Old 27 Jun 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022 - Travel Home

Today was our last day. I won't link to the dining report for today because I didn't take any photos - of anything.

As with our POFQ check out day we had a long lie. We had the Ultimate tickets rather than the new Magic ones so only had 15 days to use them. Normally we'd go to a park on our last morning if the flight was late enough but that would have meant no park on day 1 and that was never happening! Instead I had suggested we go to Disney Springs for last minute shopping. Mum had wanted to go yesterday afternoon but I was worried we'd just spend today hanging around if we didn't have a plan.
We got ready and packed up then called Bell Services to collect and store luggage. The button for Bell Services didn't work on our phone and Mum & Dads phone didn't work at all so I called the central number. They had to ask which hotel we were in so I presume it's a central place that answers. They sorted it out for us and soon after a bellboy arrived. He thought we just wanted the luggage just taken to the car so I had to go down with him to get the luggage tag.
We decided to see if we did have a $50 dining credit and headed across to Fresh! Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin for breakfast. Marie and I have eaten here before when we stayed at Boardwalk and really enjoyed it but it's expensive. It's $24.99 per person for a buffet however some items are brought out to you, like toasted items and certain eggs. There's a serving station with waffles, pancakes and French Toast and a meat section with ham, bacon, sausage and I think turkey. There was a self service area with some fruit and pastries. I remember there being more to the self service area last time. This was really nice and even better because it was more or less free. We added $10 per room tip and we did indeed have a $50 dining credit so breakfast cost us $5 each! The only frustration is that had I known before we left that we had it we probably would have chosen Shula's Steakhouse for a meal instead of The Yachtsman.
After breakfast we headed to DS for some last minute shopping. We probably should have went the day before as we kind of ran out of time. Marie and I split from Mum & Dad then lost them which didn't help! We got what we wanted then headed back to the Swan to pick up our luggage and order a Lyft for Mum & Dad as there was no way were were all getting in the car plus 6 suitcases! We'd had problems the day before getting Dad's account set up for some reason so ended up setting one up for Mum instead but there was an issue with it as it wouldn’t accept Mums Revolut card. So while I was rearranging my luggage to fit some stuff we'd bought in Marie was trying to get a card to link to Mum's Lyft account. Luckily we'd allowed plenty of time! In the end she had to use her current account card which was less than ideal but had to be done. The Lyft came in 2 minutes thankfully and they arrived about 20 minutes before us. As usual we had to join a massive queue of returning cars and hunt for a trolley. Because we had all the luggage we had to get two. I started to slowly get the cases out while fending off the trolley people and praying Marie managed to find two trolleys so we didn't need to use one of them. After a few minutes she appeared back with two luggage trolleys and we got loaded up and away.
We dropped the Visitor Toll Pass in a box as we entered the terminal building so that was handy.
Because all the UK flights were checking the queue at PE check in was quite long. As we waited I watched the luggage handler throw suitcase on to the belt and decided I had time to get the plate I'd just bought out of my suitcase and into my hand luggage .
Eventually we were checked in and got through security relatively quickly - about 15 minutes. While in the queue we could see a guy with a full size suitcase. I thought it was a bit odd but then I don't know everything about air travel . We then heard him say to his wife "I think I was supposed to check this bag". Eh, yeah . He had to get let out the queue and head back to the check in desks.
We went to Outback for food as it was close by and didn't look too busy. We've been here a few times and it does the job. I got chicken tenders, Mum and Marie a chicken Caesar wrap and Dad the burger. For some reason I also was given a side of fries with my chicken tenders and fries. I didn't eat all my fries.
We boarded late and then in the end took off 2 hours late due to a slow moving storm. I was reading my book so not really bothered. We were served dinner of chicken fajita, salmon Thai red curry or vegetable shepherds pie. I got the salmon and wondered if I had Covid as none of it tasted of anything. There was a lemon cheesecake which was also tasteless. I managed to get some sleep and then suddenly it was time for breakfast of overnight oats plus either blueberry muffin or sausage egg and cheese biscuit. I got the biscuit and both were horrible. I've seldom had a decent meal on the return. I think the company they use in the US must just be really bad at it. It's never quite as bad on the way out.
We were fairly quick off the plane and into immigration which was done via the automated machines. Luggage came out quickly which is a miracle for Edinburgh and we were soon in the car park with Marie and Dad trying to remember where they parked.
And that was that. Back on the road and on the way home after another trip .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Not a bad flight home 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Always good to do some last minute shopping. A bit of a faff setting up and linking the payment for the ride back to MCO for your parents but at least it all worked out fine in the end. I agree about the plane food on the return it's never as good as the outgoing trip. I wonder if this is because I'm also a bit miserable as we're on our way home and the trip is over, but I think it's actually just bad food!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Always good to do some last minute shopping. A bit of a faff setting up and linking the payment for the ride back to MCO for your parents but at least it all worked out fine in the end. I agree about the plane food on the return it's never as good as the outgoing trip. I wonder if this is because I'm also a bit miserable as we're on our way home and the trip is over, but I think it's actually just bad food!
It’s so consistently bad I just think they must be bad at plane food on that side of the Atlantic .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List