Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mousefan View Post
Unless things have radically changed, both lounges are included. We last flew in 2019, business class with AL, and had coffee and snacks in the AL lounge before moving on to 51st & Green once we’d done pre-clearance. Just showed our boarding cards each time.
can i just check is there a fast track lane at preclearance ?

also i'm hoping to use both lounges mainly because i will have a very jittery and chronically anxious young man travelling with us and a lounge is easier than a busy hotel buffet breakfast area and because we can't go through preclearance too early he doesn't eat, he just needs a corner to hide away in
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
can i just check is there a fast track lane at preclearance ?

also i'm hoping to use both lounges mainly because i will have a very jittery and chronically anxious young man travelling with us and a lounge is easier than a busy hotel buffet breakfast area and because we can't go through preclearance too early he doesn't eat, he just needs a corner to hide away in
There is a separate lane for pre clearance security for business class passengers.
mousefan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Do AL Business class travellers get access to a lounge at MCO too?
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Sorry to butt in but does anyone know if you fly United business class from Dublin if you can also use the pre clearance lounge - you don’t have to book it or anything?
This link shows United is included dublinairport/enhanc...rline-partners
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Do AL Business class travellers get access to a lounge at MCO too?
Yes but if it’s the same lounge as was there in 2017 when we last flew out of MCO, it was small and crowded and we decided against using it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

We are out here now and travelled from DUB business with AL on Saturday just gone and there is a separate check in desk for business.. fast track security included as well as access to both lounges are included. We went to both as had time. AL lounge is before pre clearance which is not great but alright for a pit stop! Then you get a separate queue for pre clearance security then you preclear which you join regular line which wasn’t too bad about 20 minutes. Then we went to 51st & Green lounge.

Have to say we were glad we were BC because the queues for all of the above was insane. After preclearance it was chaos people everywhere just waiting for flights. Huge queues if you want to get a sambo or drink.

You can buy access to 51st & Green if you are not BC which I would recommend.

Flight was very good too. Food lovely and staff very good.

Obviously still a bit jet lagged awake since 5am! 🤩

Edited at 10:45 AM.
First Timer 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
We are out here now and travelled from DUB business with AL and there is a separate check in desk for business.. fast track security included as well as access to both lounges are included. We went to both as had time. AL lounge is before pre clearance which is not great but alright for a pit stop! Then you get a separate queue for pre clearance security then you preclear which you join regular line which wasn’t too bad about 20 minutes. Then we went to 51st & Green lounge.

Have to say we were glad we were BC because the queues for all of the above was insane. After preclearance it was chaos people everywhere just waiting for flights. Huge queues if you want to get a sambo or drink.

You can buy access to 51st & Green if you are not BC which I would recommend.

Flight was very good too. Food lovely and staff very good.

Obviously still a bit jet lagged awake since 5am! 🤩

Sounds good - we are going bc through Dublin but with United - can I just ask once you clear initial security and are airside are you able to buy drinks to take through pre clearance or are you limited to 100ml again at pre-clearance - it’s just for my son he’s autistic and very fussy.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Sounds good - we are going bc through Dublin but with United - can I just ask once you clear initial security and are airside are you able to buy drinks to take through pre clearance or are you limited to 100ml again at pre-clearance - it’s just for my son he’s autistic and very fussy.
You can buy drinks once you go through initial security 🙂 you wouldn’t be limited on ml then.

If you buy any duty free etc they will bag it in clear bags for you. I presume you have a connecting flight? so make sure to keep sealed in the bags until you land in FL
Old 21 Jun 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
You can buy drinks once you go through initial security 🙂 you wouldn’t be limited on ml then.

If you buy any duty free etc they will bag it in clear bags for you. I presume you have a connecting flight? so make sure to keep sealed in the bags until you land in FL
Brilliant thank you - couldn’t find a definitive answer.
We are flying to Dublin the night before - much cheaper we probably won’t have any duty free but my son has to have certain drinks that I’m sure we can get at WHSmith 🤞

Have an amazing holiday
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Martha_k
VIP Dibber

Thank-you so much for clarifying.

6 weeks to go and we're getting very very excited

Thanks everyone for your input - I love this forum, you can always find exactly what you need!
2022 - Kissimmee Villa
2025 - Planning in progress

Take me back...please!
Martha_k is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List