Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jun 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Day 6 Epcot, Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom

It’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opening day!

We had no idea the ride would open during our holiday and were so excited when we found out. I promptly booked lots of Epcot days. We decided we wanted to be there for opening day, especially as it’s virtual queue and paid lightening lane only…made me think it wouldn’t be too insane as people can’t just join a queue for it - although we did see one poor woman ask where she could queue, followed by “what’s a virtual queue?!” Don’t think she got to ride!

I was up and ready for the 7am boarding group drop, while Mark was going to buy the lightening lane too - to give us two chances to ride.

Well it went pretty well!

It was $54.33 for three of us, including tax. (The price dropped after a few days and then cost us $44.73)

High on our booking success, we got on the monorail to Epcot to start our day.

When we arrived, we popped into Creations, the main shop in Epcot, to check out ride merch, as I knew it would be rammed later. We got some pins, including one with the opening date on which I didn’t check the price of…and that’s how I spent $55 on one pin! It’s a fun keepsake but I definitely wouldn’t have bought it had I stopped to check the price tag! My money app tells me we spent $112.86 in here, so the next time you’re thinking what idiot pays Disney prices, please remember me fondly 😂

After that little spendathon, we got called for our ride and much earlier than we were expecting!

I immediately broke into my speed walk to get to the ride asap…and no one else was there! It was just us three! We got filmed by a camera crew tapping in which really added to the excitement.

We all adored this ride. It is so fun and a great roller coaster. The addition of the music really makes it. We got One Way or Another by Blondie which works perfectly with it.
One tip though, tie your hair back for the ride photo!

I think we were among the first people to ride on opening day - so fun! And we had another go lined up as well.
We stopped for some photopass shots after the ride

We were so lucky with our early start - the queues for both the shop and the photos were huge afterwards. We really timed it right.

After that very exciting start to our day, we popped into Starbucks at the Connection Cafe to grab some breakfast - no photos I’m afraid but it cost us $31.35 for three drinks, two breakfast sandwiches and cookie.

We queued for Soarin’ and Living with the Land, before using our genie+ on Test Track and had our second go on Cosmic Rewind. We also rode Spaceship Earth with genie+

And saw some more topiaries and went into the Bambi butterfly house

What a great Epcot day! And it was still so early. We had a Homecomin booking for 2.30pm today - I’d booked it before we knew cosmic rewind would open that day and couldn’t find any other reservations so was resigned to missing out and paying the $30 no show fee - but we actually had plenty of time to get to Disney Springs after our awesome morning.

We got the bus from Epcot to Saratoga Springs and walked to Disney Springs from there - this led us out right next to the Christmas shop

And because I hadn’t spent enough already today, I promptly threw another $117.11 at the Mouse on Christmas stuff!

We also bought a Poly themed candle in the next door shop, this was $22.37 after tax - it smells so good

There was a bit more shopping before our lunch - getting some pins and phone cases

Finally it was time for lunch. Mark was not impressed when I first told him I’d booked a fried chicken restaurant - I think he didn’t understand what could be special about something you can get at KFC?! 😂 so I was a bit apprehensive in case this turned out to be a dud. Luckily, it was delicious

We were so stuffed. The food was great and the servers were lovely - we really enjoyed this meal. We had leftovers but they ended up getting forgotten in the hotel fridge the next morning (more on that in tomorrow’s instalment!)

Heath fancied an ice cream afterwards (how do kids manage to force so much food in?!) so we went to Ghirardelli - big mistake! We waited for ages for an ice cream cone which cost $10.07! It was huge but the place is just too busy, no one needs to wait that long for a simple scoop of chocolate ice cream in a cone. I didn’t get a photo of it because I think we were so over it by the time it arrived!

We headed for the bus back to the hotel after we finally got the ice cream and relaxed for about an hour - no pool time for Heath today, much to his horror!

Then it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom - I mentioned before that Heath and Mark didn’t really like this park, but they had really grown to love it now we could just pop in when we fancied it.

The piano player was outside Casey’s as we came in at 6pm

He was great and we really enjoyed stopping to watch him for awhile.

We also spotted another gold statue

Then we headed off to ride Splash, Big Thunder and Pirates - all of which we’d stacked on genie+
Heath was feeling very brave after Cosmic Rewind so this was the start of him sitting alone on Big Thunder

We got drenched on Splash, avoid the front row if you don’t want to look like you’ve just got out of the shower 😂 and of course, I was wearing a white top again, thank goodness everything dries fast in the Florida heat!

