Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely not.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
shughamster
Being a bit Goofy

I ended up catching COVID a few days into my trip. Tested negative six days later. Maybe caught it on the plane, as had isolated before the holiday to make sure I could go. Had to use an ECV the entire time I was there because I couldn’t walk more than quarter of a mile. If you go, be aware you are probably going to be exposed to it.

Still enjoyed myself.

Edited at 12:22 AM.
shughamster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shughamster View Post
I ended up catching COVID a few days into my trip. Tested negative six days later. Maybe caught it on the plane, as had isolated before the holiday to make sure I could go. Had to use an ECV the entire time I was there because I couldn’t walk more than quarter of a mile. If you go, be aware you are probably going to be exposed to it.

Still enjoyed myself.
I do hope your feeling better now. Glad you still had a good time x
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

No going in a few weeks. We are feeling the economic pain from lockdowns and the Ukraine war. Its not sustainable to keep restrictions especially when the majority have now been vaccinated. Surprise surprise we haven't all died off either.

Just simple careful measures.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

to the OP:
not me. everyone is going to get it eventually. locked down against my will for 2 years , i'm certainly going to live life to the fullest as best as i can. Lets not forget, a lot of "cases" doesnt mean people are sick and most infections especially in this country are in hospital when you visit for something else.

cant worry about things you cant control. Enjoy yourself. you only have 1 life.

thats my two cents anyway.
Rizzoface is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

Yes but its the way they portray it - its like its impending doom and that YOU WILL DIE if you catch it. They need to tone it down. They've enjoyed the limelight too long some of these celebrity "experts"

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
I wouldn’t call it doom mongering. A LOT of people have Covid right now so obviously they’re going to be making people aware that maybe they should be cautious and take steps to help prevent infection.
Rizzoface is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

youre first mistake was watching teh BBC News...
Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
I wasn't worried a few weeks ago, but BBC news just reported Covid infections have jumped 30% in a week...
Old 27 Jul 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoN21 View Post
Was looking forward to booking my next solo trip to Orlando for either Christmas or January (my last holiday was December 2019)...but now the Covid rates seem to be on the up again I'm worried that it might have to be cancelled.

Is anyone else having the same thoughts?
Sorry for the long reply.

Not really no. I went in April and I was aware of it obviously but it didn’t affect my holiday. I was so miserable not getting away for 2+ years that I was determined to go and to thoroughly enjoy it.

If you have your vaccinations and perhaps the booster, plus follow the rules we had until recently, you will reduce your risk of catching it.

I wore a mask most of the time inside, until I got too hot and ripped it off. I carried hand sanitiser and kept the 2 metre distance from people.

We didn’t have to wear masks on the flight home but I did and so did a few others.

The other thing that applied to me and will to you as solo travellers. If I’d had to cancel the trip or delay coming home, at least I’d be the only person inconvenienced. I feel so sorry for families with one person getting covid and the whole family having to cancel.

Try not to let it spoil your planning and run-up to
The holiday. xxx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Nope , not letting it hold me back.

Triple vaxxed , caught covid in March... via hubby who caught it at work (police custody office... had lots of clients pass through over the 2 years and didn't catch it til this march... typical)

Florida 1 week June... didn't wear masks , did sanitize hands regular . Didn't catch it.

Gran canaria right now , this is week 2 , only masked up on buses/cabs as per their rules. Did a quick test yesterday and still clear.
Old 28 Jul 22, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Saturn
New Poster (4)

Not a chance. We have been away all through covid 6 holidays over 2019 to 2021. Don’t you let it spoil your holiday. Don’t be foolish, use wipes and gel and the other barriers to infection. I was initially going to poo poo you but everyone has different concerns. There is much worse than covid for me, the exchange rate for one😳
Saturn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List