Notices

Old 21 Feb 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

USA Covid restrictions

I appreciate this is an unknown but does anyone have any inclination of how the US might progress in the next 6 months or so with Cocid restrictions. I think here you can get a feeling of what's coming...as most leaked first. Is there much talk of changes in the US media?

I haven't really seen any suggestions of how the US will play it out in terms of keeping pre flight testing, mask requirements etc.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Very Serious Dibber

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I think, well i hope, that they will kind of follow the same suit that we have in the sense of its not going anywhere and we just need to learn to live with it.
I do think the vaccination thing will remain in place for travel if in honest.
But now that disney have taken away masks (and hopefully wont put it back again) I think things will now start to return to a new idea of "normal"

DVC member since Sept '18
KymmieAKiss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Apprentice Imagineer

Iím searching for clues all of the time. 🧐 I canít seem to find a whisper about it.
But here is where I check first, because folks on here, can find anything!
Hoping for an update soon.
Old 21 Feb 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

The question now for me is does the US first revert back to the 72hr testing or scrap it completely at their next review? - The 24hr testing currently in place is so outdated now and far exceeded by Omicron Knowledge and passage of time.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
The question now for me is does the US first revert back to the 72hr testing or scrap it completely at their next review? - The 24hr testing currently in place is so outdated now and far exceeded by Omicron Knowledge and passage of time.
I have wondered this too Mark.
I had really hoped for some inclination by now - of any sort!
Old 21 Feb 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

They have generally been very slow to change things like this over the course of the last two years.

"Sleepy Joe" needs to wake up and be prodded in the right direction.
Old 21 Feb 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

So frustrating as we wonít travel to anywhere we have to test first - just canít be doing with the stress! Made my world to travel a lot smaller for sure

Edited at 06:18 PM.
lisa12000___ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I really hope they're able to scrap the requirement to test prior to the outbound flight soon. It really is a dark cloud on what should be the excitement of a holiday.

Happy to wear a mask, fill out forms declaring I feel well, etc. But I just can't look forward to it at all until the test is done - currently a day before flying 😩
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

We go begining of March and the testing requirement has completely ruined being able to get excited for it. If I'd have known it would have been required when booking I wouldn't have booked.
I read that travel firms have written asking for it to be scrapped as it adds no value anymore and hindering the travel industry, but that was a few weeks ago and heard nothing since.
So nervous about testing now due to UK getting rid of all isolation rules - just means higher risk of catching it and I can't really isolate as have toddle at nursery and required in the office 🙈
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I seriously hope they go in the same direction that we currently are. I too booked the trip thinking covid would just be something we live with by then. We dont go until August but DD we have had to covid test in her sleep.. logistically I have no idea how I would have her do a supervised test. If I could do one in her sleep as usual it would be fine! I also seriously worry about catching it just before we have to go. We cant isolate and it's our DS 1st birthday a few weeks before we go. I've already been trying to think about what we go do for him with minimising the risks. I wouldn't want to not do anything for the poor lad. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us and for both my 30th and DDs 5th so I really would not want to have to cancel!
All-smiles is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List