Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jun 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We saw 3 or 4 one day at HS.
ALL of them looked exhausted.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Slightly off topic, but we were in Naples last week and saw so many dogs out and about in shops etc. a lot more than we’ve ever noticed on previous trips.

I was wondering how they were coping with the heat as our dog doesn’t get walked in the heat here let alone the temps it gets to there. We take her out early or late to avoid it.

I spoke to a lady at the outlets with a lovely dog and she said they acclimatise to the heat and cope with it fine. All I could think of was burnt little paws.

Another lady at our hotel had a little service dog, a Kind Charles Cavalier, but she wasn’t used to the heat and she said she takes her back up to the room and throws cold water over her. I spoke to her whilst she was sitting in the midday sun by the pool. Didn’t seem necessary to have the dog there to me but then I don’t know what it was trained to do.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
We saw 3 or 4 one day at HS.
ALL of them looked exhausted.
That's what a day fiddle-faddling on Genie+ will do to you.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

In 2018 I was queueing with about 10 service dogs for Flight of Passage! It was pouring with rain and the whole ride smelt of wet dog! They were so cute though, all in a big group!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our friend here an army veteran has an assistance dog
They do the parks all the time longer days in the winter
Shorter in the summer but he has a cooling jacket on and cooling boots he does do some rides but if he’s sitting out if we are with them I dog , baby and bag watch
He gets his harness off for the waiting time he loves the interaction he gets when people see his jacket that says off duty you can talk to me over his cooling jacket
He’d go all day but is never made to ever and no way would he be taken to the parks without his boots and jacket and spares in the cool box in the car for the end of the day
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have seen a lot of giant poodles in varying colours-including a one dyed blue in MK a couple of days ago. All looked very hot and tired but they did have the small booties on their feet to guard from the hot pavement. When we were in HS at the weekend we were stood up on a patch of ground under a tree to get some shade and a cast member came over and suggested we move as it was a designated spot for toilet breaks for the assistant animals- there was no sign up saying that 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Our friend here an army veteran has an assistance dog
They do the parks all the time longer days in the winter
Shorter in the summer but he has a cooling jacket on and cooling boots he does do some rides but if he’s sitting out if we are with them I dog , baby and bag watch
He gets his harness off for the waiting time he loves the interaction he gets when people see his jacket that says off duty you can talk to me over his cooling jacket
He’d go all day but is never made to ever and no way would he be taken to the parks without his boots and jacket and spares in the cool box in the car for the end of the day
We saw a few with boots and jackets and even little doggy visors to protect their eyes from the sun! I think all of those ones were dogs of veterans too. They clearly take good care of their dogs.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

There were quite a few when we went in 2019. Many clearly were there for the owner's convenience rather than being a trained service dog.

Honestly, I think it's animal abuse in many cases. It spoilt various bits of the holiday for me.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were in Universal Studios last month and a lady had a service dog with her which was a little Bichon.
We went to watch The Bourne show which is very loud and the poor little thing was terrified I don’t know what she was thinking taking a dog in there
Old 9 Jun 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We were in Universal Studios last month and a lady had a service dog with her which was a little Bichon.
We went to watch The Bourne show which is very loud and the poor little thing was terrified I don’t know what she was thinking taking a dog in there
We have a Bichon she is overly sensitive to everything. Id never imagine taking her to a busy location let a lone a theme park or in a loud show.

They are known to have anxiety. Surprised she dint have a service dog for her Bichon !
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List