Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moles Family View Post
I’ve found tunnel bear the easiest.

Once that’s turn on and showing as the US, follow the link from post 11 of this thread from/at 11am UK time and half way down will be a link to do the video chat.

If your husband gets on for 11am he should get into the call fairly quickly. After that they will offer to transfer him to another text chat where he can choose the 2 attractions a day.

You can do the ride selection at another date but that will possibly reduce the amount of ride times

It's 12 noon not 11am.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Won’t we need children here to get their photo taken ?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Indy_UK
slightly serious Dibber

Yes you will which does limit us to the weekends or hoping the wait after school isn’t too long
Indy_UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I did the online chat at 4:30pm at our 30 days and was on to a cast member immediately.

Sorry if this has been asked before but when does the availability to book DAS access to rides on the day open up - is it at normal park opening or does is open for onsite guests at the start of extra 30 min slot?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sherman
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I did the online chat at 4:30pm at our 30 days and was on to a cast member immediately.

Sorry if this has been asked before but when does the availability to book DAS access to rides on the day open up - is it at normal park opening or does is open for onsite guests at the start of extra 30 min slot?
I’m pretty sure I found that we could book within in the 30 min early window (as long as we were in the park), but we could only get a return time from official park opening.

Interested to see if others can confirm.
Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
I’m pretty sure I found that we could book within in the 30 min early window (as long as we were in the park), but we could only get a return time from official park opening.

Interested to see if others can confirm.
Thank you - I was just curious as I know it won’t make a huge difference and we probably won’t be there that early anyway but just in case we are it’s good to know. I’m not sure our usual full days will be happening on this trip so if we can get a few rides selected before 2 pm between DAS and Genie+ it gives us options. If circumstances allow we will get to ride them - and if they don’t, so be it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I completed my DAS call today. Logged on at 12, within a few minutes had a message saying they’re dealing with another guest but I’d be soon.

Only took a couple mins on the call and the person was lovely.

Transferred to prebook rides and was done before 1.

Such a huge relief now.

If anyone was wondering it used just under 100MB of tunnel bear on VPN.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's my 30 days out tomorrow. So hoping it all goes smoothly to do both my dad and husbands DAS.
For those who have done it and had DAS previously (before the new way of doing it) did disney have records that you had it before? Just wondering if that helped speed up or make the process easier. We've had it twice before so hoping tomorrow will be just as easy to sort. 😊
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JOHNDISNEY22
Trying for More Ears

Don’t forget it has to be 30 days out before your last day of the holiday to book rides for all your stay . Hope this helps
JOHNDISNEY22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by JOHNDISNEY22 View Post
Don’t forget it has to be 30 days out before your last day of the holiday to book rides for all your stay . Hope this helps
I know some people have had luck being allowed to book some or all their days before the 30 days from last day. But the most important thing is we get the das' sorted and then it should be hopefully quick if we do need to log back on to do each day by day.
But I won't expect anything more than being able to register, and it will be a plus if I can pre book any rides. 👍
Assume if I do have to go back on to book the rides later, I can do it on behalf of my dad and hubby without them there, as not going to be easy for them to do it themselves.
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List