Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We are planning on hand luggage only so I would like to know the boarding order as the overhead lockers get full, particularly on the way back. I do use a walking stick in airports due to long walks and queues, especially at Manchester as we did nearly a mile from our gate to baggage claim a few days ago.
On our Tui flight, it was those needing assistance first, then premium, then rows 30-39. Not sure after that as we were on the plane but i’d guess it was then rows 20-29 and then up to row 20.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney-runner
Getting to know the DIBB

We flew back yesterday having booked the TUI Bargain fairly last minute.

This was a trip full of first, my first long haul flight post pandemic, first TUI to the USA, first into Melbourne and first in term time!

I’m still verdict out on making the drive versus the stomaching the wait, there have been a few traumatic baggage / immigration trips in the past.

TUI were shocking Gatwick side, having not sorted out the app to reflect the change in COVID testing, we couldn’t check in online and had to do in person, as process that took nearly two hours !

Melbourne blew my mind, no liquids out, no jewelry off from arriving at the airport to being duty free side was 15 mins max. Hence the jury still being out on making the drive.

Films were the same a week apart but as it was a night flight I wanted to sleep home to try and cope with the jet lag

The food for me was dreadful but it always is and I’m fussy, we are vegan. They didn’t have the right meals for us either way, a veggie butternut squash curry was found but I didn’t like it and didn’t eat it, I’m relaxed about food as I fully accept I’m picky.

It was a bargain break and a joy to get away after the last two years
Disney-runner is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve never in my life had such a short interval between getting off the plane and opening the door of the rental car, for that alone it made it a good airport experience despite the place being a bit of a building site.

Cases were coming through already by the time we’d made the (short) walk to the baggage carousel.

More immigration desks staffed than you would often see at MCO despite the fact it was just 2 TUI flights arriving that day.

It was a little bit odd driving past MCO having been in the car for 40min but then remembered that by 70min after getting off the plane we’d be lucky to be even getting in the hire car by that point!
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JOHNDISNEY22 View Post
What new films were on the plane sorry ? Heard encanto and king Richard now on there
They weren’t on Monday’s return flight to Glasgow then. This was what we had

tui/flight/inflight-entertainment/

Edited at 02:12 PM.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We are planning on hand luggage only so I would like to know the boarding order as the overhead lockers get full, particularly on the way back. I do use a walking stick in airports due to long walks and queues, especially at Manchester as we did nearly a mile from our gate to baggage claim a few days ago.
Premium seems to have more storage than economy. I was planning on just taking hand luggage but worried it would be our bags they'd say had to go in the hold and would then go missing/get left at the airport as has happened recently with those taking small suitcase type cabin bags as hand luggage.
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Premium is twice the price and not worth it for us. We make sure we have locks that can go on the hand luggage in case they end up in the hold. (Especially since DSIL had that some years ago when he had DD’s engagement ring hidden in his hand luggage ready for a surprise proposal. All was well in the end though)
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List