Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Verifly with connecting flights WORKED!

We are flying Gla to Mco tomorrow via LGW. I’d set up Verifly using the booking reference yesterday and went to check in online this morning. I knew from here that I probably couldn’t check in online as most with connecting flights were reporting that BA page would say it needed to confirm Covid status. Sure enough, I couldn’t check in.

Then I decided to set up the trip again in Verifly as a new trip. I made a slight change of putting DH first in the trip rather than me as I remembered he was the lead passenger. I had to upload the covid digital certs again. I only did 2 of us at this point as DD was asleep but I had added her to the trip in Verifly just not uploaded her Covid status. I then went back to the BA online check in and it had now changed to “Check in now” for me and DH but still old message for DD. Added her Covid status when she woke and the BA page updated almost instantly to allow us all to check in.

Not sure which made it work - whether it was the setting up of booking on Verifly after online check in opened or if making DH listed on Verifly first like BA booking (or both).

Just thought it might help someone else trying to check in with connecting flights.

Jules

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JulesAyr View Post
We are flying Gla to Mco tomorrow via LGW. I’d set up Verifly using the booking reference yesterday and went to check in online this morning. I knew from here that I probably couldn’t check in online as most with connecting flights were reporting that BA page would say it needed to confirm Covid status. Sure enough, I couldn’t check in.

Then I decided to set up the trip again in Verifly as a new trip. I made a slight change of putting DH first in the trip rather than me as I remembered he was the lead passenger. I had to upload the covid digital certs again. I only did 2 of us at this point as DD was asleep but I had added her to the trip in Verifly just not uploaded her Covid status. I then went back to the BA online check in and it had now changed to “Check in now” for me and DH but still old message for DD. Added her Covid status when she woke and the BA page updated almost instantly to allow us all to check in.

Not sure which made it work - whether it was the setting up of booking on Verifly after online check in opened or if making DH listed on Verifly first like BA booking (or both).

Just thought it might help someone else trying to check in with connecting flights.

Jules
Great to hear that it can work, thanks for sharing
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

I did VeriFLY yesterday and checked in online with BA (connecting flights) this morning without any problems. I was pleasantly surprised lol.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We're flying from Gatwick to Tampa with BA on Sunday. I booked our seats when I bought the flights in October last year. Am I correct in thinking VeriFly is not required and offers us nothing other than another layer of admin? I don't mind doing it if it has a purpose, but not just for the sake of it.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
We're flying from Gatwick to Tampa with BA on Sunday. I booked our seats when I bought the flights in October last year. Am I correct in thinking VeriFly is not required and offers us nothing other than another layer of admin? I don't mind doing it if it has a purpose, but not just for the sake of it.
You don’t have to use VeriFLY if you don’t want too, it is meant to speed you checkin online and speed up the process at checkin that’s all it’s up to you if you want to use it
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Just wondering if it’s worth us doing VeriFLY or not as we have to check in at airport as I need Special Assistance, so would just do the paper checks then.
If you’re flying indirect do you just need to do them at the first airport?
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
Just wondering if it’s worth us doing VeriFLY or not as we have to check in at airport as I need Special Assistance, so would just do the paper checks then.
If you’re flying indirect do you just need to do them at the first airport?
It won’t do any harm to do VeriFLY , you will need to show the documents at your first airport, don’t think you will need to show them again if all your flights are on one ticket however you never know so always good to take all paperwork with you as well as doing VeriFLY
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
It won’t do any harm to do VeriFLY , you will need to show the documents at your first airport, don’t think you will need to show them again if all your flights are on one ticket however you never know so always good to take all paperwork with you as well as doing VeriFLY
👍 thanks Orlandoguy
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandotrain
Earning More Ears

That’s good you found a way round it, I ended up just calling BA and they booked seats for me for the LGW to Tpa flight but couldn’t do it for the internal flight.
Orlandotrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

We've just arrived in Miami from GLA. We checked in at GLA desk and not one word of verifly or vax proof was mentioned. Nothing at MIA either.

We had setup our trip using the BA booking reference and had green ticks etc. So not sure if that's why we weren't asked.

No paper copies of anything required completely paperless all the way through.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List