Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jun 18
We don't have a caravan but love our tent! We usually camp in North Yorkshire can't wait for the sites to open so we can book a break away. DDs all adults now as are our friends kids but we all still love to meet up camping 😁
HevaDuck is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
JLH
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Pembrokeshire. Without a doubt, as itís so unspoilt and never overcrowded even in high season. Beautiful coastline and lots of lovely walks. Weíve been going there years and often find a new hidden gem.

We also love the Cotswolds. Lots of pretty villages to visit. We stay at Adam Hensonís farm park (BBC Countryfile presenter) caravan park which is lovely for peace and quiet and countryside walks and had the farm park for children

We used to love Cornwall too when our boys were young but itís too crowded now and very expensive.

Where is your favourite place to go?
I really fell in love with barafundle bay when we had a weekend in Pembrokeshire- the lovely walk along the cliff to reach it and despite it raining on and off and blowing a gale it was so peaceful. Doubt itís like that on a hot sunny day but itís made me want to see more of that area .
__________________
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by HevaDuck View Post
We don't have a caravan but love our tent! We usually camp in North Yorkshire can't wait for the sites to open so we can book a break away. DDs all adults now as are our friends kids but we all still love to meet up camping 😁
Itís such a sociable holiday whether in a caravan or tent. Weíve never been to Yorkshire as itís so far from us, but it looks beautiful. Letís hope we can all go away again soon. We were booked to go to Pembrokeshire at Easter but obviously didnít. I think our first trip away, when we can, will be there
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I really fell in love with barafundle bay when we had a weekend in Pembrokeshire- the lovely walk along the cliff to reach it and despite it raining on and off and blowing a gale it was so peaceful. Doubt itís like that on a hot sunny day but itís made me want to see more of that area .
You really should return, itís fabulous in the sunshine 😀 Let me know if you go back and I can recommend some Ďlittle knowní places
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
greekgranny
Imagineer
 
greekgranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Pembrokeshire. Without a doubt, as itís so unspoilt and never overcrowded even in high season. Beautiful coastline and lots of lovely walks. Weíve been going there years and often find a new hidden gem.

We also love the Cotswolds. Lots of pretty villages to visit. We stay at Adam Hensonís farm park (BBC Countryfile presenter) caravan park which is lovely for peace and quiet and countryside walks and had the farm park for children

We used to love Cornwall too when our boys were young but itís too crowded now and very expensive.

Where is your favourite place to go?
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area. Favourite caravan site on Exmoor
exevalleycamping/


I would really like to holiday in Tenby again but DH feels it is too far to tow from Sussex,
__________________

Edited at 11:54 PM. Reason: adding to post
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer
 
SnowWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19
Location: East Kent
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I tried taking cuttings of my neighbours Chillean Potato vine, (potato plant?) its a beautiful purple flowering thingy, that trails over into our garden, so far, they are not fairing well! I dont think I am as green fingered as I thought.

I also have a baby tomato plant a kind person let me Ďadoptí which I am treating like a pet, on the windowsill, its called very imaginatively ĎTommyí
I've grown Wisteria plants and a passion flower from layered cuttings.
If your vine is overhanging enough to reach the ground I don't see why that wouldn't work the same way.
Here's how:
rhs.uk/advice/profile?pid=358
Or:
Using a pot about 10 inches tall, filled with a half sand/ half garden soil mixture (not compost)
Water it and cut half a dozen pencil thick pieces of stem about 12 inches long. (These are called half ripe cuttings)
Cut the top few leaves off.
Push the stems into the soil mix up to a leaf so the leaf is just touching the soil.
Pop the pot in a cool shady area in the garden and leave for a month or so.
You'll know if the cuttings have taken when you begin to see vigorous growth.
I've grown stems from roses from bouquets this way too. It's a lovely way to have a permanent reminder of special occasions
Or: take stem cuttings and pop them in a jar of water and pop them on your kitchen window sill but don't trim the top leaves off. If you're lucky they will grow roots.
Hope you can make sense of this lol

Edited at 11:46 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area.

I would really like to holiday in Tenby again but DH feels it is too far to tow from Sussex,
We love North Devon, we used to stay at a site called Hidden Valley near Illfracombe but I believe itís changed ownership now.

I canít imagine how far Tenby must be from Sussex! We have never been to Sussex either. Tenby is very nice, but again a little more touristy than some other parts of Pembrokeshire
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
greekgranny
Imagineer
 
greekgranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We love North Devon, we used to stay at a site called Hidden Valley near Illfracombe but I believe itís changed ownership now.

I canít imagine how far Tenby must be from Sussex! We have never been to Sussex either. Tenby is very nice, but again a little more touristy than some other parts of Pembrokeshire
Just added our favourite Exmoor site to previous post. Yes, I reckon it is probably more touristy but will make a fair base for touring.
__________________
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
#29
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area. Favourite caravan site on Exmoor
exevalleycamping/


I would really like to holiday in Tenby again but DH feels it is too far to tow from Sussex,
Thanks for the link, that looks like our type of site so would love to visit it one day
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#30
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
cotswoldfarmpark/camping/

redlandstouring/

Our two favourite sites, both quite quiet especially the Pembrokeshire one but very clean and friendly

Tenby is a great base for touring and has beautiful beaches too.

Edited at 12:31 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1896
CaxtonFX  $1.1839
Covent Garden FX  $1.1954
FAIRFX  $1.1872
John Lewis  $1.1884
M&S  $1.1686
Post Office  $1.1673
Sainsburys  $1.1859
TESCO  $1.1898
Travelex  $1.1826
Updated: 19:00 13/08/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1579
CaxtonFX  €1.1535
Covent Garden FX  €1.1667
FAIRFX  €1.1573
John Lewis  €1.1598
M&S  €1.1385
Post Office  €1.1375
Sainsburys  €1.1537
TESCO  €1.1579
Travelex  €1.1529
Updated: 19:00 13/08/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now