Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jun 22, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military style trip. May 2022. Travel home and a summary.

Sunday 22nd May

Index

I had really hoped to visit aquatica this morning. I popped to reception to see how long we could have the room for and if I could pay for a late check out. I rather leave our important stuff in the room rather than a locker. I was told 12 was the latest.
With the traffic yesterday I reluctantly came to the conclusion aquatica wasn’t happening this visit. I was sad but the holiday had been so full. I guess last day nerves were kicking in as well.
I finished packing, all went in without a problem. We sat by the pool one for half hour and then left our cases at reception, this was organised with tags going on them and given to us.
It was the last day of the premier league so we walked across to the Alehouse.
Lots of English were already in there, we took a seat by the bar. Matt ordered a beer and I got a Coke Zero.
It was a really exciting morning, the Alehouse had 4 or 5 different matches on big screens and Matt had his phone updating. So glad Everton wasn’t relying on a win today, it took all the stress away.
We had Liverpool fans cheering when they scored and Man City fans cheering when it was disallowed. It really was a great atmosphere however the service at the Alehouse was noticeably different to us. I had thought that already on our previous visits there but today was more obvious. The bar tender was busy and working hard but she ignored me 3 times when I asked for a refill, the American next time me was constantly asked if he needed anything.
It didn’t effect the morning, just annoying. I was also texting friends, one enjoys the football and would have loved all the screens.
In the end Leeds stayed up and Man City won the title.
We decided to eat here, just because it was easier.

I had a chicken Philly, it tasted good but was a little dry.
I was half way through before I was asked if I wanted any sauces.
I had tried to ask but was ignored again but I finally got some ketchup.
Again, the American next to me was immediately asked when his food came out.
We asked for the bill, we did tip but not as much as restaurants with better service.
Now we had a few of hours to kill, I wish I had researched celebration better, we spoke about an Uber there but didn’t want to get stuck in traffic/not knowing where to go.
In the end we went to the convention centre to people watch in their costumes.
It was hot and not as busy today.
I had pre ordered an Uber but cancelled when I saw it was calmer.
Back at the hotel we retrieved the cases, had a drink and I ordered the Uber. It happened to be right outside so straight in.
Traffic was a little busy but nothing to worry about.
The driver was lovely and very chatty. It was busy at drop off we we just quickly got out.
Check in was open, no queues so didn’t take long to drop the cases and get our boarding pass. Matt had checked in online before, we just got printed passes as well.
Security had a line, it was one booth for 2 lines and the guard was calling people up alternatively. We got to the front and a large group of young adults tried to go together, the lady was great and sent them all back, just letting 2 boys through and then called us up.
It didn’t take long and soon enough we were in the terminal.
We had a look in duty free, not great deals on alcohol but the cigarettes and tobacco are really cheap.
Food options here are limited, you have outback and bahama breeze but we just wanted a small meal.
I debated a taco place and Burger King. I went for Burger King, this was a mistake 🤣
They have a new system, queue to order on a machine then queue for your food. It took ages. I had a fish burger meal, Matt a bacon king meal, both large.
Total $23.41.
I got us a drink, Coke Zero. it was warm and flat. I tried the Fanta with ice and it was the same, we couldn’t drink it.
Time was ticking on now because of the wait for food.
We went into the shop for drinks, one guy tried to push in, got told off, then begged to go first as he had milk for his baby.
We soon boarded, the plane was newer as we had a touch screen but had minimal staff.
As soon as I could, I watched Marry me, basically an advert for J Lo. I enjoyed it for the fluff it is. Then ghostbusters afterlife, I really liked this. The kids were great and an enjoyable throw back.
Drinks happened. I must have looked like I needed 2. 🤣

I actually took one home for dds 21 miniatures present.
And food.

Which tasted as good as it looks.
Service wasn’t the quickest, you could tell it was understaffed but all very nice and it’s different on a night flight.
I managed a sleep, it was very calm. Woke up and watched the first little fires everywhere. (Finished it when I got home)
A croissant and juice were served. We actually got in early but had to circle due to no spots at Heathrow. Matt liked looking out the window for this.
We were soon off, both made it through the security machines and our cases were among the first.
Coaches were limited from Heathrow so we did have a wait.
We went to marks for a meal deal and stayed in the terminal for a while before heading to the bus station. Already forgot how long the walk was. 🤣
Coach left on time, got to London, brought more food and didn’t wait long for the next coach.
Traffic was awful getting out of the city but slept most the way.
Picked up a maccys and took a taxi home.

Flights
We were very lucky as all the other flights (including spirit) had delays, we were arriving early.
Outgoing BA were spot on, quick, easy to get extra drinks and snacks. Home it wasn’t as quick but understand as they had less staff, it was still really friendly service.

Rosen inn
For a budget hotel, this is perfect. Loved the 2 beds, the location, it was always clean. The bar and pools were good as well. Would stay again.

Transport
The trolleys were a let down but for the price worth getting a ticket. Just not if you are relying on them to be on time. It was better with the tracking as you could plan, but the lynx buses seemed more frequent.
Glad we used Uber, this was so easy. Also scooters are all along I drive, something else to consider.

Crowds
After reading about packed theme parks, we experienced the opposite. Seaworld had lots of field trips but we still managed all the shows and walked on two of the main big rides.
I drive was quiet, apart from megacon but even then we could still easily get a table for food and drinks.

Eating and drinking
Prices have increased but you can still find deals and happy hours, plus mix restaurant meals and fast food for an affordable holiday.
Bahama breeze was a highlight.

Shopping
The outlets are the place to shop. We had nearly a full case of stuff to take home.

Thank you so much for reading, the likes and comments.
I really appreciate every one and I can carry on replying now I’m finished the report.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
And the big question, are we going back?
Well, when dd and her bf have a schedule for next year (she’s in final year of uni and he’s doing a masters) then we will book for us all. Matts already on the case. 🤣

Highs and lows

Edited at 03:54 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Sounds like you had a great time

Joan
Old 12 Jun 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thanks for your lovely trip report I’ve enjoyed it all
I too watched Marry me on the way home 🙊❤️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Sounds like you had a great time

Joan
Thank you so much for reading and commenting.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Thanks for your lovely trip report I’ve enjoyed it all
I too watched Marry me on the way home 🙊❤️
X
Thank you so much. Marry me is an easy watch while flying.
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report. Laid back, but also full on, with lots of fun. I still can't believe you did your mid trip hop to NYC. That was a great idea. Thanks for sharing it all with us as it has been fun to read.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report. Laid back, but also full on, with lots of fun. I still can't believe you did your mid trip hop to NYC. That was a great idea. Thanks for sharing it all with us as it has been fun to read.
Laid back and full on describes it perfectly.
Thank you so much for reading and your comments.
Not too long until your holiday now.
Old 18 Jun 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I have enjoyed reading along
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Great report, really enjoyed it! Thanks 😊
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List