(We kept getting the wrong photos for Pirates, not sure if we ever ended up with our ride photo! It happened a lot on Test Track too.)

We also saw a cavalcade on our way to the rides

We then headed into Tomorrowland - got some churros and a healthy blue cup of sugar for Heath

We had some photopass shots

And found golden Stitch

We also did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and Mark was chosen as the man who just wants to dance again! He had this on our last trip. He gave it some welly and got lots of cheers 😂 such a fun show.

On a bit of a whim, we decided to watch the fireworks from Main Street tonight. We paid for dessert parties on our last trip but hadn’t bothered this time so had to brave the crowds.

We got to Main Street about half an hour before the show was due to start and messed about with the genie+ lenses as we waited

It was all lovely until the show started, then every man and a kid on his shoulders appeared - boo! I did actually loudly exclaim “Mate! Not right in front of me!” to one person, who did then drop their child to their hip. I also accidentally on purpose fell onto a woman who thought she could shove me out of the way…she also moved so I did as well as you can in a crowd of that many people. Mark however, was absolutely miserable and he and Heath had moved to the side on the pavement. Mark managed to find a spot when Heath could still see most of the show luckily

Mark is chief photographer so we have no fireworks photos because he was too grumpy to take any 😂
Here’s another look at the castle instead

I loved the show. I had only seen Happily Ever After once so didn’t have a huge emotional attachment to it. I do find the projections and fireworks make it tricky to know what to look at but seeing Tinkerbell fly at the end and hearing the You Are The Magic song definitely got me a bit teary! That song grew on me so much over the holiday, I just associate it with happy family time.

As we were quite near the exit of the park, we got home fairly quickly on the monorail and were soon in bed after another busy day

We noticed a herd of elephants seemed to have moved in above us - constant thundering back and forth even though it was fairly late at this point. The room we were in was very noisy I have to say. It was an adjoining one so we’d previously heard someone’s phone call word for word, as well as alarms going off in the morning - but this overhead noise was even worse than all of that. I muttered about it but dropped off quickly. Unfortunately Mark wasn’t so lucky and was kept awake for ages. More on that in the next day’s report, when we’re off to Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs again.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 27 Jun 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

What a FAB day ! Glad you got to ride GOTG 🤩
Lunch looked amazing too 😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day

Joan
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
What a FAB day ! Glad you got to ride GOTG 🤩
Lunch looked amazing too 😋😋
It was such an awesome day. Heath says it was his favourite of the whole trip!

I’d kill for that lunch today 😂

Thanks both for reading and commenting x
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What an exciting morning. Practically a VIP ride on Guardians first thing, with the film crew and no one else around. I'm not surprised you got caught up in the fun and bought your limited edition pin. What a fantastic memory for you all though. Opening day and you rode twice! Just awesome.

The rest of the day seemed to fall into place perfectly. Loads of other rides at Epcot, then the yummy late lunch at Homecomin and more fun at MK. That photo of you all on BTMR is great, you all look like you're having the best time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an exciting morning. Practically a VIP ride on Guardians first thing, with the film crew and no one else around. I'm not surprised you got caught up in the fun and bought your limited edition pin. What a fantastic memory for you all though. Opening day and you rode twice! Just awesome.

The rest of the day seemed to fall into place perfectly. Loads of other rides at Epcot, then the yummy late lunch at Homecomin and more fun at MK. That photo of you all on BTMR is great, you all look like you're having the best time.
It was such a fantastic day - a real highlight of the trip.

Aw, I love that photo too. So much fun.

Not long for you now!
Old 22 Sep 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DinosaurGirl
Getting to know the DIBB

The children on shoulders thing really gets me - I'm short at just over 5 foot, so anyone averagely tall blocks my view to an extent without someone at 6 foot putting a child on their shoulders. Honestly, it's the height of selfishness when we're all at the park trying to look at the same show - there should be some rule about you can't lift a child's head higher than yours to stop it! Glad you managed to make your point and get the child in front of you put down to hip height - though it just blows my mind that people wouldn't just do that in the first place!
DinosaurGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DinosaurGirl View Post
The children on shoulders thing really gets me - I'm short at just over 5 foot, so anyone averagely tall blocks my view to an extent without someone at 6 foot putting a child on their shoulders. Honestly, it's the height of selfishness when we're all at the park trying to look at the same show - there should be some rule about you can't lift a child's head higher than yours to stop it! Glad you managed to make your point and get the child in front of you put down to hip height - though it just blows my mind that people wouldn't just do that in the first place!
I might get Mark to put me on his shoulders next time to see if I can start a riot 😂