Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sydneymj View Post
Have tried to upgrade our seats from Economy Delight to PE we fly out on the 4/8/22 but not able to see the price upgrade when you hover over PE seat is this because I booked through a TA and not direct. When I booked the seats with my TA, on my VA account I managed to enter a bid upgrade price, when I try now on the system it now says no bid upgrade available. TIA
This means they are no longer offering the option to bid for an upgrade. It can happen. On our March flight to Barbados we bid and tried to go into change bid but it says "no bid upgrade available" about a month before we travelled. We actually still got our upgrade so it was still in the system.

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
I booked direct with virgin Atlantic I can’t see it either just to bid for an upgrade even if I hover over the seats can’t see any prices to upgrade ?
If its not showing then its not currently available. It will also depend on your ticket type. Certain tickets are non-upgradeable. If you've booked through a TA it can also be that you need to ask for the price of the upgrade through the TA directly. You can see your ticket type on your booking on the app under where it shows passengers next to the class (so mine says Upper Class (I) and my ticket type is class I). You can then check if its an upgradeable ticket type thepointsguy/guide/upg...-flight-miles/ lists which classes are not upgradeable (V, N & O in Economy or K in Premium)
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

My price to "upgrade now" did not show up until 3 weeks to go.. only had the option to bid before then.. i contacted virgin who gave me my price and said It was because of the way the tickets were being handled their end 🤷
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List