Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 May 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Teesside to lose LHR and SOU flights from May 24th

Logan Air have announced that they are going to stop their services from Teesside to Heathrow and Southampton from May 24th.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby B
VIP Dibber

It’s such a shame but I can see Teesside going the same way as Plymouth airport.

I used to be a frequent flyer from Newcastle to Plymouth but flights were rarely full. Wasn’t surprised when they shut Plymouth airport but it was sad as it was so convenient for me.

There seems to be so much effort going into saving Teesside, but I have rarely used it except for a couple of trips to Amsterdam. I often price travel up from Teesside but on cost it is usually pipped to the post by Leeds Bradford or Newcastle.
Libby B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do think Teesside was a vanity project for Ben Houchen Tees Valley Mayor but at least he did his best.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

blimy thats not good news

looking at today as an example there are 5 flight departing two of them are the above flights

two more are to palma + one amsterdam

cant be viable to run on that basis 3 flights in a day

The Aberdeen flight has been on for ages so assume thats for all the lads working on the rigs & is well used

Edited at 08:22 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are flying to Palma with Ryan air from Teesside next Tuesday.

I think the main problem is that it’s not common knowledge that Teesside are back offering these flight options.

Unless people are aware how are they going to build up the customers again from years worth of hardly any flights.

It’s such a shame as that Heathrow flight could be really useful but not had chance too use it yet as it’s not been around long long enough.

Such a shame. ☹️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

When we planned our NYC break with BA for this coming October, we thought great news, Logan had a partner link with BA and marketing plugged the benefit. Tried a couple of times but could never get it to work so just opted again from Newcastle/LHR/ JFK.
SO glad now. Shame really as we are only a very short journey from Teesside Airport (10 mins or less) but now the hours trip up the road for a 6.30 am connection
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Great to see that the first Tui flight to leave Teeside airport yesterday was full. Hopefully Tui will start to add more as that will show a sign of confidence to other companies. I know it’s only the one flight but fingers crossed for the future. 🤞🏼 That along with the Ryan Air flights is something at least.

gazettelive/news/t...takes-23916426

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List