Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jun 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by dazzer77 View Post
I'm dealing with facts here rather than opinions.
No need for that…I’m not denying your experience, just saying it’s probably not generally good to rely on or advise others to do what you did, as the ‘fact’ is what you did is against the official rules of how the virtual queues work, and rightly so for the reasons I mentioned. The cast members you spoke with obviously let you bend those rules on these occasions to fit your plans which was nice of them, but that doesn’t change the ‘fact’ that the rule is as I stated - boarding groups have a return window that you are generally expected to return within to ride.

Of course, your one party riding late likely made no tangible difference to attraction flow, but consider if 100 parties in group 12 decided they’d just rather ride in the evening because it suited them better, and what the knock on effect of that would be for the wait time of people with later groups, and also the max group number they reached before park close. In essence what you were able to do is create a hybrid between the virtual queue and an ILL, and pick your own position in the virtual queue.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy they let you do it and you got to ride, but I take umbrage with the tone that you’re talking facts and I’m not - your experience illustrates the exception not the rule. I mainly posted to caution anyone else that yes there is flexibility and yes you may be allowed to do things ‘unofficially’, but generally speaking, arriving 7-8 hours after your group has been called, confidently expecting to be admitted is not a very good idea, and may very well lead to disappointment!

Edited at 02:05 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzer77
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
No need for that
There was every need for that, my experience is fact as it happened and I clarified this with with cast members.

Your statement was your opinion based upon your interpretation of what the rules state. I think there is a little too much sactomony on this board whereas I though we were supposed to be helping each other based upon real life situations and experiences.
dazzer77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

There was every need for that, my experience is fact as it happened and I clarified this with with cast members.

Your statement was your opinion based upon your interpretation of what the rules state. I think there is a little too much sactomony on this board whereas I though we were supposed to be helping each other based upon real life situations and experiences.
Geez…you obviously don’t take well to being wrong. Your experience is 1 person’s anecdote, and it was granted to you as an exception. To give you even more evidence of that, here is what MDE says when your window is live:

Here's what it says when the window is over:

When you scanned into the ride in the evening, your MDE would have had that second message, and the cast member controlling entry would have seen it, and used their discretion to let you in regardless. If the ride had been down a lot that day or it was super busy they would have been well within their rights, within the rules of the virtual queue, to refuse you entry.

The FACT is every virtual queue they’ve ever implemented works this way, and it’s in black and white, no interpretation necessary if you have basic reading comprehension skills and understand the concept of a ‘queue’.

Can I ask you genuinely why you think they bother assigning boarding groups in the virtual queue if you think everyone can just say ‘oh I don’t fancy that one, I think I’ll just put myself with a later one’?

My post is more ‘helpful’ to others than yours, because it corrects the wrong information you’re spouting. You got lucky that you were allowed to do this. By all means take the win, but stop advising others that this is normal allowed practice, and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzer77
Helping Mickey

Geez…you obviously don’t take well to being wrong. Your experience is 1 person’s anecdote, and it was granted to you as an exception. The ‘fact’ is the official rule, and how it’s actually designed to work and has done for every virtual queue they’ve ever implemented, it’s in black and white, no interpretation necessary if you have basic reading comprehension skills and understand the concept of a ‘queue’.

Can I ask you genuinely why you think they bother assigning boarding groups in the virtual queue if you think everyone can just say ‘oh I don’t fancy that one, I think I’ll just put myself with a later one’?

My post is more ‘helpful’ to others than yours, because it corrects the wrong information you’re spouting. You got lucky that you were allowed to do this. By all means take the win, but stop advising others that this is normal allowed practice, and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Maybe you could explain how I was wrong and my experience is less helpful? This is what happened in park and in reality. Your opinion is based upon your interpretation of the rules not what is happening in real time. I did not get "lucky", I confirmed the stance with cast members.

Your sanctimonious attitude and, to be frank, insulting comments are pathetic and I truly think you need to take a look at yourself and get a grip. I'm helping people here whereas you are making an assumption that is not what is happening real time. You are rude and condescending and clearly think you're smarter than me and could do with a lesson in manners. You've stated no FACTS (as you've liked to put it), whereas I have actually experience of what is happening.

I accept your apology in advance.

Edited at 03:10 PM.
dazzer77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Maybe you could explain how I was wrong and my experience is less helpful? This is what happened in park and in reality. Your opinion is based upon your interpretation of the rules not what is happening in real time. I did not get "lucky", I confirmed the stance with cast members.

Your sanctimonious attitude and, to be frank, insulting comments are pathetic and I truly think you need to take a look at yourself and get a grip. I'm helping people here whereas you are making an assumption that is not what is happening real time.

I accept your apology in advance.
Again, I am not suggesting that it didn't happen as you've described, that's not the part I think is 'wrong'.

The 'wrong' part is you saying that it will universally happen this way, and that what you did is totally OK and generally acceptable for anyone to do under the virtual queue system, and that they would always let you on whenever you happen to roll up hours after your group is called. It simply isn't the case, it's not the way a virtual queue (clue is in the name) is supposed to work, and your experience is unlikely to be reliably replicated all the time by other people trying this. Therefore you're not helping them, you're setting them up for potential disappointment when it goes differently to how it went for you and they don't get allowed on as a concession. That's fact, not opinion, as evidenced by all my previous explanations, screenshots, Disney themselves on the website and even simply by the fact they give you a time bound return window in the first place.

Notably, you gave no answer to:

It's a bit rich calling me sanctimonious when your first reply to me insinuated you're the high and mighty purveyor of all truth because of what happened to you in one single park experience where they allowed you to bend the rules, rather than everyone else who's been able to read, understand and follow the system properly in the 3 weeks it's been open so far, not to mention the nearly 2 years the same system has been in place for other rides. But no, you checked with a couple of random cast members on one day and were allowed to do it yourself, and now are for some reason acting like you know the policy better than everyone on here, every blogger and vlogger in existence, and Disney themselves, all of who will tell you exactly what I've told you.

I hate getting into it with people on here, but you were rude first with that ‘I’m the one with the facts and yours is just opinions' nonsense, when all you actually have is an anecdote about how in your situation, they made a special allowance for you and deviated from the system, so I’m just responding in kind. You strike me as the type who may have made a big fuss had they not let you ride late, even though they didn't have to, and I really do believe you are ‘lucky’ because being 8 hours late just because you didn’t want to come earlier when your actual slot you were assigned was feels like it wouldn’t wash with all cast members for sure, and is certainly not something they allow to happen 'at scale'.

I'm still glad you got to ride, what did you think of it? I personally loved it but thought it was just a tad on the short side. I was expecting a final scene that never came. I'm sure none of this is going to have convinced you but I'm confident anyone reading this exchange will come out of it fully understanding the risk of potentially not getting to ride if they take your approach to the virtual queue and choose to pick their own return window, so in that way, I guess in the end this back and forth as a whole has been helpful!

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
$17 + tax today if you don’t get a virtual space😮
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List