Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jun 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go - Day 13 - Chill Morning and Magic Kingdom

Day 13 –Chill Morning and Magic Kingdom

This morning started with me waking at 8.20am, a nice lie in! Noah was up playing on his tablet. Chris made breakfast this morning which was a nice change.

A quick change and we all went in the pool for a few hours, showers, dressed and packed lunches prepped we left the villa at 12.20pm and headed to Magic Kingdom. The drive didn’t take long at all and traffic was fairly quiet too thankfully. We couldn’t get parked in disabled which we kind of expected given how late we were, but we were directed to the preferred parking instead

We decided to take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom as we hadn’t managed to do it yet on this trip (mainly because we kept forgetting masks and they were required on transport at this point). Noah found a huge tag on his mask and proceeded to carry it round all day and stroke it. That boy loves his tags, we have such a cute video of him but I’m not sure how to pop it on here.

No queues at the turnstiles and into the Magic Kingdom, we refilled the popcorn bucket and got some photos.

We then headed down mainstreet and into Adventure Land, but not before stopping at the egg roll cart!

Snack

Back in 2018 we tried the cheeseburger spring rolls with our snack credits but I didn’t rate them at all. We decided to give them a try again, this time mixing it up with 1 cheeseburger spring roll and a pastrami spring roll too! We both loved the cheeseburger spring roll, I was gutted we didn’t get a portion each Chris preferred the pastrami one, but I wasn’t too keen on that one. They are expensive for what they are but definitely a nice treat!

This was $9.50

Next we rode our first DAS Pass of Pirates of the Caribbean and I secured a return time for Aladdin’s Magic Carpets, also booking a snack from Sunshine Seasons.

We enjoyed Pirates of The Caribbean but it’s always a once done for us, we just don’t get the hype for it It was very hot this afternoon so Noah had a run through the Tiki water sprayers for a while as we waited for our Aladdin return time.

Again Aladdin is the same, nice to do it but only once per trip, not worth a wait really.

Snack

Next we headed to Sunshine Seasons for our pre order. It was very busy here!

We got the I Lava You float and pot stickers, Chris enjoyed the pot stickers... Me not so much, but I am a fussy eater.

We all really enjoyed the float apart from Noah. We'd said we were getting ice cream but because it wasn't vanilla he had a meltdown, he shut up himself off in his pushchair and we just kept trying to encourage him to come out. He eventually did after 10 minutes when we were in The Haunted Mansion which was our next DAS ride.

Thankfully we had the disability tag on his pushchair as there's no way we'd have gotten him out of it to ride! Inside he came round himself and we rode the ride, which stopped 3 times, this was going to be a regular occurrence today.

Whilst waiting for The Haunted Mansion I secured a DAS pass for Big Thunder Mountain after The Haunted Mansion, so we headed there.

The queue here was huge! Noah was refusing to leave the pushchair even with the bribe of a ride. I didn’t realise but the DAS entrance on this ride is actually the exit, the CM directed us. There was another family ahead of us waiting. I explained to Noah that he would have to leave the pushchair to ride the ride here as we weren’t allowed to take it in as he can transfer, thankfully he got out but he wouldn’t speak to us. He stood to the side of us. When waiting inside for the ride he started trying to hurt Thomas and Chris. I eventually managed to distract and calm him and we all rode. We enjoyed this but the kids said they much preferred Space Mountain to this now and it just wasn’t as fast! Whilst we were in the queue for BTM I managed to secure a return time for Space Mountain for 4.40pm.

We had a slow walk out of Frontierland and caught part of the parade, we knew we would be really early for the DAS pass so went to Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner and pre ordered on mobile. The slot was around a 30 minute wait.

Dinner

I pre-orded on the app, good thing I did as when we arrived we would have had to wait and pre-order was showing as an hour later!

I wanted to try the Pinocchio Village Haus 1971 Meal which consists of All-Meat Flatbread, Garlic Knots, Fountain Beverage and a 50th Anniversary themed Cake Pop, sadly it didn’t come with garlic knots, came with breadsticks instead which I was a little disappointed. I also ordered a chicken Caesar salad. It was at this point we realised Chris has left the kids lunches in the fridge, this was the first time he’d made the kids lunches, he popped them in the fridge when he’d made them in the morning but forget to add them to the lunch bag luckily we had a stack of snacks (crackers, biscuits, crisps etc in the bag to keep Noah set for a while) Caitlin and Thomas dug into the flatbread, breadsticks and chicken. We all really enjoyed it.

This was $33.01

Next we headed down to Space Mountain, the park was very busy but not as busy as last week and the times reflected this. We all enjoyed Space Mountain but Thomas and I were a little disappointed as some lights were on so we could see a lot of the track which kind of ruined it a bit. I'd got a DAS return time for The Little Mermaid as we’d checked into Space Mountain. We had a slow walk up with Thomas losing his sunglasses on the way luckily a family seen him dropped them and ran back and gave them to us.

