Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jun 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

fast passes waiting time at Universal

Never been to universal stupid before, and would really like to know whats the typical wait time if you have fast passes at universal? saw some vlogs mention fast pass line are just as long as single rider? but still don't know how long it would be!.

also to ride Hagrids the motorbike ride is it virtual queues only? we are staying on site therefore we get early entry, but not sure if hagrids also open early?

TIA
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Express pass is (maximum) half the wait time of the standby line.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've always found it to be generally pretty damn quick - I'd say faster than I'd expect an average single rider line to be. There has been a couple of times ever I've waited maybe 20-30 mins (once for Rip Ride Rockit and another time for the Hogwarts Express), but it was clear there was some sort of major back-up going on or they'd had a previous issue, so that's not the norm. This has tended to be in the spring outside of school hols though.

Hagrids is a normal standby queue, express passes not accepted, but it does open early with early entry...usually..except when it's down first thing then it makes VelociCoaster a nightmare.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Just back today and we found it to be very quick except for Gringotts where we stood for 30 mins as seemed to join in with the standby line quite soon.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Ive never waited very long at all with US/IOA fast pass system. It does make it quicker on most rides.
But there are some where you join the regular queue quite early on.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

The trouble is the pricing varies. On the days it's affordable you don't really need it... on the days you really, really need it, boy is it expensive.

If you're getting them as part of your accomodation deal then but otherwise I think they are either a bit of a waste on quieter days and, unless you are well off to the point of not really caring what things cost, way overpriced on busy days.
Old 21 Jun 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Media Mikey
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
The trouble is the pricing varies. On the days it's affordable you don't really need it... on the days you really, really need it, boy is it expensive.

If you're getting them as part of your accomodation deal then but otherwise I think they are either a bit of a waste on quieter days and, unless you are well off to the point of not really caring what things cost, way overpriced on busy days.
Not sure if it's always the case, but I found buying them well in advance was a lot cheaper. I've got express tickets for Monday and Friday next week. Back in March they cost $159.99 each (excl tax.) and are now $259.99 and $219.99 - bought mine direct from Universal as they were marginally cheaper and I also wanted to try out my Currensea card that I'll use for all spending when over there

I agree they are expensive but it's first time in Orlando for my daughter and I don't want her overriding memory to be about standing for hours in queues in the searing heat
Media Mikey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Media Mikey View Post
Not sure if it's always the case, but I found buying them well in advance was a lot cheaper. I've got express tickets for Monday and Friday next week. Back in March they cost $159.99 each (excl tax.) and are now $259.99 and $219.99 - bought mine direct from Universal as they were marginally cheaper and I also wanted to try out my Currensea card that I'll use for all spending when over there

I agree they are expensive but it's first time in Orlando for my daughter and I don't want her overriding memory to be about standing for hours in queues in the searing heat
Yeah, mine were in the park. The busyness had spoiled our holiday a bit so for our last day I wanted to treat our group of 5 to express passes.

My jaw nearly hit the flaw when they said $1,500.

Never mind... they can queue...
Old 21 Jun 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Media Mikey View Post

You have absolutely just shown me why I should book a night at Hard Rock hotel for our family of 3 as a treat (we have big birthdays this year.) For the 3 of us for 2 days, at the $159.99 that's $959.94, or I can book a night at the hotel for $510
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Media Mikey
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
You have absolutely just shown me why I should book a night at Hard Rock hotel for our family of 3 as a treat (we have big birthdays this year.) For the 3 of us for 2 days, at the $159.99 that's $959.94, or I can book a night at the hotel for $510
I think you're absolutely right to go that route. I would have done that also, except we didn't want to do consecutive days. Price differential wasn't that great as it's only the two of us
Media Mikey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List