Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jun 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolewhiplover
I want to go now!

Eating at Heathrow the night before.

Hi everyone.

I’m hoping I’m not the only person that wants to plan wayyyyyyy in advance! We’re heading out to Disney World in May next year and we’re looking at staying up at Heathrow (providing virgin flights stay there) and I’ve heard on a video on YouTube that there’s nowhere to eat at Heathrow terminals before security. Been thinking about dinner the night before up there. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on if this is true and/or if they have any recommendations where to eat up there?

Thank you in advance and have a magical day.
Dolewhiplover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

It depends which terminal. if you check out the following, you can filter by terminal and Before Security

heathrow/at-the-airp...ype=restaurant
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If you’re staying at a hotel near Heathrow, would you not consider eating at the hotel?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolewhiplover
I want to go now!

Hello! Yeah I was thinking about eating in the hotel but I guess it depends on what hotel we choose. Some places do food and some don’t, or have I got that wrong?
I saw the Hilton have a restaurant but noticed it was rather pricey.
Dolewhiplover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
There are very few hotels which are literally "at the airport", so eating at a terminal would probably require transportation (Uber, taxi or bus), so you're more likely to eat at the hotel you're staying at, use a delivery service such as Uber Eats to get food delivered or, if on Bath Road, walk to one of the few options there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Dolewhiplover View Post
Hello! Yeah I was thinking about eating in the hotel but I guess it depends on what hotel we choose. Some places do food and some don’t, or have I got that wrong?
I saw the Hilton have a restaurant but noticed it was rather pricey.
The Hilton Terminal 5 (if that's what it is) is a lovely hotel and our first choice when flying out of Heathrow. The food and drink options are very good but the price reflects that.

But if you are staying there, as you keep your car, you'd be able to pop out and pick stuff up.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolewhiplover
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The Hilton Terminal 5 (if that's what it is) is a lovely hotel and our first choice when flying out of Heathrow. The food and drink options are very good but the price reflects that.

But if you are staying there, as you keep your car, you'd be able to pop out and pick stuff up.
That’s cool! I guess you pay for what you get. That sounds like quite a good idea actually.
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolewhiplover
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
It depends which terminal. if you check out the following, you can filter by terminal and Before Security
Brilliant! Thank you for the link, I really appreciate it!
Old 2 Jun 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Just to give people the heads up, terminal 4 reopens 14th june and there are a number of hotels linked to the terminal via walking tunnel, the hilton t4, crown plaza t4, holiday inn express t4 and Premier Inn t4, all you would have to do is walk into the terminal and take the lifts down to the train to your chosen terminal.
Old 2 Jun 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Just to give people the heads up, terminal 4 reopens 14th june and there are a number of hotels linked to the terminal via walking tunnel, the hilton t4, crown plaza t4, holiday inn express t4 and Premier Inn t4, all you would have to do is walk into the terminal and take the lifts down to the train to your chosen terminal.
I’m really happy about this as we are staying at the premier inn terminal 4. I’m presuming we can then catch the train to terminal 5?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List