Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 May 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 1 - Travel Day *

Day 1
Travel day ✈️🙌🏻
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories/saved highlights on @bailliesdodisney

It's finally here! 🙌🏻

5am though! 😴

I can't say I was this excited when the alarms went off! 🤣
Especially Callum's... What is it with teenagers these days having the most annoying phone sounds in the world?! And apparently they can't turn it off themselves...

Up, showered and dressed, pretty standard. I sit doing Paige's hair whilst Michael has a chill out on the bed.
Poor soul hasn't had any coffee yet ☕... We have been subjected to the word coffee over and over since he's opened his eyes! If you followed my stories then you'll have seen it 🙈

We leave on time, which for me - just happens. Usually with the rest of the clan, I'm pushing them to get the hell out of the door!

What, no stress?!

This is too unusual!

Oh wait, better check Michael has done THE CHECK!
After leaving Orlando last time having left loads of things in the room, it's pretty standard for us now.
Except it's not been done. That would have been eating into Michael's chill out on the bed time. Again, poor soul hasn't had his coffee, he couldn't possibly function as an adult yet 🤣

Phone charging lead retrieved - we are off!

Then I'm subjected to a 15 minute engineering walking podcast from Michael about the footpath, it's not wide enough and doesn't make sense apparently... Insert loads of other knowledge that is super interesting (&#129325 Everyday is a school day, at least it's not about drainage this time ...
Maybe he's saving that for Magic Kingdom...
Whilst we are looking up at the beautiful castle, he will be looking down main street for drainage, or lack off apparently from Vlogs he's seen...
Help me! 🙈

Going through departures was really quick and easy. I was patted down again though ... Every single time!
Maybe I just look really dodgy! 🤣

Then we had a Nandos breakfast. I've never eaten in Nandos for breakfast before.
The eggs benedict - 5 out of 5!

The pancakes apparently not that great the kids said and Michael enjoyed the full breakfast, apart from the sausage. The bloke thinks he's hard ordering a medium but he just can't handle it! 🥵
He should stick to plain-ish from the kids menu!

We wander around waiting for our gate number to be called, spraying about 20 sprays each from the duty free... The 'free' stands for free perfume and aftershave sprays right?!
Have you even been to an airport unless you come out smelling like a tarts handbag! 🤣

We then sat and waited for boarding.

The flight was brilliant. (Well, as far as sitting in a tin for 9 hours goes!)
It took 8 hours 49 minutes exactly.

Charlotte the air hostess took time to come and speak to us and ask about our trip before take off. It actually got us really excited.

The kids meal was Mac and cheese with mushrooms? Why does Mac and cheese need mushrooms in it? 🙈 My kids don't like mushrooms so Paige started with a chocolate pudding pot...

We are on holiday, don't call the social on us 😂

The adults meal was grilled chicken, mash and mushroom sauce. I was actually very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it.

Not sure what it is with kids that make you want to die inside though... A man coughed mid flight, Paige shouted coronavirus at him... 🙈 I mean, I hope not! 🤣
Both kids were brilliant on the flight though.

Turkey baguette and a crunchie came round. It was more of a salad baguette than anything else, I think I had a bite 😬

We landed 3.30pm and in true MCO fashion, the queue for immigration was LONG! At least 2 minutes into the queue Paige didn't say she needed a poo-and Callum wasn't nearly throwing up from a bit of travel sickness... Other than that, the hour and a half wait was manageable!

In fact, it was like an episode of Eastenders at one point with a man going mental at a worker. I'm not sure when is a good point to get angry at the staff in MCO but before you get through immigration definitely isn't it!

Michael was then taken away to secondary processing for a grilling. He's been to Iraq after 2012 so he had to prove he was there on military service.

Then we still had to wait for the baggage... Since when did our son get to the point to be able to lift bags off himself!? I don't think I'm ready for this.
The hire car was recieved at 18.20. Kids were rolling around on that beautiful carpet by the end.
We have done the drive in style around Orlando, this time we just want a car to get us from A to B. Andy @ DFCH is your man!

Then it was time for WALMART! I bloody love Walmart! There are definitely some strange characters in there - and I'm one of them! Running down the aisles getting excited for all the snacks! Cheetos, pop tarts, eggos! Get in my basket! 😍

I swear I could stay in there for hours upon hours, but the man child needs feeding!

There was only one place... Giordano's pizza pie! THIS is the pizza! So excited! Although we are definitely all running on fumes by this point. 10pm Florida time, 3am UK time and a 40 minute wait for pizza! We are pushing through! Our server Stephanie was brilliant!
Not sure why we always over-order though! Note to self - GET A SMALL NEXT TIME!

Home to our villa for bed! 😁😁

Tomorrow Chef Mickey's and Magic Kingdom! Arghhhh!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Great travel day, who knew Nando’s did breakfast, those eggs looked good
I agree with you re Mac & Cheese why oh why put mushrooms in 😫🙄😢maybe for some of five a day 🤷
And WOW that pizza pie looked way better than ours that we had in Chicago 😂😂

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A great travel day but mushrooms in mac n cheese in a childs meal! How many children like mushrooms

I love a good Walmart shop and always fit in a good long trip to there and Target
Old 31 May 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a good travel day. Looking forward to the rest 😀
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Great travel day. I've never seen a pizza pie before!

Looking forward to reading on.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Great travel day, who knew Nando’s did breakfast, those eggs looked good
I agree with you re Mac & Cheese why oh why put mushrooms in 😫🙄😢maybe for some of five a day 🤷
And WOW that pizza pie looked way better than ours that we had in Chicago 😂😂

I know right?! It was really good too! Pancakes weren't the best but these kids are used to proper pancakes 🤣

Just don't understand the mushrooms at all but you're right, it must be for 5 a day, maybe peas would be a better choice!

That surprises me about Chicago because that's the home of Giordano's pizza pie! It was so so good though!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
A great travel day but mushrooms in mac n cheese in a childs meal! How many children like mushrooms

I love a good Walmart shop and always fit in a good long trip to there and Target

Exactly my point too! Such a strange choice.
Oh definitely! We always make time for the American shops 😍
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Sounds like a good travel day. Looking forward to the rest 😀
Thanks so much for reading x
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
Great travel day. I've never seen a pizza pie before!

Looking forward to reading on.
We hadn't until we came to Orlando, it's so good! Fully recommended!

Thank you x
Old 1 Jun 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great travel day Sarah
You did really well running on those fumes ….. and pizza pie
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List