Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
Air tags with ba are at least £80 if not more. I have a “tile” attached to my key ring (£15) and it is paired with my phone. It has location history and works within 250 ft. I am going to throw my keys in my suitcase and then check when I get on the plane if my case is locatable ( I will not let the pilot fly off until it is . )
Why throw the keys I would keep the keys with me and throw in the tag!

Edited at 01:20 PM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Why through the keys I would keep the keys with me and throw in the tag!
I’m just lazy I don’t need the key until my return and have several spare sets I take your point though I shall just throw the tile in.
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
So they need to be near an iPhone (any iPhone) to work?

Thanks
Yes unless someone’s phone opts out.

It’s about 250 feet I think the Bluetooth transmission.

It’s amazing how it’s picked up. We have had the cars parked in country lanes etc and regularly the tag is updated.

Basically it’s similar tech Disney uses to track you as you wonder around the parks. They used to rely on magic bands, but now with everyone having a smartphone, if you install the app, that’s all they need I suspect which is why they stopped giving away the magic bands.

You would definitely get regular hits if it was stuck in some baggage area in some airport somewhere. They are 80 quid for 4. Imagine if your bag does go missing to be able to say to staff ‘It’s in Kuala Lumpur airport ‘ or whatever. Very helpful. Also to see if it’s come off the plane when you are waiting at the carousel, assuming someone, somewhere behind the scenes is carrying an iPhone.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD asked me today if she could have one of these for when we in Disney! 😳 she is worried about getting lost! Not sure they are any good for tagging people!
Old 19 Jun 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
DD asked me today if she could have one of these for when we in Disney! 😳 she is worried about getting lost! Not sure they are any good for tagging people!
I think they are, people tag there pets with them.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Dd has one on her door let’s that stay in her school bag. Very easy to check and follow to see she’s left school for home.

Even easier in the parks as you’re surrounded by iPhones.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I think they are, people tag there pets with them.
We’ve got one on our dogs collar. Only because we had a spare really. It works well when walking around the streets but not great in parks etc as not enough people about.

It’s also really sad when we leave her with family to travel, as we leave it sends a message saying she’s been left behind 😭
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

We have them on keys, dogs collar and in all cases (inc hand luggage) when we travel.

On our last flight back from Orlando, we flew MCO -> LHR -> NCL and only 1 of our 4 cases made it to NCL. We could see from the Airtags info that they were in LHR and not still in MCO. We could also then see when they made it to NCL, and again see when they were on route for delivery which was helpful to make sure we were around as we didn't get any tracking info from BA/the delivery courier.

Would also be helpful if someone accidentally picked up your bag etc. I'd recommend them for peace of mind.

We always leave one in the car when we drop it off with airport parking too. Caused a bit of anxiety the first time we did this as we saw that night it was parked outside a pub! Turns out they hadn't just taken it for a spin, we were able to Google and find out the parking company used a lock-up next to a pub car park lol
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

When DD was little we safety pinned a tile on to her tshirt each day
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
Air tags with ba are at least £80 if not more. I have a “tile” attached to my key ring (£15) and it is paired with my phone. It has location history and works within 250 ft. I am going to throw my keys in my suitcase and then check when I get on the plane if my case is locatable ( I will not let the pilot fly off until it is . )
£80 for four
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List