Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 May 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Rhs Chelsea flower show review

Wow, wow , wow . What a day we had . We arrived for about 9.50am and it was a massive queue to get in . Weather just right and thankfully didn’t rain like it did the day before .
We decided, upon advice from here , that we would hit the gardens first and what a good choice that was .

Although the main Avenue was busy it was doable. The gardens were stunning but so much smaller than I had imagined . It is hard to see where some end and begin as well due to the amount of people crowded round them .
We then walked around the outskirts of the pavilion and my word you could spend some serious money here ( if you had any , unfortunately we don’t have any ) .

Outdoor kitchen anyone ?

Then on to the pavilion . The smell of flowers was overwhelming but so beautiful at the same time .

We then decided to go to the bandstand and eat our sarnies . We took food with us as the prices were eyewatering . Fish and chips £18, £36 pitcher of pins and £4.50 an ice cream . We weren’t the only ones either , so many sat on the grass eating their own lunch .
We spent ages in the show and I could photobomb even more . Everywhere was just delightful . We decided about 5 we had had enough , simply because they let the afternoon people in . It became absolutely unbearable , you couldn’t move ! It got silly. I know they want to make money but there comes a pint where it’s not enjoyable anymore and by letting them in that was it.
Anyway we shuffled our way out down into Chelsea kings road which had Chelsea In bloom as well. This was also causing a little chaos as everyone wanted photos outside the shops so the pavements were crowded around the displays .

As for what we wore, well we went in jeans and a jacket . It threw it down the day before and was still cool so comfort won over fashion and I must say 85% of people dressed the same as us. Comfort certainly won . Anyway we can’t have been dressed that bad because we ended up on the broadcast on bbc 2 at lunchtime on the Nicky chapman link lol 😁😁😁 8 secs of fame .
So round up , it’s expensive , it’s fabulous , it’s crowded , it would be no fun in the rain ( our opinion ) , it’s so much more relaxed than we thought it would be . It’s aimed at everyone except young kids ( under 5’s aren’t allowed ) and we saw zero children. You need very deep pockets if you want anything . It will inspire you , you will fall in love with flowers and your feet will not like you by the end of the day . It was worth every pain though. Highly recommend it 😁😁😁😁
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You've sold it to me! I must try and work out how to get there another year!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had an amazing day! We knew you would.
Amazing pics x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely photos, sounds like you had an amazing time👍
Old 28 May 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It sounds perfect Mexy, so glad you enjoyed it.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’m very pleased you enjoyed it ! The ‘pain’ was worth it 😘
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Great photos! Glad you had a lovely time x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lovely pics, and I voted for the first garden on your post!
At the big garden shows (never been to Chelsea!) we don't buy plants as its such a faff carrying them safely, but we always treat ourselves to unusual plant supports or ornaments etc - but there are some amazing things if you have a large garden and deep pockets.
The one year we splashed out was for our 50th birthdays, we commissioned a wall fountain for the garden from the Hampton Court show, and it still looks fab 17 years later, so was worth the money.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:06 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Lovely pics, and I voted for the first garden on your post!
At the big garden shows (never been to Chelsea!) we don't buy plants as its such a faff carrying them safely, but we always treat ourselves to unusual plant supports or ornaments etc - but there are some amazing things if you have a large garden and deep pockets.
The one year we splashed out was for our 50th birthdays, we commissioned a wall fountain for the garden from the Hampton Court show, and it still looks fab 17 years later, so was worth the money.
It is such a beautiful garden , so pretty. I also liked the stitchers one as well .

I’ve ordered the dame Deborah rose . I did want the copper poppies in the picture above , they looked stunning when the sun shone but they were £240 for 6 I think .
There were so massive reductions if you bought from the show and the quality outstanding , I just need a big pay rise lol
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I am so pleased you had a lovely time, your photos are fabulous. So many beautiful flowers 💐

A picnic sounds so much nicer than overpriced fish and chips. How exciting to see yourself on the tv coverage too, does that make you a celebrity Dibber? 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List