Notices

View Poll Results: Did you get any side effects with Oxford vaccine?
Yes - Mild 138 55.87%
Yes - Severe 34 13.77%
No 75 30.36%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all the replies! I just got my vaccine this afternoon so will wait to see if I have any side effects.
Old 29 Mar 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
DITTO I was same as DD & glad I had read beforehand others had had those symptoms so wasn't too worried but did feel pretty awful at the time.
I was shocked at how sudden the side effects came and that they went quite quickly too, then reappeared the next evening. It was described to me that my innate immunity defences were probably responding with the first of the side effects, and the second time it may have been my adaptive immune response causing it. All of this means that my body was behaving as it should in response to the vaccine which is good news 😀 Pleased to hear you are feeling fine again too
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, started with waking up in the middle of the night freezing cold, had to change my pjs to thick fluffy ones and put a dressing gown on to go back to sleep lol. About an hour later I woke up sweating so ripped it all off, was also really really thirsty. The next morning I'd describe it as a really bad hangover, I also vomited a few times. The day after that I felt right as rain!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I felt shivers and a bit achey the next day and had a sore arm for 3 days.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Absolutely exhausted. Couldn’t stay awake. Headache, not a dead arm but a really painful arm 24hrs later, lasted for 3/4 days.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Well that was a fun night! 🤦🏼 Got the jab at 5pm, by 10pm I'd started to get that crawly sore skin feeling all over my lower back and legs. Went to bed and by 11pm I was really cold and my legs kept going into spasms so I took some paracetamol. 2am I woke up hot, sweaty, achy and legs spasming constantly again. Had to lie there for another hour before I could take some more drugs at 3am. Then woke up again at 5am still achy but really hot and sweaty again. Managed to eventually get back to sleep and woke up around 7am just feeling generally rough. Have felt hungover since getting up so I've just taken some more paracetamol now. Hoping I feel better later, having 2 young kids to look after when feeling like this is no fun!
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Well that was a fun night! 🤦🏼 Got the jab at 5pm, by 10pm I'd started to get that crawly sore skin feeling all over my lower back and legs. Went to bed and by 11pm I was really cold and my legs kept going into spasms so I took some paracetamol. 2am I woke up hot, sweaty, achy and legs spasming constantly again. Had to lie there for another hour before I could take some more drugs at 3am. Then woke up again at 5am still achy but really hot and sweaty again. Managed to eventually get back to sleep and woke up around 7am just feeling generally rough. Have felt hungover since getting up so I've just taken some more paracetamol now. Hoping I feel better later, having 2 young kids to look after when feeling like this is no fun!
Hope you are ok. I had mines at 5.40 last night. Went to bed slight headache but ok . Woke up at 4.05 with temperature tossing and turning and shivering- took paracetamol . Currently bursting headache taking paracetamol again but I had Covid in November so it’s no where near as bad. Just having a chilled day
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Hope you are ok. I had mines at 5.40 last night. Went to bed slight headache but ok . Woke up at 4.05 with temperature tossing and turning and shivering- took paracetamol . Currently bursting headache taking paracetamol again but I had Covid in November so it’s no where near as bad. Just having a chilled day
Thank you! Still not 100% today, feeling flushed. Hope you're feeling better.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Had my vaccine at 9:15 yesterday. exactly 11 hours later i thought actually my arm is aching and then suddenly needed to lie down and then had worst fever. i was freezing and shaking and my arms and legs and skin hurt really badly. must have then fallen asleep. but better this morning but legs still ache and keep going a bit hot and cold. feel wiped out. Still glad and thankful to have had the vaccine as really don’t want covid.
mintybadger is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Neither me nor my husband had any side effects after our AZ jabs, not even a sore arm, hope our second one will be the same.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List