Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Jul 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
What a shame, it’s hard when there are things you really like that are not so good. Red wine is fine. The truly seltzer I had last night was really nice - strawberry lemonade and has he tried white claw?
I’ve bought some sparkling ice which is zero carb a pineapple and coconut one and blackberry one, seemingly these with ice and heavy cream are amazing. Could he order vodka and ice and top it up with one of those? They have loads of flavours I believe. I’ll be making myself a wee virgin pina colada with one of these later so I will report back.
Hard seltzer? Is that like a cider? I don't think he's ever tried hard seltzer, but it's on my list now. The sparkling ice is also a hard seltzer? I like the idea of mixing, but need to avoid the cream b/c dh is lactose free. Hmmm... we'll have to experiment with the mixing. Do tell us how the pina colada works.
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Hard seltzer? Is that like a cider? I don't think he's ever tried hard seltzer, but it's on my list now. The sparkling ice is also a hard seltzer? I like the idea of mixing, but need to avoid the cream b/c dh is lactose free. Hmmm... we'll have to experiment with the mixing. Do tell us how the pina colada works.
No, hard seltzer is like alcoholic sparkling water with flavourings.
I hate sweetener and don’t like sparkling water so I really don’t enjoy these which is a shame as there are so many flavours
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie92
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Just caught up with the posts so far. Love your reports and can’t wait to follow along with the rest of this one, and live vicariously through you!
sophie92 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks. Have you got a trip booked with them. I couldn’t settle at all ahead of the trip, I will say though I couldn’t fault the woman who got us sorted with an alternative though.
We went to San Fran and back in June and it was fine, but I took a couple of full changes of clothes in hand luggage to go out, and was researching other ways to get to London just in case. Our next BA indirect is September to Vancouver, so waiting to see what happens re further cancellations.

I tried a tequila seltzer and didn’t like it much, but I think the fact I don’t like sparkling water doesn’t help!

Longhorns looks good, not somewhere we’ve tended to go on past trips but we’ll have to try it next time!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
louikane
VIP Dibber

louikane's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes another low carb report! I’ve just lost 31lbs (13 to go) doing low carb low sugar and I definitely want to stick to it when we go next year. Great report so far 👍🏻
2017 Sunset Lakes
2019 Emerald Island
2023 Emerald Island
2024 OKW
louikane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Just catching up, some nice looking stuff at Dockside and Longhorn looks great.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Longhorns looks so good! My mouth is watering!
It was so good.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Perfect background in the picture of the butterbeer and gilly water!

The shrimp looks great in longhorn and I’m impressed with the food court offerings so far.
Thanks. The food court has exceeded my expectations and seems much more reasonable than the Disney ones.

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Really enjoying your report so far. You definitely deserve a lovely holiday after the stressful start! The photo of you relaxing by the pool makes me so look forward to our holiday.
Ooh 2 weeks roll your holiday. Feels like we’ve been here forever already.

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
All looks wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to post- I love reading reports.
I’m also trying to low carb - this is all so helpful.
Hope you got some nice things at the outlets.
You are welcome. If you want any of my low carb planning lists just shout.

The outlets were ok, some really good deals and other crazy expensive.
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Love a trip to Longhorns- your meal looks fantastic and I can’t believe your DS polished off a full rack of ribs - he really is a teenager now! That strawberry lemonade sounds delicious, good to see that there are low carb alternatives and that you too can relax by the pool with a drink! 🍹🎉🤩 xx
That boy can eat for Scotland!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Longhorns looks lush. I was going to request the boys had a butterbeer for me but I knew I would see one pretty quickly!
I’m looking forward to that glass of wine when they go to watch the football😊
Yep, didn’t take them long to fit one in. Longhorns was really good, other than Feb we’d never been before. It will be a regular for us now if eating offsite.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I have literally just read from the start !
Your food as looked great 👍🏻 and there are no wrong choices when it comes to a snacks haul
Looking forward and eagerly awaiting more now !
Xx
Aww thanks. More snacks purchased at Walmart earlier, I’m pretty sure if I lived here I wouldn’t even notice I was low carb.
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
As Scoops Ahoy said it’s like alcoholic water.

The sparkling ice is just juice with no carbs.

I made the pina colada thing earlier. It was so good, ice, the juice and double cream.

I think you could do it with coconut milk unsweetened. I also saw a Facebook thing where they added this non dairy plant based milk called ripple ( Walmart had this) to the blackberry and raspberry one along with a small handful of raspberries and ice, that looked good too.

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
No, hard seltzer is like alcoholic sparkling water with flavourings.
I hate sweetener and don’t like sparkling water so I really don’t enjoy these which is a shame as there are so many flavours
The truly one was more like juice less like water.

Originally Posted by sophie92 View Post
Just caught up with the posts so far. Love your reports and can’t wait to follow along with the rest of this one, and live vicariously through you!
Thanks that’s so sweet. You must be looking forward to your DLP trip?

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We went to San Fran and back in June and it was fine, but I took a couple of full changes of clothes in hand luggage to go out, and was researching other ways to get to London just in case. Our next BA indirect is September to Vancouver, so waiting to see what happens re further cancellations.

I tried a tequila seltzer and didn’t like it much, but I think the fact I don’t like sparkling water doesn’t help!

Longhorns looks good, not somewhere we’ve tended to go on past trips but we’ll have to try it next time!
Longhorns always passed us by too but 2 visits now and both really good.
Fingers crossed things settle before your September trip.

Originally Posted by louikane View Post
Yes another low carb report! I’ve just lost 31lbs (13 to go) doing low carb low sugar and I definitely want to stick to it when we go next year. Great report so far 👍🏻
Well done you. Have you got any tips or recipes for me? Happy to share my food lists you made before you go if you want them.

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Just catching up, some nice looking stuff at Dockside and Longhorn looks great.
Thanks for reading. Having a proper food court has pretty handy this trip.
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
First watch

A totally new place for us this morning. The menu looked good for me and I was confident the other two would find something to love.

I find breakfast hard at the best of times, not an egg fan, I eat omelettes at home but the ones here aren’t well enough cooked for me ( think cremated). First watch does frittatas and I thought I might have better luck with those.

I had the salmon one with mixed greens, it was lovely, I just asked for it without the toast, it was more than enough.

Ds had the French toast and really enjoyed it.

Dh had the Floridian French toast, he really liked it.

They also had some million dollar bacon as a side, this looked amazing but was sweet so not for me.

Great server and lovely to go out for breakfast, I want to go back to try the other frittata.