathrow.

As for back up plans I’ve done that for coming home just in case 😂😂
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List