Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jun 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Las Vegas - price idea

My friend turns 50 next year and we are hoping to celebrate in Vegas. Can anyone give me a rough idea of prices for five nights during June half term. This would be for 2 adults.

I did a dummy booking and it came up as just over £2000 (for both people) for flights from Heathrow staying at the Luxor hotel. Is this about right for school holidays?

Wondering whether to wait as flights will only just have been released for the dates we want.

When do you normally book Vegas flights?

Also, I only looked at Luxor because that’s what my friend suggested. If there are any alternate ones that you would suggest, great.

Thanks.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Our first trip in 2018 staying in the the NYNY hotel cost £695 each that was late April for 5 nights. We booked as a package with our local TA. Just to give you a guide on price. I would of thought June would be a much cheaper month as it will be so hot then. But I gather everything is far more expensive now for next year 🙁

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24

Edited at 12:41 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Our first trip in 2018 staying in the the NYNY hotel cost £695 each that was late April for 5 nights. We booked as a package with our local TA. Just to give you a guide on price. I would of thought June would be a much cheaper month as it will be so hot then. But I gather everything is far more expensive now for next year 🙁
Thanks for that. 👍🏻

Think the fact that it’s school holiday which will also bump the price up.😔
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are in the Luxor in October. We paid £135 a night for a 1100 Sq foot suite in the Pyramid, on a corner and with dual aspect on the obviously sloping windows. That includes resort fees. We booked direct through MGM. I understand that the price increases greatly at weekends.

Many will suggest alternatives that are further up the strip, but this one suits our purposes rather well!

Flights?
I can’t help as we are driving in from San Luis Obispo and out to Tucson.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are in the Luxor in October. We paid £135 a night for a 1100 Sq foot suite in the Pyramid, on a corner and with dual aspect on the obviously sloping windows. That includes resort fees. We booked direct through MGM. I understand that the price increases greatly at weekends.

Many will suggest alternatives that are further up the strip, but this one suits our purposes rather well!

Flights?
I can’t help as we are driving in from San Luis Obispo and out to Tucson.
DH would be quite keen to try a different USA city for a couple of days before meeting up with our friends in Vegas if you have any suggestions of where might be a good place to stop en-route?

Edited to add: Your suite sounds amazing! Will check out prices. Thanks.

Edited at 01:23 PM.
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Luxor corner suite

I’m sold! 😂
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
DH would be quite keen to try a different USA city for a couple of days before meeting up with our friends in Vegas if you have any suggestions of where might be a good place to stop en-route?

Edited to add: Your suite sounds amazing! Will check out prices. Thanks.
That is quite a hard one as Vegas is geographically remote, rendering driving journeys rather long.

Guessing that you are flying in from the UK and with only a few days spare, you will want somewhere where the airport is very close to the city centre.the obvious ones are San Diego or Boston.

San Diego is stunningly beautiful for a city and has Balboa Park, the Waterside, Whale watching, Coronado Beach etc. You can see bits of it reviewed on my 2018 vacation link or my 2022 pretrip.

Boston (my choice), would be a shorter initial flight, break up the time zones a bit and again, it is a lovely city, with the Freedom trail highlighting it’s amazing history. My 2019 trip review, linked from my signature may be of help!

All trip reports cover Hotels etc, but ain’t so big on food piccies!

Hoping that this helps!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That is quite a hard one as Vegas is geographically remote, rendering driving journeys rather long.

Guessing that you are flying in from the UK and with only a few days spare, you will want somewhere where the airport is very close to the city centre.the obvious ones are San Diego or Boston.

San Diego is stunningly beautiful for a city and has Balboa Park, the Waterside, Whale watching, Coronado Beach etc. You can see bits of it reviewed on my 2018 vacation link or my 2022 pretrip.

Boston (my choice), would be a shorter initial flight, break up the time zones a bit and again, it is a lovely city, with the Freedom trail highlighting it’s amazing history. My 2019 trip review, linked from my signature may be of help!

All trip reports cover Hotels etc, but ain’t so big on food piccies!

Hoping that this helps!
That does help actually as I have been telling DH that I would love to visit Boston. I’ll check it out.👍🏻
Old 25 Jun 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Vegas tends to be cheaper booking a bit later, I would hang tight until later in the year. 3 years ago we did Hard Rock Hotel (now Virgin, off strip though) and direct Virgin flights for 5 nights for £500pp. I have often seen deals at some of the nice strip hotels for less than £700pp. Follow Holiday Pirates on facebook, they often advertise great Vegas deals.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Thanks for that. 👍🏻

Think the fact that it’s school holiday which will also bump the price up.😔
I don’t think Vegas is impacted by school holidays like Florida.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List