Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Is it any stranger than football fandom ?
We’ve all heard of the grooms conflicted on their wedding day because their team made the final, for example.
I really don’t care what others do with their own time or money . My own husband accepts my own fandom (not Disney) and is happy I’m happy when I disappear to enjoy it either here or in the US . I find those obsessed with what others do a bit strange. It’s not like it impacts on them in any way.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve not read the whole article but by the definition in it I’m not a “Disney Adult”. Not quite anyway. The comment that they’ll be “the end of Western civilisation” made me laugh though. There’s something missing in someone’s life that they hate so deeply for no reason.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Does this include Star Wars fans ?
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I personally think people just need to mind their own business and let others do what they want.

In the meantime, I’ll get back to wearing my Mickey Mouse t-shirts and counting the days down until the next visit 😉.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

If I am honest I find the ‘cult’ of Disney a bit odd.
I am baffled by people who have a lot of Disney home decor and live in Disney clothing, as opposed to the odd mug and t shirt.
Hero worship of Walt as some kindly old gent who just wanted to make people happy as opposed to the ruthless businessman with some very questionable views that he was is another thing that baffles me.
And visiting Disney to the exclusion of seeing the world in all of its amazing diversity seems wasteful to me…and finally Disney tattoos…. Just seem odd to me. Grown men with children’s characters on their calves… I don’t get it and I find it a bit creepy.
I like theme parks - and a bit of escapism is fine, but its just a holiday.
I haven’t seen many Disney films, but I have been to all of the Disney Parks worldwide just to experience them. It’s part of a holiday not a whole holiday for me.
In my view, the world is too big to just keep repeating the same experience, so of course it seems odd to me when others don’t see that and keep on returning…
Ultimately it does no harm and its down to individual choice, but yes, I do find extreme Disney adults a little strange
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I just think it’s an each to their own kind of thing. There’s so many holidays and activities that I don’t enjoy, but I wouldn’t judge others for liking those things because we are all different…

I don’t want to go to Florida every year, but I still love the Disney parks and I don’t see anything wrong with people that are obsessed with Disney!

I mean, I wouldn’t have a Disney tattoo or plates, but each to their own! 😀
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
If I am honest I find the ‘cult’ of Disney a bit odd.
I am baffled by people who have a lot of Disney home decor and live in Disney clothing, as opposed to the odd mug and t shirt.
Hero worship of Walt as some kindly old gent who just wanted to make people happy as opposed to the ruthless businessman with some very questionable views that he was is another thing that baffles me.
And visiting Disney to the exclusion of seeing the world in all of its amazing diversity seems wasteful to me…and finally Disney tattoos…. Just seem odd to me. Grown men with children’s characters on their calves… I don’t get it and I find it a bit creepy.
I like theme parks - and a bit of escapism is fine, but its just a holiday.
I haven’t seen many Disney films, but I have been to all of the Disney Parks worldwide just to experience them. It’s part of a holiday not a whole holiday for me.
In my view, the world is too big to just keep repeating the same experience, so of course it seems odd to me when others don’t see that and keep on returning…
Ultimately it does no harm and its down to individual choice, but yes, I do find extreme Disney adults a little strange

This is my Disney tattoo
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I have no idea what that is a tattoo of so I wouldn’t find that strange
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I have no idea what that is a tattoo of so I wouldn’t find that strange
It’s the Jedi symbol that was in their temple and on their battle armour
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I’m sat here in my living room looking at my cuddly Yoda, Daisy Duck, Chip and Dale, ornaments related to Tikki Room, Figment, orange bird, the Skyliner, Disney Cruise and Three Callebros drinking out of my Disney cup while my Disney 50th candle burns having just returned from my Disney holiday with a countdown for my next Disney Cruise and thinking ……. Oh Dear lol! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List