I love The Little Mermaid and I also enjoy the ride, yes it’s not thrilling but it’s just so nostalgic isn’t it … kid’s would have rather not rode it Another ride that broke down, this one was 3 times

The kids had asked to go on the Tomorrowland Speedway so we got a return time for that which was only around 15 minutes. We all enjoyed this although Chris complained his and Noah's car was slow... I blame the driver Thomas and Noah also got their Tomorrowland Speedway licences

Noah had asked to ride Winnie The Pooh so I'd secured a time to return for 40 minutes time.

When we got there the ride was down so we were told we could use the DAS Pass on another ride, off we went to Mickeys Philarmagic, I absolutely love this show, in fact we all did (apart from Caitlin), such a great show and underrated! If you haven't done it, do it. It’s a must for us every trip

Next up we headed to the Tangled bathrooms as we needed a comfort break, but I also was hoping to get the Tangled photos but sadly they weren't there At the time they still hadn’t restarted the picture opportunity yet, Chris tried to take some photos of me but they didn’t come out great

Anyway the kids had requested to ride Space Mountain again so I secured a time and we had a leisurely walk down.

The lights were still on It was now 7pm and everything was quietening down as people were securing their seats for the fireworks (we'll see them on Monday for my birthday)

Whilst in the queue I secured a return time for Buzz Space Ranger Spin, again this ride also stopped but the plus side was I managed to get over 400k in points from just sitting and shooting!

Next we did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor where Caitlin was picked out Chris was called out for 'illegal recording' (videoing) and called a criminal then we were all shown on camera again this another one we love and its different every time! We have the video footage on our Youtube video which should be out a week 27th June 2022!

By the time we left it was 7.59pm and just as we got to the hub the fireworks started! We got to the train station on main street and watched some of the fireworks then headed out before all the crowds. We got to see some fireworks on the boat too which Noah loved

I dropped Chris and the boys off at the villa and Caitlin and I popped to Publix as we needed some more milk, bacon and juice. I was secretly looking for the Cheesecake Factory bread but I couldn’t find it We cheekily called at Chick Fil A on the way back and shared a burger and fries. Noah was fast asleep when we got back around 9.30pm.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day with lots of rides done

Joan
Old 20 Jun 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Poor Noah didn't seem like he was enjoying things to start with. By the end of the day though you all seemed to be having fun. I'm really looking forward to Monsters Inc, even though the jokes are predictable we all laugh and find it funny. You all managed quite a long day in MK in the end, lots of rides and even the fireworks at the end of the day. You must have been shattered by the time you got back to the villa, especially having done some shopping too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely photos. And sounds like you got loads of rides under your belt. I loved the cheeseburger spring rolls, wasn't so keen on the other ones.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A lovely day with lots of rides done

Joan
It was thank you for reading x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Poor Noah didn't seem like he was enjoying things to start with. By the end of the day though you all seemed to be having fun. I'm really looking forward to Monsters Inc, even though the jokes are predictable we all laugh and find it funny. You all managed quite a long day in MK in the end, lots of rides and even the fireworks at the end of the day. You must have been shattered by the time you got back to the villa, especially having done some shopping too.
He did really struggle bless him, it was a very hot day too so I don't think that helped. As much as it's nice having a chilled morning in the pool I think it tired him out too. It was a long day but strangely didn't feel too long xx

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Lovely photos. And sounds like you got loads of rides under your belt. I loved the cheeseburger spring rolls, wasn't so keen on the other ones.
We certainly did and we didn't feel like we were rushing either which we enjoyed so much more. I'm so pleased we tried the the cheeseburger spring rolls again, they were so tasty! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

The way you describe it, it seems like quite a relaxed afternoon at MK, despite getting lots of rides done. Nice to relax by the pool in the morning too.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Sounds like a relaxed day and you got so many rides done

Bonus fireworks from the boat

Loving the cheeky girlie Chick-Fil-A
Old 26 Jun 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kelly you all did so well today !
I love that you don’t always rush off but still get lots done
Pre ordering food looks like it really is the way to go !
I love that you even managed a little girly trip in at the end of the day
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A lovely afternoon and evening in Magic Kingdom. You got loads done. I'm glad Noah calmed down in the end.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The way you describe it, it seems like quite a relaxed afternoon at MK, despite getting lots of rides done. Nice to relax by the pool in the morning too.
We were loving being able to chill and relax on a morning and just take things at our own pace x

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Sounds like a relaxed day and you got so many rides done

Bonus fireworks from the boat

Loving the cheeky girlie Chick-Fil-A
Who doesn't love a cheeky Chick-Fil-A x

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly you all did so well today !
I love that you don’t always rush off but still get lots done
Pre ordering food looks like it really is the way to go !
I love that you even managed a little girly trip in at the end of the day
Xx
This was a first for us, I normally have us up and out raring to go I think that's why we enjoyed it so much more, just a shame we can't always do 2 weeks

It's not very often Caitlin and I get time together and Noah is pretty attached to me (when he's not in crisis) so it was lovely x

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A lovely afternoon and evening in Magic Kingdom. You got loads done. I'm glad Noah calmed down in the end.
It really was, thank you xx