Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Epcot fireworks view

When we went in 2019 we did the Frozen Desert Party and really liked it. Amazing views, fun food and quick go on Frozen Ever After.

For our trip later in the year I am stuck with what to plan and want to enjoy Harmonious. How long do you need to sit out if you want a good view? Spice Road party I don’t think the view is worth it based on the reviews. Rose and Crown - there’s something in me reluctant to pay to eat British food…. or is it something special or the view really worth it? It’s me, DH and DD 11 and DS 8

Any advice most welcome!
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I just read a review on Disney Food Blog of the Rose & Crown package. The food sounded ho-hum and the view was apparently not great.

Apparently unlike the previous shows, there are not many places where you get a really good view.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mmmmm good question.

We really enjoyed the Rose & Crown package. Thought it was good value…. Food was good, drink was ok (unlimited drinks) and were able to sit and watch the fireworks. We did enjoy it.

However, we also feel the fireworks are better if you see the middle ‘screen’. We saw the fireworks again towards end of the holiday and enjoyed the show more from our position (entrance to World Showcase ish from old future world).
Old 27 Jun 22, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

When we were there in early June people were sat holding spots for 2 hrs before. We decided not to do that and had a wander and got a spot near Morocco about 30 mins before hand. View was fine and it was near some rest rooms and a food cart so we had a comfort break and bought some drinks while we waited. Not sure if this is classed as the best view but it was ok for us.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So we did Rose & Crown in May (not the firework package as struggled to get but the regular meal at 7:30 and then they take you out to a little viewing area). The view was not great because most of the show takes place in the centre of the round water screen. This means the best views for the show are either Japan (under the gate) or between the two shops at the front of world showcase. Morocco is next to Japan so that too looks OK view wise. I think the ones to avoid are Norway, China, UK & France just based on where they would be around the side of the circle screen
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

We went during Easter. We were in the 'main' viewing area - between Disney Traders and Port of Entry shops. It got busy c10mins before, but 30mins before, when we arrived, it was fine, we were well situated near a fence (so no one near us).

For me, it's a great viewing point as you see the screen and also the surroundings.
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Only 2 really good places to watch it for the full effect and that's port of entry between the two shops or American adventure
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Coffeedrinker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Only 2 really good places to watch it for the full effect and that's port of entry between the two shops or American adventure
We did the port of entry spot on the slight ramp going up/back from the path between the two shops around 3 weeks ago. Whilst the spot was busy, it was nowhere near the over-crowded scramble that getting a spot in front of the castle is for the Magic Kingdom fireworks show. With 360 degrees of viewing around the lake, people space themselves out so much more.

Having a straight on view of the screens was incredible - we absolutely adored Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and have played the music regularly since seeing it first in 2001. Harmonious on the other hand probably has it beat. The fireworks are on another level again, and the marriage of music and the visuals on the screens are jaw dropping. DW and I were in tears watching much of it.
2022: Port Orleans French Quarter
2023: Port Orleans French Quarter (October!}
Coffeedrinker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

So looking forward to seeing this, my DD is a bit worried as she loved Illuminations ( she was a cast member in 2000 and they mean a lot to her).I hope they are a worthy successor.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone this is so helpful. I think we’ll not doing the dining and instead find a good spot to watch from - my main worry was it being rammed like MK but it sounds like it’s very different to that
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List