Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 18 Mar 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Yes to pineapple, no to anchovies!
My thoughts exactly. 👍🏻
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Pizza is the blandest, worstest, rankiest, crapiest fast food ever invented.

You can stick pineapple, toilet roll, hooves from a dodgy donkey on a pizza and people will say they love it. Ya all mad as hatters 🍕
Old 18 Mar 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Definitely pineapple on pizza but don’t allow anchovies anywhere near mine. We like 2 of the pizzas we get when in Auckland one is chicken, veggies and apricot sauce and the other is called Pandemonium which is chicken, cranberry sauce and Brie.

Edited at 11:26 PM.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The best pizza we’ve ever had and it’s spoilt us and everyone else in the family is from a tiny family run restaurant by the villa Dora’s
The base is super thin and everything is made fresh on the day Ie base sauce be it tomato or a white garlic base sauce
You need to wait around 25/30 mins usually but boy is it worth the wait they do delivery take out but we usually sit in it’s a tiny place take your own wine etc ( corkage charge ) oh and there small Italian food menu amazing even the pasta is made daily it just before Mannys on the 27 but don’t tell anyone

This has anchovy’s on it and it’s the large pizza 4 adults couldn’t finish it the wagon wheel is enormous easily feed 8
They even do half and half toppings if you order in the restaurant/to sit in or take out

This old boy shared the left overs for breakfast as well

Edited at 01:02 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Love how it did breakfast too!
Old 19 Mar 22, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
beaker72
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

beaker72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 6
There's something not quite right about people who like pineapple on their pizza. I certainly wouldn't trust them to water my plants while I was away...
beaker72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beaker72 View Post
There's something not quite right about people who like pineapple on their pizza. I certainly wouldn't trust them to water my plants while I was away...
That’s wise, I kill all my indoor plants .
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

No to pinapple on Liza put it another way would you put tomato sauce and cheese on a slice of pineapple ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry no to pineapple and anchovies 🤢 now mushrooms with the ham would be perfect 😋 x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
abiozzy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I know this is a massive debate as to whether pineapple belongs on pizza, but today I came home from work early with an absolutely storming cold so ordered a little takeaway treat for myself...

Pineapple and Ham pizza with anchovies!

Sorrynotsorry...
Yes to the pineapple, no to the anchovies 🤢
abiozzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List