Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jun 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
I don’t think Vegas is impacted by school holidays like Florida.
That’s good to know. You’re probably right. Roll on retirement. Can’t wait for cheap deals.😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
That’s good to know. You’re probably right. Roll on retirement. Can’t wait for cheap deals.😂
My husband and I say that all the time 😂
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t think Vegas is impacted by school holidays like Florida.
No but transatlantic flight prices are.

We’ve been in Vegas in August and it was *really* hot so definitely go for something mid strip. Luxor I’ve stayed at , if anyone suffers from motion sickness don’t book a room in the pyramid as the lifts go sideways and affects those with balance , vertigo issues fairly often . In that price bracket I’d be looking at Planet Hollywood which has better access to the Strip and also more budget eating as well as upscale.
Travel Ruby has just done a new YouTube video on PH which is worth checking out, especially if pool time is important. She’s done one for Luxor too, she’s one of the better Vegas vloggers.

As August is so hot you can often get good late hotel deals so it’s worth DIYing. I usually book something acceptable and watch prices and end up either getting the hotel to price match or cancel and rebook several times before we actually go. Be aware Friday and Saturday night rates are often two or three times the price of Sunday to Thursday nights so if you are doing Boston with it try and fit your days accordingly (unless you are going for clubbing when the biggest nights are at the weekend).

Edited at 03:32 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
No but transatlantic flight prices are.

We’ve been in Vegas in August and it was *really* hot so definitely go for something mid strip. Luxor I’ve stayed at , if anyone suffers from motion sickness don’t book a room in the pyramid as the lifts go sideways and affects those with balance , vertigo issues fairly often . In that price bracket I’d be looking at Planet Hollywood which has better access to the Strip and also more budget eating as well as upscale.
Travel Ruby has just done a new YouTube video on PH which is worth checking out, especially if pool time is important. She’s done one for Luxor too, she’s one of the better Vegas vloggers.

As August is so hot you can often get good late hotel deals so it’s worth DIYing. I usually book something acceptable and watch prices and end up either getting the hotel to price match or cancel and rebook several times before we actually go. Be aware Friday and Saturday night rates are often two or three times the price of Sunday to Thursday nights so if you are doing Boston with it try and fit your days accordingly (unless you are going for clubbing when the biggest nights are at the weekend).
Not in my experience, when we were booking Texas in October 2017 we paid £350 each despite it being half term, then when we were booking Vegas 2019 we could have gone over Easter for the same price (but opted to go a week or so later other other reasons). We have often travelled over school holidays as that’s when we can ship the kids off to grandparents and haven’t found the price differences stark like it is for places like Florida or European holiday destinations.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not in my experience, when we were booking Texas in October 2017 we paid £350 each despite it being half term, then when we were booking Vegas 2019 we could have gone over Easter for the same price (but opted to go a week or so later other other reasons). We have often travelled over school holidays as that’s when we can ship the kids off to grandparents and haven’t found the price differences stark like it is for places like Florida or European holiday destinations.
However we are talking about summer break not half term . All US destinations have those months as high season , bargains post Covid aren’t as likely , summer or autumn . They tend to drop the second half of August though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
However we are talking about summer break not half term . All US destinations have those months as high season , bargains post Covid aren’t as likely , summer or autumn . They tend to drop the second half of August though.
Apologies, it’s June half term that we will be travelling. 👍🏻

Thanks for all the info with regards hotels. I’m seeing my friend tonight so will mention about Planet Hollywood.👍🏻

Clubbing? I really hope not. I haven’t been clubbing in about 20 years and even then, I felt old. 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I think that’s really expensive for Vegas. We have done a week a few times (in school holidays including once in May) and I’d be after a nicer hotel for that price. The location of the Luxor isn’t great either.

Have you got a Saturday night included in the stay? That can make it more expensive if you don’t (flight price) although Friday and Saturday nights push hotel prices up in Las Vegas. I also wonder if you may be clashing with a big event or conference which can also push prices up a lot!

We’ve stayed at Ballys, Tuscany Suites, Mandalay Bay, Vdara, Venetian, Signature Suites (MGM). Didn’t pay masses per night at any of them but this was all pre pandemic.

Edited at 10:18 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think that’s really expensive for Vegas. We have done a week a few times (in school holidays including once in May) and I’d be after a nicer hotel for that price. The location of the Luxor isn’t great either.

Have you got a Saturday night included in the stay? That can make it more expensive if you don’t (flight price) although Friday and Saturday nights push hotel prices up in Las Vegas. I also wonder if you may be clashing with a big event or conference which can also push prices up a lot!

We’ve stayed at Ballys, Tuscany Suites, Mandalay Bay, Vdara, Venetian, Signature Suites (MGM). Didn’t pay masses per night at any of them but this was all pre pandemic.
Thanks for the info. It’s good to know that that is expensive and hopefully, we can get it for less.

It would be Monday to Saturday. I’ve spoken to my friends tonight and suggested we look at somewhere a little bit closer to the action.

Flights will only just have been released a few weeks for our dates so hopefully they’ll drop.👍🏻
Old 26 Jun 22, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We went in 2019 for DS 40th. We stayed at the Cosmopolitan with VH. We stayed Sunday -Thursday during UK Easter holidays.

Think it was about £700 each

Location was perfect. Right on the strip. And apparently the best buffet breakfast in Vegas.

Person I'd only stay on the strip. Anywhere between the Cosmopolitan and the Lync.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

I agree with all this.
Luxor definitely wouldn’t be high up my list, especially for that price.
I’d definitely look more mid strip like planet Hollywood, nyny, cosmopolitan..
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List