Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Jul 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#31
parkgirl
VIP Dibber
 
parkgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 11

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Tui at Bristol asked to see ours. It was the first year I had printed them, so wasn’t an issue.
__________________
Disneyland California 1979, Las Palmas, I drive & Tradewinds, St Petes Beach 1987
Econolodge Hawaiian 1988, Quick trip 1991, Radisson World gate 1997, Staybridge suites 2006
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#32
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
I mean are you even going to Florida if you don’t have a plastic wallet filled with documents and paperwork, sorted in the order you need to access them?
Nope. Everything is on my phone in PDF form, backed up onto iCloud in my files folder so it can be accessed on my iPad if required as well. This is the whole point of having apps etc isn’t it? Lots of stuff in Apple Wallet too. So much easier.
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#33
Princess Alison
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
Nope. Everything is on my phone in PDF form, backed up onto iCloud in my files folder so it can be accessed on my iPad if required as well. This is the whole point of having apps etc isn’t it? Lots of stuff in Apple Wallet too. So much easier.
I do this too since upgrading my phone but previously my phone would no doubt have died at the wrong moment!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#34
Spadge64
Getting to know the DIBB
 
Join Date: Jun 20
I never used to but one time flew into New York and the ESTA computer system was down. My friend had printed hers and got straight through customs. I was taken away (whilst a panicked friend looked on!) with no explanation and seated in what I can only describe as a mini court room whilst they did some sort of manual checks. Delayed me by about 20 mins so no big deal. But I do print out now just in case of this happening again! Given how security minded the US is, not sure how they'd feel about verifying an ESTA on your phone in such circumstances
Spadge64 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#35
Donaldfan
Imagineer
 
Donaldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
I print everything out. If my phone died on me I wouldn't have access to it all.
Donaldfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#36
mick
VIP Dibber
 
mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: Rugby

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Spadge64 View Post
I never used to but one time flew into New York and the ESTA computer system was down. My friend had printed hers and got straight through customs. I was taken away (whilst a panicked friend looked on!) with no explanation and seated in what I can only describe as a mini court room whilst they did some sort of manual checks. Delayed me by about 20 mins so no big deal. But I do print out now just in case of this happening again! Given how security minded the US is, not sure how they'd feel about verifying an ESTA on your phone in such circumstances
Amazing isn't it how paper sometimes works well even though us old dinosaurs seem to be patronised all the time by others who share a different view but are unable to communicate it without being offensive

Mic
__________________
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#37
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Amazing isn't it how paper sometimes works well even though us old dinosaurs seem to be patronised all the time by others who share a different view but are unable to communicate it without being offensive

Mic
I well remember the arrival of the ‘paperless office’ during my Police career.
It did not work, never will work and we still had endless duplication of effort as well as exactly the same amount of paper in hard copy files (x 5 in the case of an overnight and remand).
Technology can be an aid and no more than that. I will meantime stick with my A5.. just in case.
__________________

2005 onwards.. lots of times!
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
2022 Toronto to Miami .. eventually.https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1220132
California Nevada Arizona Oct 2022 pretrip
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209610
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#38
mick
VIP Dibber
 
mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: Rugby

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I well remember the arrival of the ‘paperless office’ during my Police career.
It did not work, never will work and we still had endless duplication of effort as well as exactly the same amount of paper in hard copy files (x 5 in the case of an overnight and remand).
Technology can be an aid and no more than that. I will meantime stick with my A5.. just in case.
CFB

I may have already said, to the point of boredom , that I'm 76 and have embraced technology as much as I can where I have to or where it helps with everyday life but not to the complete exclusion of alternatives.

I'm even on record here last November when I said that I found doing Verifly easy on only the second day that BA used it.

In my world there's room for both to sit alongside each other and neither should be dismissed just because it's not what you do.

Mick
__________________

Edited at 07:32 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#39
Butts1
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Nov 19
Originally Posted by mick View Post
CFB

I may have already said, to the point of boredom , that I'm 76 and have embraced technology as much as I can where I have to or where it helps with everyday life but not to the complete exclusion of alternatives.

I'm even on record here last November when I said that I found doing Verifly easy on only the second day that BA used it.

In my world there's room for both to sit alongside each other and neither should be dismissed just because it's not what you do.

Mick
What is the point of doing Verifly if as they did with us only ask for your passport when you check in without having done it ?

I had copies of vaccination record and attestation but they didn't (despite being offered) want to see them.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#40
mick
VIP Dibber
 
mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: Rugby

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
What is the point of doing Verifly if as they did with us only ask for your passport when you check in without having done it ?

I had copies of vaccination record and attestation but they didn't (despite being offered) want to see them.
I assume that's a rhetorical question?

Obviously I have no idea but I'm guessing that the US Department of Homeland Security won't be best pleased to hear that the UK flag carrying airline wasn't fulfilling it's legal obligations by not checking that passengers were complying with the CDC requirements.

Assuming you travelled BA of course.

Mick
__________________

Edited at 08:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
theDIBB Blog
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1875
CaxtonFX  $1.1754
Covent Garden FX  $1.1945
FAIRFX  $1.1777
John Lewis  $1.1881
M&S  $1.1690
Post Office  $1.1670
Sainsburys  $1.1839
TESCO  $1.1878
Travelex  $1.1801
Updated: 22:30 15/08/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1601
CaxtonFX  €1.1568
Covent Garden FX  €1.1704
FAIRFX  €1.1589
John Lewis  €1.1601
M&S  €1.1413
Post Office  €1.1391
Sainsburys  €1.1560
TESCO  €1.1601
Travelex  €1.1528
Updated: 22:30 15/08/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X