Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Via Napoli - EPCOT - don't believe the vLoggers!

Well, this was an expensive lesson.

Via Napoli is a poor experience. There. Said it. Pizza is below average. The place feels like a canteen - the only saving grace is the amazing staff (of course) and the three ovens. Otherwise, it's a really poor, on-park dining experience.

For a flight of 3 beers (really small measures), a coke, a salad for two and a pizza for two and excluding tip - over $120.

Left a bad taste in the mouth both metaphorically and literally.

That'll teach us for believing vLoggers - this is not a great experience they'll have you believe.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Blaze is far superior for a pizza.
Old 13 May 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Oh that’s a shame as we really enjoyed our pizza and salad there. Was in Top 3 restaurants on our trip. Was reasonable too as we sheared a massive pizza and salad. Was about $110 (ex tip) including two beers. That was for 4pp.

only had the one course though.

Just to add I wasn’t fussed on the restaurant itself.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 01:58 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no. This is on my list. I love pizza and we don’t drink alcohol so I think we will just share a massive one.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We thought that it was quite good on the last visit until I realised that I'd just paid over £30 for a pizza! One of the things that I'm quickly realising with the vast majority of vloggers, they do not "bite the hand that feeds them"! I've seen rave reviews of places that I would not go near & they are very blasé about the costs of Disney food!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Well, this was an expensive lesson.

Via Napoli is a poor experience. There. Said it. Pizza is below average. The place feels like a canteen - the only saving grace is the amazing staff (of course) and the three ovens. Otherwise, it's a really poor, on-park dining experience.

For a flight of 3 beers (really small measures), a coke, a salad for two and a pizza for two and excluding tip - over $120.

Left a bad taste in the mouth both metaphorically and literally.

That'll teach us for believing vLoggers - this is not a great experience they'll have you believe.
I have always thought that restaurant was very very expensive for what it is, even by Disney standards. Id honestly rather just stick with Blaze, even if my last experience there wasn't great.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

That’s a shame, we have always had great experiences there, though admittedly not been since 2018. We even had our Christmas lunch there on Christmas Day 2017!

We used to share a large pizza( half spicey for DH and half Quattro formagioni for me!), and always thought it reasonably priced by Disney standards! Sounds like many Disney places have gone back in service and quality of food.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Agree!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Paging Mr morrow swears by it lol
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Paging Mr morrow swears by it lol
As does Molly.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List