Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 15 - Hollywood Studios

The dining report for today is here.https://DIBB.in/15480334

Today was our last full day . I set the alarm for 7am to get RotR. I also managed to get Slinky but then decided to cancel it and book Toy Story Mania as Mum likes that and would ride it but not Slinky. I had said to Mum the night before that we were aiming to be at the park quite early but she didn't really commit so I wasn't sure if they were up. It turned out they were but Mum had been waiting to be told when to get ready so we ended up a bit later than planned. We had breakfast in the room but the Starbucks coffee at the Swan is revolting. plus you get one cup at a time. I suggested Marie leave the bag in and she said it wasn't bad. It actually took a third run through for me.

We rode TSM then went round to Galaxy's Edge for Marie to look in Doc Ondars for kyber crystals. Every time we went there was a huge queue so we had originally planned to get to the park early and go their first but obviously that didn't happen. There was a massive queue again however when Marie told the CM why we were there they let us straight in. Apparently you only need to stand in it if you want a legacy lightsabre which we weren't. She bought yellow and purple.

We then rode RotR with out ILL. After that we went looking for food as Mum & Dad hadnít had breakfast. I find this a big issue in DHS. The only place we could think of was the place we had bought churros on day 1 but it was the other side of the park and only really had one choice. We found a cart that did some pastries and churros outside the Muppets. They had two cinnamon buns and some muffins so we ordered the cinnamon buns, a muffin and a churro. Turns out despite churros being the only thing on the sign it was also the only thing they didnít have. It was really busy and we were getting hangry - too early for lunch but no luck with breakfast stuff. I think at this stage I'd just had enough of the huge queues at quick service places and kiosks. DHS has so few options for breakfast items that everywhere is always busy. We decided to leave and just for the fun of it get the Skyliner to CBR. We considered eating at CBR but the Skyliner station is a bit away from the food court so we just jumped on the Epcot one.

I thought I'd taken more pictures but again they're videos.

It was too early to park hop (another thing that was making me grumpy ) so we wandered into Beach Club and tried our luck for a walk up at Beaches & Cream as it was now lunch time. You have to sit at the counter but we got it.

Mum & Dad had grilled cheese and tomato soup, Marie the kids hot dog and a side of tots with chilli. I got the French dip sandwich.

I had considered a lunch ADR here for our last day but didn't think Mum would like it there. By the time I decided to risk it I couldn't get anything. This was all very nice and in hindsight would have been a good option for the last day. Anyway, we enjoyed lunch but were too full for dessert so decided to walk to Boardwalk and get ice cream from the place that used to be Ample Hills but it turns out the ice cream place doesnít open until 3. We went back to the Swan & Dolphin and then headed to The Fountain. It doesnít serve ice cream until 4! We were all a bit fed up and I wanted to take advantage of being so close to two parks so suggested we go back to DHS and look for somewhere that does ice cream. We got the boat this time to save our legs. We ended up at Berties and got a plain ice cream. We sat on a bench opposite Prime Time Cafe eating it. Mum and Dad left after that and Marie and I went for a wander. We didnít do any rides. I discovered today that Micky & Minnie's runaway train wasn't a paid for lightening lane . Unfortunately I couldn't get a decent time so we headed back after an hour or so and ended up walking as there was a big queue for boat.

We rested in the room before dinner at The Yachtsman. We wanted somewhere close by because we knew we'd be busy packing. We had kept the gift cards we had for this. Marie & I had $200 and Mum & Dad $100.

We had the usual onion rolls to start with some roasted garlic. These were as nice as I remembered.

We all ordered the lobster bisque.

This was lovely and creamy although maybe a bit too rich.

We all ordered filet steak and the server asked if it could be butterflied. In hindsight I wish I'd said no. Both the chef at The Turf Club and the one at Space 220 had managed to cook a perfectly well done steak without butterflying it so I should expect the same at The Yachtsman. In fact I've had it that way there before.

It was nice but I feel should have been on a par with Space 220 and it wasn't.
Marie, Dad and I ordered mashed potato as our accompaniment and Mum the potato leek gratin.

Marie also wanted the truffle mac and cheese.

She felt this was too rich this time round and didn't eat much.

I don't know if it was the day we'd had, the going home tomorrow or what but while this was a nice meal it was a bit underwhelming. As we were finishing our meal they started to set up for a large party and were moving tables about. It started to feel a bit crowded and we've never felt that before at The Yachtsman.
We didn't have dessert and just walked back along to the Swan to get our packing finished.

We've since reflected on this day and in hindsight should have made plans to do an evening in Hollywood Studios since we were sp close but hindsight is always 20/20.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Such a shame about your meal 😟
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The hunt for ice cream, I wouldn't have thought this would be so hard, goodness me, what a trek.

I totally agree about the lack of breakfast options in HS, it's a right old pain in the backside. We've had the Joffreys donuts from a kiosk just past the One Mans Dream entrance on the way to Toy Story Land. Is that still there?

Disneyland 1993. DLP 2000, 2019, 2020. Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.

NOW LIVE A great big beautiful - Cocktails and Food Report

All my old trip reports click here NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020, Jamaica 2021, Rome 2021.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The hunt for ice cream, I wouldn't have thought this would be so hard, goodness me, what a trek.

I totally agree about the lack of breakfast options in HS, it's a right old pain in the backside. We've had the Joffreys donuts from a kiosk just past the One Mans Dream entrance on the way to Toy Story Land. Is that still there?
Yes I think so. To be honest I hadnít thought about the Joffreys stands until that day at Epcot, mainly because of lack of nearby seating. Iím already thinking about dining options at DHS for next September . We might get the Skyliner somewhere!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List